PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Descent A+

IntegraXTR
08-06-2006, 02:18 PM
Ok, the first 45min or so of the movie is wack ass and probably might even fall asleep, but when they get into the cave shit starts to pick up, this movie is extremely grussom (not sure if thats spelled right), probably one of the few horror movies that actually made it this year, plus its rated R so none of that bullshit you see in pg-13 movies. Fucked up part was we ate right before we watched the movie and damn that shit made my stomach turn. Overall its worth the watch.

B18c-rex
08-06-2006, 04:34 PM
Man i was just about to make a post about this movie. If your into getting the shit scared out of you this is a must see. People next to me got up and left in one scene cause it was to gruesome for em. Best horror movie this year i think.

IntegraXTR
08-06-2006, 04:40 PM
^^^ :werd: man that shit is straight sick, SAW aint got shit on this movie, well maybe saw 3 will but other than that you're right, there were people actually leaving because of the scenes, lol....I was one of them, went outside and smoked a cig, took a breathe, and went back in.

IntegraXTR
08-06-2006, 04:41 PM
remember when the grl broke her bones? that was insane man

B18c-rex
08-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeah there were some girls next to me gaging ie about to :upchuck:. I was just trying to figure out how many more of the girls were going to die.

IntegraXTR
08-06-2006, 04:55 PM
hell yeh, but they are some stupid bitchz to even go down there, especially the asian chick, she should have died first.

B18c-rex
08-06-2006, 05:05 PM
All i got to say is the director really played up the clostraphobic ( afraid of tight spaces) the deep darkness of the cave and your mind messing with you. The ending will get alot of people but i'll never tell.

The BUCKY
08-06-2006, 08:32 PM
i am scared to go see that shit because i actually go caving and it already gets in your head. when your like 200 ft underground and crawling between 2 rocks for like 100ft and you barely even fit. that is already some fucked up shit.

B18c-rex
08-06-2006, 08:37 PM
^^^ You def need to see it then .... make you wonder whats watching you or waiting for you around that big rock :yes:

ShooterMcGavin
08-06-2006, 10:37 PM
only saw the preview a couple times but i'm much more interested now...at first i thought it looked a lot like the cave, anyone that's seen it care to comment on any similarities?

B18c-rex
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Trust me descent > the cave. They are somewhat alike ie group of people enter a cave they get lost but thats were it ends. Its closer to the original alien movie if anything. The suspense the lighting the sounds and you really get set up for the scares.

Ran
08-08-2006, 10:48 AM
Definitely a good scare movie. The gore wasn't so bad for me, just the suspense and the darkness. In a huge@ss hole 200ft below ground level? That already has bad written all over it.

Also, the beginning was really f*cked up.

IntegraXTR
08-08-2006, 01:17 PM
the beginning was slow as hell with the exception of the dude meeting a pole, but after that throughout the movie it was good, the suspense was killer and the pop up scenes were scary, the death scenes was gruesome. You guys should check it out, its worth the watch, and "The Cave" aint got shit on this movie.

ShooterMcGavin
08-08-2006, 01:36 PM
i'll try to check it out this weekend.

Maverick
08-08-2006, 01:49 PM
sooooooo was she just seein stuff at the end? what a weak endin

Ran
08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
the beginning was slow as hell with the exception of the dude meeting a poleUm...it wasn't just the dude who met the pole. It was the girl. That's what was f*cked up about it.

sooooooo was she just seein stuff at the end? what a weak endinYea, the ending wasn't that great. If you noticed, she was haunted by her daughter for the longest time. Now she has something else to haunt her. :ninja:

IntegraXTR
08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
umm, this probably sounds stupid but I'm still confused on what those things/guys were, indians? I know they're cannabals but guessing from the map on the wall with 2 exits that they might have been indian, sorry, walked out to smoke a cig for a while cuz my stomach was killing me.

B18c-rex
08-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Well the way i see it they were once human but evolution and enviorment have alot to do with it. Being down there so long forced them to adapt.

IntegraXTR
08-08-2006, 06:00 PM
so were they the original people who supposedly went down there to explore first and never made it back out? because when they were tryin to clamp on the hooks there was already one on there meaning someone had been there before. I knew I should have stayed in there.

