The Yousef
08-05-2006, 07:14 AM
I don't get it. Later, QD.

....you wouldn't

:lmao:

quickdodgeŽ
08-05-2006, 07:14 AM
But here goes:

According to the Almanac, both crackers and their predecessors were born in New England. In 1792, John Pearson of Newburyport, Massachusetts, made a cracker-like bread product from just flour and water that he called "pilot bread." An immediate hit with sailors because if its shelf life, it also became known as hardtack or sea biscuit.

But the real evolutionary moment in the life of the cracker came in 1801 when another Massachusetts baker, Josiah Bent, burnt a batch of biscuits in his brick oven. The crackling noise that emanated from the singed biscuits inspired the name--crackers--and a bit of Yankee ingenuity, as Bent set out to convince the world of the product's snack food potential. By 1810, his Boston-area business was booming! And, in later years, Bent sold his enterprise to the company we now know as Nabisco.

Crackers are everywhere these days, of course, but the Almanac's cracker article author, Victoria Doudera, asserts that some New Englanders still enjoy making crackers the old-fashioned way. The Almanac features tips and recipes from New Hampshire author Joan Harlow, whose book, The Harlow's Bread & Cracker Cookbook, has everything you need if you'd like to hear that crackling sound emanating from your own oven. A sample recipe for Ugly Crackers is available online at Almanac.com.

Today, the G.H. Bent Co., founded in 1891 by Josiah Bent's grandson, still sells historic cracker products including hardtack, water crackers, and common crackers. They even sell them through a very modern method--secure online ordering!

So bake up a batch of your own crispy crackers or order some of these old-fashioned New England treats--it's the only proper way to celebrate the 200th birthday of one of the region's most enduring culinary inventions.

Later, QD.

The Yousef
08-05-2006, 07:17 AM
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

:lmfao:

thanks for the biography on the cracker!!!

Boosted S60R
08-05-2006, 07:20 AM
fuk u!

Brett
08-05-2006, 08:51 AM
Yousef that damn shit cracks me up everytime you post it...lol

The Yousef
08-05-2006, 08:54 AM
Yousef that damn shit cracks me up everytime you post it...lol
embrace who you are my friend.....embrace the cracker!

NOTSOJDM
08-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Yousef's just angry b/c dp didnt give him any play last night

The Yousef
08-05-2006, 09:12 AM
Yousef's just angry b/c dp didnt give him any play last night

he is saving himself for marriage....that fag!

The Golden Child
08-05-2006, 09:16 AM
cheese and crackers ..