PDA

View Full Version : Misc pensacola beach

ShooterMcGavin
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
anyone been down to pensacola? going down there in a couple wks wondering if anyone had any tips on where to go, what to see and things to do.

05Tib
08-04-2006, 12:08 PM
there aint much, worked down there for a few months. u got the beach and a little boardwalk and some restraunts. Ok scene if alot of ppl r there, otherwise lame really. Better to get on the highway that runs beside the beach (dont remember the name) and head down some towards destin and there r alot more things to.

ShooterMcGavin
08-04-2006, 01:33 PM
not really lookin to party hardy, just need a place w/a nice beach to relax, maybe rent some jetskis or whatever. was prolly goin to roll over to biloxi for some gambling too. what's to do in destin though?

Bballjamal
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
^^ true! We have a beach house right by N.A.S and there's not much of ANYTHING to do except for hitting a bar and walking the boardwalk. And yea, there's a hwy that takes you towards Ft Walton Beach (I think) and Peanama City! ALOT of fast cars travel up and down that strip on fri-sun nights!

Entertainment wise, I'd cruise to Biloxi like you mentioned, J-ville or PC!

Bballjamal
08-04-2006, 03:08 PM
Ok, you can go down Cervantes St and eventually be on the Scenic Hwy and that's right near the water! Or you can cruise Gulf Breeze Pkwy which is really nice! There's a nice resturant right near the bridge coming out of downtown P-cola where you can eat and chill right there off the water. The bridge is called Pensacola Bay Bridge so when you get down there you can ask for general directions there. If you can somehow get onto N.A.S you can go to the Aviation Muesem for free.

ShooterMcGavin
08-04-2006, 03:16 PM
thnx for the tips

SPOOLIN
08-05-2006, 12:07 PM
been going there all my life because of family. Scenic highway is a nice drive. Theres lots of nice drives. If they fixed the road, its a long road that goes to the old fort on the same island as the beach. ITS REALLY STRAIT WITH NOTHING ON IT, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING.

blacknightteg
08-05-2006, 12:13 PM
im from there...its a great town/ beach to relax at. its more of i guess you could call it a retirement area, but none the less beautiful beaches with most of the time pretty calm waters

ShooterMcGavin
08-05-2006, 12:28 PM
the more u guys post the more i think i'm just goin there for a couple days and spending the rest of the time over in biloxi or something. thnx for the input!

blacknightteg
08-05-2006, 12:31 PM
oh if you go, and you like seafood, there ther eis a place called the marina oyster bar, some of the best seafood, on bayou texar off the road that basically leads you to the beach

redlinenprelude
09-06-2006, 11:10 AM
there is a hooters on the boardwalk!!

Killer
09-08-2006, 10:10 AM
yeah man! pensacola is beautiful... no better place to go to just chill on the beach and relax!