PDA

View Full Version : Comcast

BlkCD5
08-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, it appears to me that Comcast has gone down the shitter as far as internet service goes. Has anyone noticed this lately?? After more than five visits, they have yet to fix my problem. When they do finally show up, they're late as fuck. On one occasion, they forgot to put the work order in the system. On top of that, 50% of the techs that show, don't know what the hell is going on :rant:. My brother even knew more than the tech. Excellent service Comcast :goodjob: :rolleyes: :smilefu:

/End Rant

The Yousef
08-02-2006, 10:46 PM
mine works fine...

Decker1.8t
08-02-2006, 10:46 PM
never had a prob w/ em.

5thgcelica
08-02-2006, 10:47 PM
that sucks.. ive yet to have issues with them and we've had them for a good year or two now.

Flip
08-02-2006, 10:59 PM
The internet service part is great! Thier customer service is poop. And their tech support is even worse. Good thing I know what I'm doin or I'd be screwed with all of the problems I've ran across...

This last time (out of numerous problems) they cut off my service for no reason. I hadn't received a bill since i switched the service back over to my name from an old room mate so I figured it was since i hadn't paid. When i called them they told me that I didn't even have an account with them LOL. The first thing i did was go check to cable box at the road and noticed that this time they had put a cable lock on it and literally CUT the cable wire. Being the dummies they are all i had to do was take some vice grips to the cable lock and replace the cut wire with a small extension and BAM i had cable again.

I know its not very legal to do this but it was their fault so i didn't feel to bad. I figued I'd just ride like that until they could come back out and "fix" it. So i scheduled an appointment for them to come and "set up" my service, got them to waive the setup fee since it was their fault that i didn't an account, got 3 months premium digital cable at the regular cable price, got the first month of internet free, and didn't pay for the previous 2.5 months of service when I supposedly didn't have an account.

It turns out that before, when i switched the cable to my name, they for some reason came out and disconnected it. Wanting cable and not wanting to pay the $50 install fee again, i hooked it up myself, called them and told them "Oh, well they must not have disconnected it because it works just fine". Just send me a bill and we're good. Instead of doing that they canceled my whole account. Somehow my internet, cable, and email accounts all worked fine for 2.5 months after that.

They have problems... But I gain from their mistakes so whatever... :)

RedGTS
08-03-2006, 12:53 AM
fuk comcast i disconnected my cable service for dish network , told them im still wanted internet service.......so what do those dumb fucks do? disconnect my internet service and took 2 days to cut it back on

.:Zero:.
08-03-2006, 12:57 AM
He's just angry because he can't make out the penis's through all the fuzz on the naughty channels.

Romeyo07
08-03-2006, 05:58 AM
I've had Dish Network for a while, love them, but we're moving to an apartment so it's cable for us. I've never had issues with Comcast back in Florida, so I hope its the same experience up here.

Allshow97
08-03-2006, 06:01 AM
SCREW Comcast.... Those bastards will never ever ever ever see any of my money ever again. They have practically NO customer service and everyone of thier employees act like they are doing you a favor rather than doing thier job. I have been a faithful bellsouth customer for 7 years now and just recently upgraded to 6mb extreme DSL and must say I am extremely pleased. The best part about it is that 6mb is all mine not shared bandwidth with my neighbors.

Bellsouth FTW! :goodjob:

5thgcelica
08-03-2006, 09:35 AM
SCREW Comcast.... Those bastards will never ever ever ever see any of my money ever again. They have practically NO customer service and everyone of thier employees act like they are doing you a favor rather than doing thier job. I have been a faithful bellsouth customer for 7 years now and just recently upgraded to 6mb extreme DSL and must say I am extremely pleased. The best part about it is that 6mb is all mine not shared bandwidth with my neighbors.

Bellsouth FTW! :goodjob:

that whole bandwidth thing... isnt really an issue anymore. i get 6.2mb all the time. any time of the day.

3ll3nwood
08-03-2006, 10:06 AM
See whatcha gotta do is :

1. Cancel that Comcast.
2. Sign up for Bellsouth DSL/Phone/Direct TV
3. Touch the dugan.

Allshow97
08-03-2006, 10:47 AM
that whole bandwidth thing... isnt really an issue anymore. i get 6.2mb all the time. any time of the day.

Depends on your location... I have buddies on Comcast that my connection smokes them all day long. Downloading MP3s at 500k a sec FTMFW!

Ms Dollar
08-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Comcast Cable sucks...

BlkCD5
08-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I left Bellsouth for comcast. Bellsouth left me without internet for weeks because they didn't support the hardware anymore. Didn't even get a notice from them :wtf:

5thgcelica
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
Depends on your location... I have buddies on Comcast that my connection smokes them all day long. Downloading MP3s at 500k a sec FTMFW!
i download constantly at 700 its crazy fast.