PDA

View Full Version : What A/c Components Do i need

Hektik
08-09-2006, 03:49 AM
I have a 98 civic with an LS swap as of right now all i have is the condenser. all the top lines are gone and so is the compressor and bracket. Now my ? is what bracket do I need becaus eive been told that i need a delsol bracket becasue of the smaller amount of space in the bay.

+1 for any helpful advice
TIA:goodjob:

i4_garage
08-09-2006, 06:56 AM
i got all of wat u 'll need

Hektik
08-09-2006, 07:22 AM
how much?

Im picking up a b series a/c compressor sometime this week so what else would i need?

i4_garage
08-09-2006, 08:00 AM
well i got the mount, bracket and AC compressor.....if u come to me i give u a good deal on it...pm me about the price on the compressor tha tu getting now....

Hektik
08-09-2006, 10:28 AM
whats the mount
sorry kinda dumb ? but im not sure what it is
also im pretty sure i do but just be completely sure I DO need a different belt right

Hondatwin23
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
would u like to finish my ac system ?
i got damn near everything i could think of but kinda confused on some of the piping

Hektik
08-10-2006, 05:31 AM
bump

juan b
08-10-2006, 09:23 AM
damn alex you aint got a/c? even i have a/c bwhahahhahahha.. all you need is a compressor, the ac lines, condensor which you already have.. and i think the bracket you have now should work i dont see why you need the del sol one. but i may be wrong

what you can do is come over with your car and your girls car.. and we take the ac out of her car and put it in yours ;)

Formally...
08-10-2006, 09:55 AM
It depends on what compressor you have. To use a b-series compressor you just need any b-series a/c bracket. If you are going to use a d-series compressor then you have to use the B16 DELSOL bracket. This is the only bracket that mounts to a b-series block but can hold a d-series compressor.

Hondasi
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
so if i have a b16a2 motor i can use any bseries ac bracket???

Hektik
08-10-2006, 07:13 PM
damn alex you aint got a/c? even i have a/c bwhahahhahahha.. all you need is a compressor, the ac lines, condensor which you already have.. and i think the bracket you have now should work i dont see why you need the del sol one. but i may be wrong

what you can do is come over with your car and your girls car.. and we take the ac out of her car and put it in yours ;)

hahahaha that would work except that she takes the baby to day care and i dont think she would be very happy

Hektik
08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
It depends on what compressor you have. To use a b-series compressor you just need any b-series a/c bracket. If you are going to use a d-series compressor then you have to use the B16 DELSOL bracket. This is the only bracket that mounts to a b-series block but can hold a d-series compressor.

MAN thanks alot i wish someone would have told me this last summer i wouldnt have sweated a pond into my car..:goodjob:
also whats the best to check an AC compressor