PDA

View Full Version : TIPS FOR DRIVING IN JERSEY

ShooterMcGavin
08-06-2006, 11:42 PM
so after officially having driven in jersey (took a trip from newark to atl city and back today), i figured i'd offer up some tips to those that might be heading out that way:

1) ppl don't really speed in jersey, i mean i'm used to goin about 80-85 and most of the time around atl u get ran off the road goin that speed. well in jersey it's diff, u'll be the one running others off the road if u go anywhere near that speed :D

2) drivers in jersey don't know their left from right.....there were clear signs on the road posted that read "KEEP RIGHT - PASS LEFT".....yet all i saw were slow ass cars in the left lane(s), thereby causing those such as myself to have to pass on the right.....this also leads right into the next one

3) no matter what road or interstate or parkway u may be on, u are almost always guaranteed to go faster in the right most lanes as opposed to the left most ones, don't ask why, it's just how it is.

4) if there are any toll booths coming up, be ready to slow down.......like 10 miles before u actually get there. that's because as much as jersey loves to toll the shit out of u, they have no fuckin clue how to set up a toll booth. they split a bunch of them into an overall split between ezpass and "all others", which unfortunately for all the others, means u get to navigate a hell hole of a toll collection booth by trying to figure out which lane u need to be in for cash, exact change, or hell, even ezpass mixed in to make it fun.

5) new jerseyans are much better at brake checking and causing traffic jams out of nothing more than a simple slight curve than us here down south. be prepared for this and in the event u get caught up in it, refer to #3 :D

6) don't get hungry while driving/taking trips in jersey unless u've got money to blow. bc in addition to weird ass rest stops in the "median", be prepared to shell out tourist prices for such simple foods as burger king and sbarro ($4 for a slice of cheese pizza anyone???).

7) when offered a chance to take the "express" portion of the garden state parkway vs the "slow" one w/all the exits (don't even ask why they choose to split it up like this)......take the slow one. don't ask why but more often than not i saw cars in the slow lanes cruising by steadily as we sat creeping along at 20mph in the express lane.

bluuuurr
08-06-2006, 11:45 PM
c'mon, they named their basketball team the "nets". what do you expect from these people?

ShooterMcGavin
08-06-2006, 11:49 PM
^^^rofl :smileowne +1

Chris Mazda
08-06-2006, 11:51 PM
so after officially having driven in jersey (took a trip from newark to atl city and back today), i figured i'd offer up some tips to those that might be heading out that way:

1) ppl don't really speed in jersey, i mean i'm used to goin about 80-85 and most of the time around atl u get ran off the road goin that speed. well in jersey it's diff, u'll be the one running others off the road if u go anywhere near that speed :D

2) drivers in jersey don't know their left from right.....there were clear signs on the road posted that read "KEEP RIGHT - PASS LEFT".....yet all i saw were slow ass cars in the left lane(s), thereby causing those such as myself to have to pass on the right.....this also leads right into the next one

3) no matter what road or interstate or parkway u may be on, u are almost always guaranteed to go faster in the right most lanes as opposed to the left most ones, don't ask why, it's just how it is.

4) if there are any toll booths coming up, be ready to slow down.......like 10 miles before u actually get there. that's because as much as jersey loves to toll the shit out of u, they have no fuckin clue how to set up a toll booth. they split a bunch of them into an overall split between ezpass and "all others", which unfortunately for all the others, means u get to navigate a hell hole of a toll collection booth by trying to figure out which lane u need to be in for cash, exact change, or hell, even ezpass mixed in to make it fun.

5) new jerseyans are much better at brake checking and causing traffic jams out of nothing more than a simple slight curve than us here down south. be prepared for this and in the event u get caught up in it, refer to #3 :D

6) don't get hungry while driving/taking trips in jersey unless u've got money to blow. bc in addition to weird ass rest stops in the "median", be prepared to shell out tourist prices for such simple foods as burger king and sbarro ($4 for a slice of cheese pizza anyone???).

7) when offered a chance to take the "express" portion of the garden state parkway vs the "slow" one w/all the exits (don't even ask why they choose to split it up like this)......take the slow one. don't ask why but more often than not i saw cars in the slow lanes cruising by steadily as we sat creeping along at 20mph in the express lane.

uhhhh? people speed preety damn fast in jersey and for point 4 go get an ezpass you save money and its faster but for the other points i can somewhat agree with you.

TeeJay
08-06-2006, 11:52 PM
note to self....never drive in New Jersey.

RandomGuy
08-06-2006, 11:53 PM
i was up there a few weeks ago... they have some RANDOM ass intersections
Like you pull up and its red... and the other side is green... then the other side turns yellow and ur side blinks red... so u have to stop then go... and its just all around random (i'm talkin 4 lane intersection LOL)

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-07-2006, 04:48 AM
just let it drift away from the U.S like Cali lol

EmminoDaGreat
08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
dont forget the shitty roads

silver
08-07-2006, 07:46 AM
You forgot about the horns!! The are very horn happy there too!! lol... hahah I love going and visiting my family in Jersey.. I do nothing but either laugh or hold on to the oh shit bar when I am a passenger riding with a new jersian, lol

The Golden Child
08-07-2006, 09:21 AM
jersey people .. LIRL !!!