PDA

View Full Version : Misc ON

quickdodge®
08-06-2006, 04:49 PM
So in light of a popular member's joining of a gym, I was thinking of doing this myself. The one this member joined seemed to have excellent prices and I'd like to get in on a good deal, too. Anyone have any info for me? Thanks. Later, QD.

JustinSane110™
08-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Anyone have any info for me? Thanks. Later, QD.
Yes... :goodjob:

{X}Echo419
08-07-2006, 09:00 AM
LaFitness usually has good prices. you gotta wait until the end of the month(last week) that's when they throw the deals around.

and when they sit you down they'll spend a few minutes spinnin' some BS thendrop the monthly $10 and that's what you get.
p.s. their memberships are month to month(you pay 1st and last when you join) or paid in full. so you could leave when ever you want to.

2.0civic
08-07-2006, 09:02 AM
nice stretch, but LIRL, to answer your question, i think it really depends on your goals. Heard golds is more weight orientated and LA is more cardio

B16a2 Civic
08-07-2006, 09:03 AM
CONSIDERED WEIGHT WATCHERS?

2.0civic
08-07-2006, 09:06 AM
CONSIDERED WEIGHT WATCHERS?

LIRL, i always thought that shit was steep

"after 6.5 years, ive lost 3 pounds all due to weight watchers!"

NEONRACER
08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Don't go to LA or Gold's or any other franchise gym. Look for a small gym and look at the equipment. LA Fitness is missing some of the most basic equipment. The huge franchise gyms are full a people who waste time, sit around and chat, and basically make it harder for you to do what you want. Most towns have a small gym. This is what you want. Go in and get things done and get out. No distractions, no high school kids, no bullshit.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-07-2006, 03:47 PM
FITNESS 19 FTW !

JustinSane110™
08-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Don't go to LA or Gold's or any other franchise gym. Look for a small gym and look at the equipment. LA Fitness is missing some of the most basic equipment. The huge franchise gyms are full a people who waste time, sit around and chat, and basically make it harder for you to do what you want. Most towns have a small gym. This is what you want. Go in and get things done and get out. No distractions, no high school kids, no bullshit.
:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

Couldn't agree more.

blacknightteg
08-07-2006, 06:05 PM
just go to your retirement home old man....but na, try golds gym too

blurred visions
08-08-2006, 01:36 AM

I got big going to LA Fitness and trust me, if I could, anyone could. Just get an ipod and know that your not going to be the only one in there. Going to a crowded gym has advantages such as seeing friends that go as well or just by looking at others and getting an idea of how to work out that certain part of the body. Also another major plus is the amedities included with a gym such as LA. You've got racquetball, basketball, different classes, sauna, hot tub, pool, etc.

I use to belong to a small town gym and it sucked. The equipment was limited and sometimes it felt as if you were the only one there.

Go to LA Fitness and dont pay anymore than 60 to start and 35 a month.

Over, BV

{X}Echo419
08-08-2006, 07:39 AM
I got big going to LA Fitness and trust me, if I could, anyone could. Just get an ipod and know that your not going to be the only one in there. Going to a crowded gym has advantages such as seeing friends that go as well or just by looking at others and getting an idea of how to work out that certain part of the body. Also another major plus is the amedities included with a gym such as LA. You've got racquetball, basketball, different classes, sauna, hot tub, pool, etc.

I use to belong to a small town gym and it sucked. The equipment was limited and sometimes it felt as if you were the only one there.

Go to LA Fitness and dont pay anymore than 60 to start and 35 a month.

Over, BV

that and their allover the damned place so you can go where ever is convient.

NEONRACER
08-08-2006, 09:05 AM
That is why I said look at the equipment. My last three gyms have been small and all of them had equipment that LA does not, and this is basic equipment. LA doesn't even has 35lb plates for starters. I just hate the overcrowded gyms.

{X}Echo419
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
That is why I said look at the equipment. My last three gyms have been small and all of them had equipment that LA does not, and this is basic equipment. LA doesn't even has 35lb plates for starters. I just hate the overcrowded gyms.

:rant: I hate crowed gyms to. sometimes it seems like everytime I walk away to get water or make my way to something some other douchbag jumps on whatever the hell I'm on! :2up:
mindless pricks look around!

blurred visions
08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
:rant: I hate crowed gyms to. sometimes it seems like everytime I walk away to get water or make my way to something some other douchbag jumps on whatever the hell I'm on! :2up:
mindless pricks look around!

I hate when people try to jump on shit, but if that happens I usually tell the person I still have some sets left.