View Full Version : OMGWTFSHEMUSTDIE

Stormhammer
08-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Probation for woman who sliced son
6-year-old's tongue cut with scissors

By KATHY JEFCOATS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/02/06

A Stockbridge mother accused of cutting a piece of her son's tongue with hot scissors was sentenced Tuesday to 10 years probation after the boy's father testified he didn't want her imprisoned.

"He told the judge she is a good woman, and he doesn't feel his son is unsafe around her," said the woman's lawyer, Rickey L. Richardson.

Henry County prosecutors had recommended Samantha J. Davis, 33, serve five years in prison. Instead, she will spend a 60- to 180-day stay in a detention center before going on probation.

Judge Wade Crumbley also ordered her to finish a 26-week parenting class and a nonviolence class and have only supervised visits with her son.

Henry County police said Davis heated a pair of scissors on the stove in August 2004 and held it to her 6-year-old son's neck before cutting off a piece of his tongue as punishment for talking back.

Her estranged husband, Toby Davis of Decatur, reported the injuries to police and she was arrested. The child has been in his father's custody since then.

Davis pleaded guilty in June to two child cruelty charges.

But the state's case was hampered when Toby Davis filed court papers refusing to cooperate with the prosecution and asking that charges

be dropped. The boy also signed an affidavit saying he did not want his mother prosecuted.

Henry District Attorney Tommy Floyd said he didn't know if the father's refusal affected the sentence.

"The judge didn't say, 'This is why I'm doing what I'm doing.' I know the father was very reluctant to prosecute and we feel he influenced the child," Floyd said. "We had to take extreme measures to even get them into court today."

Crumbley did not return a phone call seeking comment. Toby Davis said by phone Tuesday he had no additional comment. Samantha Davis could not be reached.

"She's relieved," Richardson said. "She was hoping for straight probation but at least it isn't the five years in prison the state wanted."

Davis will not serve her sentence as a first offender, which would have allowed her to have no criminal record on file if she successfully completed probation.

As Davis gets further along in her sentence, Richardson said, he will petition the court to amend those restrictions.

GeorgeWBush
08-03-2006, 03:23 AM
What the fuck, put that woman in jail for a while. What a nutjob, I guess at 6 he was easily convinced by his dad or someone to sign that paper. I don't think at 6 he should be allowed to even sign that. I think the father must be just as crazy to not want her in jail and think the judge should have just put her in jail. She put a pair of scissors to her 6 yr olds throat? What an unfit parent, doesn't deserve to see her kid for a long time.

Flip
08-03-2006, 03:41 AM
How can a guy even if he was marreid to her think that his son is safe around her after something like that!?!? this world is crazy...

The Green Monster
08-03-2006, 08:13 AM
yeah the world is twisted...killing 50000 dogs in china, cutting out 6 year old's tongue with hot scissors...*shakes head*

B16a2 Civic
08-03-2006, 08:19 AM
yeah, i read bout that yesterday, evil lady

Hektik
08-03-2006, 08:48 AM
WTF how could he even begin to think that man I would throw her ass in jail and get the divorce papers quick. plus take full custody so the bitch could never see the kid again....

StupidBikerBoy
08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
WTF is the world coming to?

2.0civic
08-03-2006, 11:49 PM
i dont understand how DFACS didnt get5 involved in thsi shit and press charges themselves for child cruelty.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-03-2006, 11:50 PM
he thinks his son is safe around her after this just happened???
shittt id say i cut her tongue off and then let her say its
safe to hang around me......

2.0civic
08-03-2006, 11:52 PM
he thinks his son is safe around her after this just happened???
shittt id say i cut her tongue off and then let her say its
safe to hang around me......

hell he prolly molests the little kid so he could give a fuck less if he talks. arrest BOTH their retarded asses and let him get to chop something of hers off....preferably her head

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
^^AGREED.

2.0civic
08-03-2006, 11:54 PM
i cant beleive they let people like this breed

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
MENTAL INSTITUTION FO SHO !!!!!!