PDA

View Full Version : Handling Mods Painted wheel wells and brakes, what ya'll think

gobraves00
08-09-2006, 10:29 PM
took all day but i am pleased with the results. i have written up a How To but dont wanna post if someone already has, let me know and ill post.good or bad let me know your opinion, thanks.

5spdfrk
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
help a brotha out and resize!

gobraves00
08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
i did sorry, didnt realize it was gonna be that big
as well in 3rd pic you can see how i painted the stock muffler with aluminum high heat spray paint, dont know how well it is going to be but we will see

2.0civic
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
should have taken the calipers off and sprayed them

gobraves00
08-09-2006, 10:46 PM
yeah shoulda coulda woulda, but i didnt, oh well

Bruce Leroy
08-10-2006, 06:49 AM
u suck

4dmin
08-10-2006, 07:56 AM
wheel wells look good... brakes ok.

thepolecat
08-10-2006, 08:50 AM
I hate painted drums IMO. wheel wells look good though. Agree- shoulda taken the caliper off

aaronfelipe
08-10-2006, 08:56 AM
wtf paint the disc?

gobraves00
08-10-2006, 08:41 PM
yeah, it will come off once i drive it for a couple of miles, not to worried about it. and i just checked them after sitting for 24 hours and they all dried perfect, it doesnt look like i have to do any touch ups.

sprix!
08-11-2006, 06:07 PM
Hopefully it won't cause you any problems having paint applied directly to those components in such a fashion. On a Prelude I used to have, the previous owner painted the brakes and caused one caliper to get stuck in the open position. I only had braking power in the rear and on the front driver's side. 75% braking power was not cool....
Looks good though.

Nittanys1
08-11-2006, 06:25 PM
yeah you painted your shock too...you should have taped everything off first...only would have taken 2 mins......what kinda paint did you use? and did you clean the calipers before you painted?

gobraves00
08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
yes i cleaned the calipers before painting. i painted everything else in the wheel well with flat black paint.like i said i have done this before with no problems, and i was actually supposed to tape the disc off but i just forgot, opps. why i need to be worried about painting shock??

Nittanys1
08-11-2006, 09:24 PM
y r u getting all snippy....you asked for feedback we r giving it. I wouldnt have painted it like that due to the look of everything else...when you put the wheel back on your going to see the paint else where.....IMO you didnt do that great of a job!

gobraves00
08-11-2006, 10:16 PM
im not getting snippy, im open for everyones suggestions and opinions, shit half the stuff i do to my car i have done wrong the first time then sum1 tells me the way and ill do it right the next time. its all good, thanks for the comments so far.i posted the pics knowing that sum would have negative things to say, no biggie, u learn from your mistakes and move on.

nunyadamnbiz
08-11-2006, 10:22 PM
u should have pulled off those drums and grinded them or sanded them down, but all in all not too shabby

gobraves00
08-11-2006, 10:43 PM
i was going to do that but my back brakes are crap. last time i pulled them off i took me forever to put all the components together, springs came flying out, i think i need a new brake kit for the back. i really didnt want to spend to much time on them, i was really just doing a half ass job to get the appearance to look a little better. the last car show i went to i noticed that the judge noticed how ugly tat area of the car was looking so i was just wanting to spruce it up some.

speedminded
08-11-2006, 11:50 PM
i was going to do that but my back brakes are crap. last time i pulled them off i took me forever to put all the components together, springs came flying out, i think i need a new brake kit for the back. i really didnt want to spend to much time on them, i was really just doing a half ass job to get the appearance to look a little better. the last car show i went to i noticed that the judge noticed how ugly tat area of the car was looking so i was just wanting to spruce it up some.
Hate to be an ass but this is a joke right? Wait, no i'm not....I haven't done anything this ridiculous since the powerwheels.

VVVV Insert driver's license here VVVV
http://www.guardianoffers.co.uk/mall/Timscris/customerimages/products/TIMWGA006.jpg

umairejaz
08-11-2006, 11:55 PM
.....u do suck, take your time next time around, or just fuckin stay 30ft away from any car from now on.

Stormhammer
08-13-2006, 12:02 AM
not bad but

get bigger brakes

gobraves00
08-13-2006, 06:07 PM
probably wrong place to ask since im domestic, but does anyone recommend a brake place, ive been wanting to be able to see all my options.i can read about everyting but i rather see. also whats everyones thought on slotted orcross drilled?
also i took the car out for a drive for about 10 minutes, got brakes hot and did some hard braking, got home and all the overspray was GONE. i thought it might work that way but the way ya'll have been dogging me i was getting worried. if theres a next time i will remember to mask off.

speedminded
08-13-2006, 06:20 PM
probably wrong place to ask since im domestic, but does anyone recommend a brake place, ive been wanting to be able to see all my options.i can read about everyting but i rather see. also whats everyones thought on slotted orcross drilled?
also i took the car out for a drive for about 10 minutes, got brakes hot and did some hard braking, got home and all the overspray was GONE. i thought it might work that way but the way ya'll have been dogging me i was getting worried. if theres a next time i will remember to mask off.Just brakes 99.95 all 4 corners, i'm sure they have touch up paint too.

Slotted eats pads preventing them from glazing during spirited driving. Crossdrilling does absolutely nothing but look cool and cause cracks from extreme temperature changes....water puddles during hard driving, etc.

As for the overspray, I know braking didn't cause it to just fall off the shock or non contact areas of the rotor, as in the entire center and outer edge.

ECMgarrett
08-13-2006, 06:51 PM
damn that looks like shit