PDA

View Full Version : anyone work at honda??

2.0civic
08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
i was wondering if anyone on the oards worked at honda and could pull a maintenance record for me...ive been having tranny issues lately and they told me it was flushed at 80k and i got the car at 81 and been having issues since 81,100. LMK if you can and if you can get it, id be happy to throw some cash your way

Hondatwin23
08-07-2006, 10:30 AM
best thing to do is flush it again and know for sure

2.0civic
08-07-2006, 08:55 PM
best thing to do is flush it again and know for sure

i understand this but when one guy tells you he pulls your maitenance records and it shows tranny flush right before buying it, and 3 other mechanics have said it looks like its got over 50k miles on it, im trying to figure out who is full of shit.

SLow_POke
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
i understand this but when one guy tells you he pulls your maitenance records and it shows tranny flush right before buying it, and 3 other mechanics have said it looks like its got over 50k miles on it, im trying to figure out who is full of shit.

get a copy of the maintenace records. They might tell you they can't but they CAN, And should

and yoru should be able to tell by looking at he tranny fluid color ,texture, and smell.

-Ernie

2.0civic
08-07-2006, 09:46 PM
get a copy of the maintenace records. They might tell you they can't but they CAN, And should

and yoru should be able to tell by looking at he tranny fluid color ,texture, and smell.

-Ernie

yeah, its DEFINATELY not only 6k miles old....its not chunky or anything but its not like the normal ATF pinkish color either. IF it IS only 6k miles old, something else is up with it and the three people ive taken it to all have said it is burning ATF fluid. My main concern is WHY is it burning it at 6k miles after a flush. Honda guy dicked me around and siad it needed 7 hours to diagnose it and i had to pay that out of pocket then a 150 deductible to repair it. i dont mind the duductible but he said 600 something for diagnose and i was like WTF are you shitting me?

mp5o
08-07-2006, 09:55 PM
i was wondering if anyone on the oards worked at honda and could pull a maintenance record for me...ive been having tranny issues lately and they told me it was flushed at 80k and i got the car at 81 and been having issues since 81,100. LMK if you can and if you can get it, id be happy to throw some cash your way

Just go to the dealer and ask for a to see a record of your previous maintence.. They should have no problem with that :thinking: ...Look at the fluid and see if its a bright pinkish red... If its darkened by a considerable amount or losing its color, its time for new fluid. As for the guy who said he had it done... Ask for a reciept.

2.0civic
08-07-2006, 10:04 PM
Just go to the dealer and ask for a to see a record of your previous maintence.. They should have no problem with that :thinking: ...Look at the fluid and see if its a bright pinkish red... If its darkened by a considerable amount or losing its color, its time for new fluid. As for the guy who said he had it done... Ask for a reciept.

we bought it from honda MOG and the service tech there when i called him said he was looking at my records and it showed it, then when i get up there in person, my concern/question about the services wasnt documented and everyone up there acted like a dumbass when i asked if i could get my previous records. when i was telling them bout how it acts weird when you take off and it shifts hard, the only thing they kept repeating is "oh we checked it out before you got it" Only thing they wanted to talk about was me shelling out money to them and my car being down for two weeks

mp5o
08-07-2006, 11:05 PM
we bought it from honda MOG and the service tech there when i called him said he was looking at my records and it showed it, then when i get up there in person, my concern/question about the services wasnt documented and everyone up there acted like a dumbass when i asked if i could get my previous records. when i was telling them bout how it acts weird when you take off and it shifts hard, the only thing they kept repeating is "oh we checked it out before you got it" Only thing they wanted to talk about was me shelling out money to them and my car being down for two weeks

Thats because they/we work off commission(Im not at the MOG location). Keep trying or just ask to speak to the manager(The big boss, not just the supervisor). He/she should take care of your needs.

2.0civic
08-08-2006, 11:30 PM
talked to another location today and they said not only do i NOT have to pay for the diagnosis but i get a rental as well

mp5o
08-09-2006, 03:32 AM
talked to another location today and they said not only do i NOT have to pay for the diagnosis but i get a rental as well

Which location?

2.0civic
08-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Which location?

talked to honda at gwinnett place. LIRL i feel like a dumbass though....

yesterday on the way home, my CEL flashed then stayed on so im like shit! so i went and got my buddys scanner....well misfire cylinder 1....LIRL, i pull the plug and clean it...Voila!! no CEL or hesitation in first or 2nd but its still a little sluggish so im getting a tune up friday

i still am having issues getting honda to admit they did anything wrong cauyse my girl bought the car by herself and when she went, i told her to ask SPECIFICS about maintenance done (timing belt, water pump, tranny flush) and they told her ALL were done. Thats more of the issue now cause its really making me wonder if they did the rest and i dont want to void my warranty by doing anything to it myself

2.0civic
08-09-2006, 09:34 AM
so pretty much, its been misfiring since we got it then...oh well

twkg
08-09-2006, 04:49 PM
HMOG sucks....very very badly