PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Chevy Silverado F/S or F/T (Testing Waters)

topsecret2JZ
08-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I got this car because i was owed money on a debt just trying to see what i can get for it i would like to get something with better gas milage cause this is my DD. I would like a swapped honda or a swapped 240 but throw out anything you never know.

Specs:

mileage-197,xxx
engine-350, 5.7 liter v8
transmission-5 speed manual
trim-Silverado
Options-cruise control, digital climate control, 4wd, a/c(but doesn't work, compressor is locked up)

The good:
-Runs great, I mean great, has high miles (197,xxx) but doesn't smoke and runs perfect.
-Big truck, has a 6 inch Rancho suspension lift(1800 dollars), with a 3 inch body lift, so total of 9 inches lift.
-Sits on 38 x 15.50 R 15 Super Swampers. They have about 3/8 of an inch of tread left.
-Has 3.73 gears. Awesome for a street/off road toy. Can still burn the tires off but still gives some decent gas mileage (about 15/16 miles to the gallon which is good for a truck this size).
-Its a stepside, maybe not special to you but I have a sweet spot for stepsides.

The bad:
-Needs a steering column, it broke and I welded it for now but the ignition is messed up so you don't use a key to start it, I will explain this only in person cause of how it works
-4wd is fine but there is no front drive shaft in it. It wasn't there when I got it, but the transfer case seems to work fine and smoothly and the front end doesn't make any noises.
-Needs cosmetics, needs a paint job and rear bumper. Not really a big deal since it is just a mud toy. I was going to get the new rear bumber and take it to maaco for the cheapo paint job. Your choice.
-This really isn't bad but will matter if you live in an emissions county. It has no cats. Straight exhaust back to 2 flowmasters cut off at the rear axle.
-The cd player is finicky. It works but is on its way out, but in the mean time, it is at least good for something.

That is about all I can think of. It is perfectly driveable and very reliable. I just put a new starter in it today and a new rear end it it last week. It is a good daily if you don't drive far but i only say that because of the gas mileage and that it isn't a lot of fun to drive on the interstate(but still doable, i do it a couple times a week).

Pm me if you are interesed in any trades, if anyone is interested in buying it i must get $4000 for it no less cause that is how much was owed on the debt and i know this truck is well worth that.

aaronfelipe
08-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Nice fucking truck.

topsecret2JZ
08-04-2006, 10:00 AM
thanks i want to keep it so bad but the gas is really killing me lol, it is a beast though

topsecret2JZ
08-04-2006, 03:11 PM
bump

aaronfelipe
08-04-2006, 03:24 PM
Whats the MPG?

topsecret2JZ
08-04-2006, 03:32 PM
not really sure look it up on the internet

aaronfelipe
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
lol I'm sure it wont be the same as yours.

topsecret2JZ
08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
lol oh yeah the tires, i would say about 15 to the gallon maybe a little more 19 somewhere around there

aaronfelipe
08-04-2006, 03:37 PM
I would guess 9.

topsecret2JZ
08-04-2006, 03:40 PM
no it is really abotu 15 to 20 maybe if you floor it all the time and shift at like 5 then 9, but if you drive it like your suppose to then its decent

LQQKITZME
08-04-2006, 05:00 PM
pmed