PDA

View Full Version : Misc Cat help

Brut
05-17-2005, 07:54 PM
My gfs cat keeps eating flowers. When she is gone I sit there and watch him eat the flowers away. Not really sure if its exposed to do that are not.. Anyone know if it will get sick from eating them???

Brett
05-17-2005, 08:49 PM
By nature cats eat grass and plants like that, My cat eats roses and flowers if we leave them out. There is nothing to do that will stop it, Thats what cats do , its in thier nature

CiViCCuTie
05-17-2005, 09:33 PM
They do it for digestive reasons....thats why cats love catnip its good for their digestive system...petsmart and petco sell "cat grass" and that could be an alternative to eating the flowers...

civic95
05-18-2005, 12:23 PM
Eating plants is an exceedingly dangerous habit as many household plants are poisonous. If your cat is developing a habit of eating plants, you must separate the two until the problem is solved. Either remove the plants or confine your cat to an area with no plants. Do not delay. One good meal of the common houseplant Dieffenbachia is usually the last meal your cat will eat. Consult with your local nursery and do not keep poisonous plants in your house.

http://www.perfectpaws.com/plant.html
Just make sure you don't have any poisonous plants around.

luvleexcivic
05-18-2005, 12:44 PM
if you tell your cats and dogs what to do and they dont listen to you then that means that your a bad owner ... you should knoe how to teach your animals to know whats good and whats not ...

Crowml
05-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Get some natural bitter apple spray at petsmart and spray it on his favorite flowers. That should get him or her to stop. Its non-toxic for felids or flora.

Brut
05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Thx for the help everyone I went to pet co and bought some grass that grows for your pet to eat.

Tracy
05-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Cat's eat grass (and I can only assume flowers) for their digestive system. It's fiber to them.