Maverick
08-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Um...it wasn't just the dude who met the pole. It was the girl. That's what was f*cked up about it.

Yea, the ending wasn't that great. If you noticed, she was haunted by her daughter for the longest time. Now she has something else to haunt her. :ninja:

oh shiet it was the little girl!.............and thanks for the explanation........i still thought it was lame...........the asian chick didnt mean to do what she did,i would have done the same thing if somone snuck up on me at a time like that.....they all shoulda got pwnt

xXnimbusXx
08-10-2006, 08:54 PM
the asian chick kicked ass. I was kinda hoping there be a fight between the white chick and the asian chick. But that white bitch went mike tyson all of the sudden. I didnt think she was that tough. Guess being in the moment bring the best out in you huh?...

B18c-rex
08-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I dont think you get it the asian went all psycho with the climbing pick and killed one of her good friends .... the other girl lost a child ... plus moms with pent up rage are nothing to mess with. Asian chick got what was coming. She was responsible for that whole out come because of her damn pride.

xXnimbusXx
08-11-2006, 12:56 PM
I dont think you get it the asian went all psycho with the climbing pick and killed one of her good friends .... the other girl lost a child ... plus moms with pent up rage are nothing to mess with. Asian chick got what was coming. She was responsible for that whole out come because of her damn pride.

yep, true about the pent up rage. Also pride will get you in the end.

Maverick
08-13-2006, 07:41 AM

anyone would have done the same thing with the pick axe.........dumb bitch shouldnt have walked up on the asian. Its not her fault.......her lightning quick asian reflexes kicked in.

Hulud
08-14-2006, 11:44 PM
sooooooo was she just seein stuff at the end? what a weak endin
weak ending for a weak horror film i give it a C (and im feeling generous)

it takes more that gore and a couple jumpy spots to make a horror movie good. :2cents:

ShooterMcGavin
08-15-2006, 12:19 AM
don't mind hulud, he's been gagging on ebert's cock lately and just has a bad taste in his mouth :lmao:

not a bad movie, shitty ending but the shock factor and action throughout made up for it. i give it 1 thumb up (and yeah, the other's in your mom's ass hulud :chuckles: )

Hulud
08-15-2006, 12:36 AM
don't mind hulud, he's been gagging on ebert's cock lately and just has a bad taste in his mouth :lmao:

not a bad movie, shitty ending but the shock factor and action throughout made up for it. i give it 1 thumb up (and yeah, the other's in your mom's ass hulud :chuckles: )
dude that shits gettin lame, just cause i have a different oppinion than you you say dont mind me?
why cause i have valid points for why the movie was a C at best?

horror takes more than gore and action :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
08-15-2006, 12:38 AM
well excuse me mr. wes craven, when's your next movie coming out? :lmao: i mean come on, we all know my opinion is worth at least three times yours, seniority yo (i'm 65 remember? lol)

Hulud
08-15-2006, 12:41 AM
well excuse me mr. wes craven, when's your next movie coming out? :lmao: i mean come on, we all know my opinion is worth at least three times yours, seniority yo (i'm 65 remember? lol)
wes craven? lol

damn you an ancient relic arent you? LOL

bicsintegra
08-15-2006, 06:55 PM
i might have to check this out i love horror movies but the wife can't stand movie.

pugginfish
08-16-2006, 11:17 PM
Ehh im with this guy they all should have been PWNED

thinkfast®
08-17-2006, 01:11 PM
this just in Hulud is a fag

yo I seen this movie the other nite shit was amazing, holy shit them freaks was off the chain, homegirl gouged the eyes out fuckin SWEEET

riddle me this, how did ol girl just happen to find the exit, and the oriental chick was there too, wouldnt she just run for the light, I mean cmon that was garbage

ShooterMcGavin
08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
ending was definitely not up to par, but the rest of it was pretty damn good :goodjob:

GTScoob
08-17-2006, 02:20 PM
I want to see this sometime. I was reading an article that said the original ending had all of the girls be killed but they changed it for the US market, they're planning on releasing a couple of alternative endings like in 28 Days Later.

ShooterMcGavin
08-17-2006, 02:24 PM
^^^now that would be sweet :D