PDA

View Full Version : Misc Davinci Code

The Yousef
05-18-2005, 05:18 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/da_vinci_code/large.html

^trailer....

bigb996
05-18-2005, 09:34 PM
im just not understanding what they are making a movie on from the trailer. I mean i know its a book and i never read it of course haha but really what is it about? So far i get that the art pieces have hidden meanings.

Dragonfly5338
05-19-2005, 12:45 AM
In a nutshell:

The book is about a theory that the Holy Grail is actually referring to Mary Magdaline, who supposedly had a relationship with Jesus. They produced a daughter - and their bloodline is protected by a Secret Order, starting with the Knights Templar. Leo DaVinci and many other great artists were members of this order. And in the book, the Catholic Church is involved in killing those who know the truth about Jesus because it would destroy their power.

Very good book. You should read it. :)

The Yousef
05-19-2005, 12:47 AM
In a nutshell:

The book is about a theory that the Holy Grail is actually referring to Mary Magdaline, who supposedly had a relationship with Jesus. They produced a daughter - and their bloodline is protected by a Secret Order, starting with the Knights Templar. Leo DaVinci and many other great artists were members of this order. And in the book, the Catholic Church is involved in killing those who know the truth about Jesus because it would destroy their power.

Very good book. You should read it. :)

excellent synopsis....i read all the Dan Brown books....they were all excellent....i kinda liked Angels and Demons a little bit better then DaVinci Code....

yousef

Pher
05-19-2005, 01:00 AM
It is a great book! I sure hope a movie can do it justice... most likely not though. That book was very in depth and reproducing that into a movie will be very hard.

Dragonfly5338
05-19-2005, 01:06 AM
Yeah I dunno either. It was an amazing book. But I dunno how it will fair as a movie - there is a lot of details that if cut for a screenplay would ruin the storyline, I think.

Although if anyone can pull it off as an actor, Tom Hanks can. Audrey Tautou is perfect for Sophie, too. Alfred Molina is an amazing actor, also. Looks to be a good line up as the cast.

Pher
05-19-2005, 01:47 AM
Have you read Angels and Demons?

Dragonfly5338
05-19-2005, 01:52 AM
No, not yet. I may read it in the bookstore and see if I like it, hehe. I did that with Davinci Code. I speed read so I can finish a novel in an hour or so, hehe.

Pher
05-19-2005, 02:17 AM
I wish I could do that. I read about as slow as christmas but I stick with it. It might take me an hour to finish one chapter but I retain it. I haven't read it either, just wondering if you had.