PDA

View Full Version : Race Gas in Metro Area

VIPERGUY
08-03-2006, 11:34 PM
So where do you guys get specialty fuels in Metro Area? I'm not interested in driving to commerce or some gas station way up in the hills. I mean inside or near the perimeter- I know batlground, mahdavi, dynolab, all sell at least one flavor of leaded gas, some unleaded by the can. Anything else out there?

Stormhammer
08-03-2006, 11:36 PM
So where do you guys get specialty fuels in Metro Area? I'm not interested in driving to commerce or some gas station way up in the hills. I mean inside or near the perimeter- I know batlground, mahdavi, dynolab, all sell at least one flavor of leaded gas, some unleaded by the can. Anything else out there?

curious, what flavor is it? Mmm, orange flavored race gas would be sweet

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-03-2006, 11:36 PM
i go to the Race Track gas station...go figure !

VIPERGUY
08-03-2006, 11:41 PM
i go to the Race Track gas station...go figure !

as in near the track? be more specific

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
baaaaahahahaha....it was a joke...i was sayin i just go to the gas station called " RACE TRAC " and get....um yeah i think you get it by now..

Leadfoot_mf
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
i only know of kennesaw and woodstock? will this help? also u can get 100 av fuel at pdk possibly? but kind of need to make friends i use to buy av fuel at mcullum (sp?) field in kennesaw.

rdavidharris
08-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Have you guys tried the street legal VP Fuel called Streetblaze? Basically the same as VP Motorsport (MS) fuel.

Up to 103 octane and safe for O2 sensors and catalytic converters.

Pretty sweet stuff. I know some people who have used it and liked it. 3 different ones for different octane needs.

VIPERGUY
08-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Have you guys tried the street legal VP Fuel called Streetblaze? Basically the same as VP Motorsport (MS) fuel.

Up to 103 octane and safe for O2 sensors and catalytic converters.

Pretty sweet stuff. I know some people who have used it and liked it. 3 different ones for different octane needs.

Where can we get that? :goodjob:

collins
08-04-2006, 10:30 AM
and the whole point of the thread comes back TOOOOOOOOO..........................

drum roll please................

WHERE DO WE BUY THE SHIT!?!

VIPERGUY
08-04-2006, 11:29 AM
i only know of kennesaw and woodstock? will this help? also u can get 100 av fuel at pdk possibly? but kind of need to make friends i use to buy av fuel at mcullum (sp?) field in kennesaw.

where at in kennesaw or woodstock, not interested in AV gas

skinnyga
08-04-2006, 01:46 PM
There used to be a Shell station in Doraville that sold 103 octane. Was on buford hwy. That's all I remember

jtownaccord
08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
Phillips 66 off of 41 sales 110. This is a couple minutes past barrett prky.

fawk_you
08-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Z1 Motorsports has race fuel, pretty sure batlground, knowledge, any of the main performance shops should have em, esp. if they have a dyno. Good luck.

rdavidharris
08-04-2006, 07:48 PM
Well, I happen to be an independant VP Racing Fuel dealer. I deliver anywhere in metro Atlanta for a small fee.

Any VP fuel for any type of motor, I can get it. Any quantity. 5 gal, 15 gal, 30 gal, 54 gal.

Any VP fuel jug, motor oil, gear oil, tranny oil, you name it.

It DOES make a difference. If you run the correct fuel for your motor.

rdavidharris
08-04-2006, 07:51 PM
BTW: I do NOT recommend you run Aviation fuel in anything but an airplane. That fuel is designed for even-revving motors (like airplanes). Not made for high-revving, various RPM, hard use motors.

I have heard some pretty rough horror stories from people running AV fuel. Sure, it might work, but it is SO not designed for anything but airplanes.

VIPERGUY
08-05-2006, 05:15 PM
what about the argument that leaving "vp fuels" in your tank will eat your fuel pump.... :screwy: GSB was claiming that

BTLFED
08-05-2006, 05:33 PM
There is a VP race fuel dealer off of 92 in Woodstock at Dixie Speedway. If you are going up 575 you get off on the Hwy92 exit and make a left. You will go for I think 3 or 4 miles, if that, and there is a huge sign for Dixie Speedway on the right. If you see Bells Ferry Rd., which is a huge intersection, you have gone too far. Turn right at the sign and it is actually a short road that leads to the Speedway, and the VP place is on the left before you actually get to the Speedway. They sell everything from 100 octane to C16.

BTLFED
08-05-2006, 05:34 PM
what about the argument that leaving "vp fuels" in your tank will eat your fuel pump.... :screwy: GSB was claiming that

I have heard that too, but only if it is leaded like C16, and only if it is left in there for an extended period of time like if the car is parked for a month or more. I dunno how true it is.

VIPERGUY
08-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I have heard that too, but only if it is leaded like C16, and only if it is left in there for an extended period of time like if the car is parked for a month or more. I dunno how true it is.

i'll be parking my bike with C12 in it, we'll see :) fuel pump assembly on the used market is like $50, so I'm not too worried

Slow Motion
08-05-2006, 08:14 PM
Just posting a lil somethin in here.
That is all.

Es el O double U . Em O tea eye O in...(-_- )

The Golden Child
08-05-2006, 08:40 PM
i take the marta so no gas buying for me ..

Leadfoot_mf
08-07-2006, 08:42 AM
BTW: I do NOT recommend you run Aviation fuel in anything but an airplane. That fuel is designed for even-revving motors (like airplanes). Not made for high-revving, various RPM, hard use motors.

I have heard some pretty rough horror stories from people running AV fuel. Sure, it might work, but it is SO not designed for anything but airplanes.
what how so i ran it in my 2 stroke 125cc go kart for three years r u talking about jet fuel big differance.....

4dmin
08-07-2006, 09:09 AM
Lawrenceville Auto Parts store sells race gas from 100-116, unleaded up to 104.

also

Kangeroo (i think it is) right off the hwy going to Road Atlanta

also

There was a Texico out off of holcomb bridge i think that sold race gas at the pump

1SICKLEX
08-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Ima need some directions.....