PDA

View Full Version : Interchangablity between B16a2 and B18c1

1/4Mile
08-03-2006, 07:59 PM
I have a B16a2 with 2 bad pistons and I have a freshly built B18c1. I have a question I want to use my B16's Greddy extreme timing belt on the GSR. What all will I have to swap over to make it work(i.e b16 or b8 water pump and will my B16 oil pump be sufficent or do I need to have the GSR or Type R oil pump).

§treet_§peed
08-03-2006, 08:45 PM
if it's just freshly built the GSR..then shouldn't it already have a new timing belt??

SLow_POke
08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
i dont think it will work . the gsr block been taller then the b16 even if u switch the water pumps/oil pump(96 up are the all same b series), your gonna have exsesive slack left over . just sell it and get a gsr one .

-Ernie

1/4Mile
08-04-2006, 09:20 AM
if it's just freshly built the GSR..then shouldn't it already have a new timing belt?? Yeah and then I wouldn't be asking this question if it did. Thanks for answering the question though:goodjob:

IntegraXTR
08-04-2006, 11:07 AM
it will work if you change the oil pump and water pump, but I suggest just getting a new timing belt for the gsr.

1/4Mile
08-04-2006, 12:30 PM
it will work if you change the oil pump and water pump, but I suggest just getting a new timing belt for the gsr. Thanks , but whywould you saythat if the B16 Greddy extreme timing is new and the water pump is new. The oil pump for all b-series on 92-up is the same 15100-p72-A01
B16a2,3, B18c1, and B18c5

IntegraXTR
08-04-2006, 02:42 PM
well if you don't believe me then why don't you try it? if the motor is already out of the car then just change out those things, but if you're having second thoughts then just go buy a b18c timing belt and sell yours to get your money back. As far as oil pumps go, they are all direct bolt ons but doesn't mean that they're the same, get it? if that was true then no one would go out and buy a type-r oil pump would they? I'm saying that because your greddy timing belt is not going to make that big of a difference, so why not just go buy a gsr timing belt for $65 or so, slap it on there and call it a day instead of changing out shit to get the greddy to work.

IntegraXTR
08-04-2006, 02:46 PM
better yet, here's a better idea, pm "vteckidd"

Vteckidd
08-04-2006, 06:10 PM
NO IT WILL NOT WORK

the GSR block is 7mm taller than the B16 block, the belt is simply too short no matter what you do.

but an OEM GSR timing belt or a Greddy GSR belt , you cannot use the b16.

also, for the 1.8l motors, use the timing belt that MATCHES your water pump. the LS water pump has a different pulley.

so use:
GSR WP with GSR TIMING BELT
LS WP with LS TIMING BELT
B16 WP with B16 TIMING BELT

SLow_POke
08-04-2006, 06:36 PM
NO IT WILL NOT WORK

the GSR block is 7mm taller than the B16 block, the belt is simply too short no matter what you do.

also, for the 1.8l motors, use the timing belt that MATCHES your water pump. the LS water pump has a different pulley.

so use:

i worded it wrong but told ya!!lol gsr block taller then ur b16

-Ernie

IntegraXTR
08-04-2006, 06:46 PM
NO IT WILL NOT WORK

so use:

exactly what I was tryin to tell him, thanks mike

1/4Mile
08-06-2006, 08:38 AM
NO IT WILL NOT WORK

so use:

Yes! That's the clean cut and precise answer I needed, Not all the sarcasticlly charged remarks. Thanks Mike