PDA

View Full Version : HKS Supercharger

Retro
08-08-2006, 09:34 PM
Yo whats up a buddy of mine just picked up his new car the other day, its an 03' 350z with an HKS Rotrex supercharger kit. Its also got a body kit, carbon hood, and 19" Bronze Volk Rays Te37s. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this supercharger kit before and if so if its good or not. Also it seems to be alot louder than most superchargers at idle but maybe its just the way its made, not sure though. Anyways I apreciate any input anyone has. Thanks guys.

Ran
08-09-2006, 04:42 PM
HKS always makes good sh*t. I'd say you got a solid kit.

HiPSI
08-09-2006, 09:38 PM
Yo whats up a buddy of mine just picked up his new car the other day, its an 03' 350z with an HKS Rotrex supercharger kit. Its also got a body kit, carbon hood, and 19" Bronze Volk Rays Te37s. Anyways I was just wondering if anyone had heard of this supercharger kit before and if so if its good or not. Also it seems to be alot louder than most superchargers at idle but maybe its just the way its made, not sure though. Anyways I apreciate any input anyone has. Thanks guys.

the rotrex is noisy due to the planetary gears they use to drive the compressor. as far as reliability goes, they are excellent setups since they carry their own lubrication system separate from the engine oil and have their own oil cooler even.

Retro
08-09-2006, 10:42 PM
yeah i noticed that its got an oil can and cooler in the front bumper, it uses this clear special oil, its pretty cool.

babowc
08-10-2006, 10:45 PM
pm...

HiPSI
08-11-2006, 08:57 AM
yeah i noticed that its got an oil can and cooler in the front bumper, it uses this clear special oil, its pretty cool.

it's not usually actual special oil... it's usually mineral oil or a blended version of it.

Repost Squintz
08-11-2006, 09:05 AM
ha, i saw that ride on autotrader.

MIKE.P
08-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Hey guys thanks for posting on this thread. It is my car I just hacby had the time to hey on latly.I don't think thips car was in the auto trader. Also what kind of oil or oil blend is it. I have been trying to find out what kind of oil it is and I can't find anything about it.

ct9a gsr
08-11-2006, 04:45 PM
So you bought an already built car? I hope you got the car checked out before purchase... those motors can react well or harshly to boost, randomly.

HiPSI
08-11-2006, 04:49 PM
Hey guys thanks for posting on this thread. It is my car I just hacby had the time to hey on latly.I don't think thips car was in the auto trader. Also what kind of oil or oil blend is it. I have been trying to find out what kind of oil it is and I can't find anything about it.

i'd say contact HKS to know for sure.

MIKE.P
08-11-2006, 05:28 PM
I tried to contact them. Shit they didn't even have the supercharger on their website. But yeah I bought the car built. No worries at all