PDA

View Full Version : Misc How long to heal a deep cut?

Ran
08-03-2006, 01:32 PM
So while installing the TRD Springs on my Yaris last Saturday, I managed to cut my finger to the bone. (Bones are shiney :D ) Anywho, I stuck a butterfly stitch on it then wrapped it with a bandaid. Anyone know how long this should take to heal? It's still throbbing and is getting rather annoying. Thanks.

BTEC
08-03-2006, 01:42 PM
PUT SUPER GLUE ON IT. AND NEOSPORIN AFTER A FEW DAYS

Ran
08-03-2006, 01:45 PM
PUT SUPER GLUE ON IT. AND NEOSPORIN AFTER A FEW DAYSI....skipped on the super glue. There's some neosporin under the butterfly stitch tho. :D

I just want to know how long I need to keep this bandage on. I'd rather not remove the bandage only to spew blood everywhere and have to start over.

BTEC
08-03-2006, 01:49 PM
I....skipped on the super glue. There's some neosporin under the butterfly stitch tho. :D

I just want to know how long I need to keep this bandage on. I'd rather not remove the bandage only to spew blood everywhere and have to start over.
THS WOUND NEEDS AIR TO HEAL SO UGONNA HAVE TO TAKE IT OFF SOMETIME. PUT DROOPS OF SUPER GLUE ON IT TO HOLD IT TOGETHER AND TAKE BANDAGE OFF SO IT GETS AIR. KEEP NEOSPORIN ON IT SO U SKN STAY FLEXIBLE AND THE WOUND DNT RIP. HAVENT U WATCHED RAMBO? DAMN

KERR
08-03-2006, 03:53 PM
u need to get some real stiches if its that deep. i sliced my thumb on my benz one night and had to have 14 stiches. 7 inside and 7 out side. that was about 3 months ago and it still itches ever now and then. Not to mention a nasty scar

The BUCKY
08-03-2006, 05:11 PM
super glue really works. i have seen a guy drill a hole in his hand and put super glue on it instead of the hospital. i have used it a few times before to.

drmcivicsi
08-03-2006, 09:33 PM
super glue =)

rtpassini
08-19-2006, 05:11 PM
WAY too deep. get that thing stitched

green91
08-19-2006, 05:17 PM
if its been more than 24 hours they wont stitch it..

Dominic49
08-19-2006, 08:58 PM
super glue works... they did it to my sister when she decide to jump down the stairs and land on her chin..... fucking split her chin right to the bone... took her to the ermegency room and they superglued that shit.... i was like wtf.. espesially after the fucking 300 dollar bill... for superglue.....

deffro
08-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Superglue was invented as a skin adhesive, so people shouldn't be so suprised.

Dominic49
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Superglue was invented as a skin adhesive, so people shouldn't be so suprised.

get your facts straight bitch....

Cyanoacrylate was discovered by Harry Coover at Eastman Kodak during World War II when searching for a way to make synthetic gun-sights (a substitute for spider silk). It did not solve this problem, since it stuck to all the apparatus used to handle it. It was first marketed to industry as well as consumers in February 1955 as a product called "Flash Glue" which is still available today.

Dominic49
08-19-2006, 09:20 PM
IMPORTANT>>>>

Cyanoacrylates bond skin and eyes in seconds. Studies have shown that methyl-2-cyanoacrylate (SuperGlue and KrazyGlue) degrade fairly rapidly upon contact with living tissue. This leads to the release of formaldehyde and a toxic response. 2-octyl cyanoacrylate degrades much slower due to its longer organic backbone which slows the degradation of the adhesive enough to remain below the threshold of tissue toxicity. Due to these toxicity issues, 2-octyl-cyanoacrylate is used for sutures.

deffro
08-19-2006, 09:26 PM
get your facts straight bitch....

Cyanoacrylate was discovered by Harry Coover at Eastman Kodak during World War II when searching for a way to make synthetic gun-sights (a substitute for spider silk). It did not solve this problem, since it stuck to all the apparatus used to handle it. It was first marketed to industry as well as consumers in February 1955 as a product called "Flash Glue" which is still available today.

OK Bitch.... you are right. It was invented and proposed to be used for that purpose. Just wasn't approved by the FDA. So forgive me for my glue ignorance.

Guess I got caught up in an urban myth......

The following was culled from a message board posting:

What is now marketed as Superglue (TM, patent pending, whatever) was invented in the UK as a replacement for sutures. That is what it was designed for originally, not a household adhesive.

Not quite. Although Superglue has been used with great success in place of sutures for certain medical procedures, the oft-made claim that it was originally invented for this purpose is false.

In fact, Superglue (known to chemists as cyanoacrylate) was invented quite by accident. Twice. In both cases, scientists were hoping to come up with new plastic compounds for use in applications such as gun sights and jet canopies but happened unexpectedly upon a formulation that stuck to basically everything it touched. The first time it happened, during World War II, researchers found it a nuisance. The second time, during the 1950s, a light bulb went on in somebody's head. The product was first sold commercially in 1958.

Dominic49
08-19-2006, 11:42 PM
OK Bitch.... you are right. It was invented and proposed to be used for that purpose. Just wasn't approved by the FDA. So forgive me for my glue ignorance.

Guess I got caught up in an urban myth......

The following was culled from a message board posting:

What is now marketed as Superglue (TM, patent pending, whatever) was invented in the UK as a replacement for sutures. That is what it was designed for originally, not a household adhesive.

Not quite. Although Superglue has been used with great success in place of sutures for certain medical procedures, the oft-made claim that it was originally invented for this purpose is false.

In fact, Superglue (known to chemists as cyanoacrylate) was invented quite by accident. Twice. In both cases, scientists were hoping to come up with new plastic compounds for use in applications such as gun sights and jet canopies but happened unexpectedly upon a formulation that stuck to basically everything it touched. The first time it happened, during World War II, researchers found it a nuisance. The second time, during the 1950s, a light bulb went on in somebody's head. The product was first sold commercially in 1958.

a love a little rivalry....

bitch....

Hulud
08-20-2006, 08:53 PM
hows the finger now?