PDA

View Full Version : Silly policeman.....

Brady
08-02-2006, 07:30 PM
oops http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/laugh.gif

http://www.11alive.com/news/news_art...?storyid=82814 (http://www.11alive.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=82814)

video: http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=55855&bw=

http://www.11alive.com/assetpool/images/0682195116_carnesaccident802%5B1%5D.jpg

Cop Drives, Wrecks Suspect's Car

A police officer is recovering after he was involved in a bad accident on Tuesday in Grantville.

Witnesses say the officer was driving 100 mph when he crashed on Interstate 85. On top of that, the on-duty officer was driving the sports car of a man just arrested.

Officer Jesse Hudgins is recovering in stable condition at Atlanta Medical Center after suffering a broken collarbone, a broken ankle and bruised lungs.

Hudgins has only been with the Grantville Police Department a month, and already he is injured and in hot water.

Grantville looks like Norman Rockwell’s vision of the easy life – typically, controversy takes a detour long before reaching the city limits.

A mangled Nissan has the people of Grantville crashing from one question into another.

“What was he thinking? That’s all that I can say,” said Grantville resident James Berry.

The kind of thing that has the police chief asking questions about one of his own.

“Right now, we’re unclear as to what the decision-making process was,” said Police Chief Franklin Allen.

On Sunday night, a Grantville police officer stopped a car along I-85, and arrested the man behind the wheel for driving on a suspended license.

According to the police report, the suspect said he could call a relative to come remove the car from the intestate. But Officer Hudgins decided to move the silver Nissan 350Z himself.

Witnesses say they saw the officer driving the car in excess of 100 mph, until he moved into the emergency lane, lost control, and crashed into the woods.

It was common practice for Grantville Police to remove vehicles from the interstate themselves, until Chief Allen arrived and made a strict policy against it.

“Under no circumstances was an officer to remove a vehicle himself,” Allen said. “Unless it was an extreme emergency situation.”

“Was it in this case?” asked 11Alive’s Jerry Carnes.

“In my opinion, it was not at this point,” Allen replied.

Now, one of his officers is lucky to be alive, facing potential charges like reckless driving, and a town known for it’s laid-back way of life is getting the type of attention that they don’t want.

Investigators with the Coweta County Sheriff’s Department want to speak to Hudgins as soon as he leaves the hospital.

brads94accord
08-02-2006, 07:52 PM
can you say FIRED

Julio
08-02-2006, 08:00 PM
bhwhahahahha shit is funny as fizuck.

tony
08-02-2006, 08:01 PM
As the owner, I would have been PISSED

~The_Duke~
08-02-2006, 08:02 PM
I would be to, but he will prolly get enough out of this whole thing to buy 2 more...

Tarzanman
08-02-2006, 08:06 PM
They won't fire him over this. Don't forget that being a cop is a government job. They will probably bust his pay and put him on shit duty for a long while and pass him over for promotion.

The real question is: How liable is the police department for totaling his car?

B18c-rex
08-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Cop got what he deserved .... hope he gets the book thrown at him along with loss of his job :D .

~The_Duke~
08-02-2006, 08:07 PM
I would think the police department would be very liable in this sense...I would think...

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 08:22 PM
The department is most definately liable. I mean shit the officer took out the car of a man that was JUST arrested. I have one word DUMBASS!!!

Bishop
08-02-2006, 09:01 PM
bahhh what an idiot

Repost Squintz
08-02-2006, 09:48 PM
so an idiot arrested an idiot.... nice

wantboost
08-02-2006, 10:01 PM
sad.... but funny at the same time

Keebs đżđ
08-03-2006, 12:03 AM
The guy in the 350z is the roommate of one of the DJs at Tiffany's. The 350z had a blow out, the driver changed the tire (put a donut on it) then got pulled over for expired tag. He had no insurance and was driving on a suspended license as well. The officer didn't want to wait 3 hours for the tow-truck so he drove the 350z himself. Going around 85mph he had a blow out on the donut and wrapped the 350z around a tree. All charges were dropped and the PD is buying the guy a new 350z

ahmonrah
08-03-2006, 12:56 AM
so an idiot arrested an idiot.... nicean idiot + an idiot....does that mean they cancel out?

BlkCD5
08-03-2006, 01:09 AM
"Excuse me sir, but im gonna have to move your car, brb" :lmfao: :screwy:

aaronfelipe
08-03-2006, 01:10 AM
what a silly goose

.:Zero:.
08-03-2006, 01:46 AM
Wow. That really makes me think about all the times my car was impounded when I got arrested... I already lost count.

Flip
08-03-2006, 02:06 AM
They won't fire him over this. Don't forget that being a cop is a government job. They will probably bust his pay and put him on shit duty for a long while and pass him over for promotion.

The real question is: How liable is the police department for totaling his car?

Are you serious? How could he do this and not loose his job!? He needs to go!!!

speedminded
08-03-2006, 06:07 AM
The guy in the 350z is the roommate of one of the DJs at Tiffany's. The 350z had a blow out, the driver changed the tire (put a donut on it) then got pulled over for expired tag. He had no insurance and was driving on a suspended license as well. The officer didn't want to wait 3 hours for the tow-truck so he drove the 350z himself. Going around 85mph he had a blow out on the donut and wrapped the 350z around a tree. All charges were dropped and the PD is buying the guy a new 350zlol, sounds like he's either been arrested a few times before and knows how to negotiate with them or has a smart lawyer to talk the department into that one...

Allshow97
08-03-2006, 06:10 AM
lol, sounds like he's either been arrested a few times before and knows how to negotiate with them or has a smart lawyer to talk the department into that one...

My thoughts exactly. All those charges and he still gets a brand-new Z damn y0!

Humphrizzle
08-03-2006, 07:02 AM
why was the cop driving some other persons car?

collins
08-03-2006, 09:00 AM
well of course they're going to buy him a new car. regardless of license, insurance whatever, THEY broke procedure, and in the process damaged someone's personal property.

2.0civic
08-03-2006, 09:11 AM
Wow. That really makes me think about all the times my car was impounded when I got arrested... I already lost count.

uh, you are 19...how many times your car been impounded?

Leadfoot_mf
08-03-2006, 10:12 AM
so was the dude sitting in the back of the patrol car or what? just waiting and waiting oh there goes a ambulance hun ........ more cop cars........ interesting.........where is officer douche bag?...........man this is taking forever.........hahaha that is funny

NoPainT
08-03-2006, 11:13 AM
lol wat a dumbass...