PDA

View Full Version : New 2007 Lancer Spyshots & Video

ClipseGST
08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
Noticed they have some new video and pics of the Lancer/Evo that's coming out next year. Seems like it's going to be a replica on the Concept-X

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/GeneralFuture/articleId=116193

Enjoy

umairejaz
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
i never saw the concept X but looks cool

Georgia_boy
08-06-2006, 11:31 PM
well atleast they are going to
try to make it look a little better.

even though it still won't sell for shit.

ClipseGST
08-07-2006, 05:57 AM
Surprisingly, I think it'll end up selling. Mitsu builds pretty good cars now, they need to go back to building sporty ass cars w/ their well known 4G63 engine. If they could make the EVO-X like their flagship which I think it's already is, and made a coupe, and some other cars around it. They'll be good to go.. .but not with what they have out now.

Georgia_boy
08-15-2006, 04:29 AM
I personally think the new eclipse should have been based on a EVO platform instead of the galant. they should have brought back the turbo eclipse
or atleast an AWD option especially w/ the new V6.
But, that would mean more weight for the car and it is already pretty damn
heavy in the first place.

2.3 Evo 8
08-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Those spy shots and that concept has been out for a while now. Old news if you didn't know.

1439/2000
08-16-2006, 02:31 PM
I personally think the new eclipse should have been based on a EVO platform instead of the galant. they should have brought back the turbo eclipse
or atleast an AWD option especially w/ the new V6.
But, that would mean more weight for the car and it is already pretty damn
heavy in the first place.

The eclipse has been based on the Galant since its debut in 1989.

They suck now and so do new Galants.

I think the eclipse would be great with a turbo 4 and awd without the clear taillights. I can see the progression with that and the new evo.

We'll just have to get used to it.

IronEagle
08-20-2006, 03:30 AM
Looks sharp.

Georgia_boy
08-22-2006, 02:08 AM
The eclipse has been based on the Galant since its debut in 1989.

They suck now and so do new Galants.

I think the eclipse would be great with a turbo 4 and awd without the clear taillights. I can see the progression with that and the new evo.

We'll just have to get used to it.

yep, sure do.
It would be a cold day in hell before a
"big" name like mitsubishi listens to it's buyers.

Georgia_boy
08-27-2006, 01:34 AM
I just read that the new lancer might be AWD, hmmmm.
Its supposed to be packing 220hp,
not bad in my book.

ClipseGST
08-27-2006, 10:40 PM
Are you referring to the regular Lancer? Link me if you have the article.

Georgia_boy
08-29-2006, 01:00 AM
I believe it was the OZ ralliart.
I read it in the new sport compact car magazine

it said they were building it to
beat the non-turbo WRX.

IronEagle
08-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Great news. Like GABoy was talking about I just read in MT that the 08 Lancer Ralliart will be turbocharged/intercooled and AWD and be priced inbetween the Lancer and Evolution X to compete with the standard WRX head on. :goodjob:

It will be wonderful to again be able to get into a turbo/awd for hopefully under $25k. They can keep the power level low as they did in the stock turbo DSM (205bhp) as I can do my own power mods like a new turbo the day I pick one up. I like having the option to not have to pay extra for carbon fiber wings, big rims and electronic diffs etc. I'll be happy with just the basics FTW. You can get this now in the Evolution RS but it is still $4k more than a comparable WRX IIRC.

Georgia_boy
08-29-2006, 02:30 AM
Back to the basics! :goodjob:

ClipseGST
08-31-2006, 08:32 AM
The new Evo X won't have the 4G63 right? Someone told me they are retiring the 4G line for something that's called a "World Engine" or something...

2micro4u
09-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Hmm Im curious to see how it will be and perform. I just don't care for the part about Dodge and Damlier Crysler being involved in it. I hope it still overall will stay true to its Japanese roots. epecially on the new Evo.
I have a feeling the EvoX and the new upcomming Dodge Calibre SRT will both share the same engine.................please God noo.

Either way im keeping my Evo8 with its true 4g63