PDA

View Full Version : Misc Help!!! Laptop Battery Problem

T-Mo Goodie
08-02-2006, 12:32 PM
Well I have an Acer Travelmate 804LMi that I got off of Ebay.. It has been giving me problems since the day it came which I expected because of the price I paid. Well this problem that I am having right now is MY fault.

The computer froze up for a good minute and I couldn't shut it down nor bring up the task manager to shut it down so, I popped the battery off and of course it went off. NOWWWWWWWWWWW, it won't come back on. The battery indicator flashes about 8-10 times and still won't come on. If I hold the power button down for 4+ seconds, it just flash slowly.

The guy at Geek Squad said that the battery is in standby mode or something like that and the could tell me how to bring it out of that mode for $99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So no thanks to that. LOL

Can anyone here give me some ideas.

Nismo
08-02-2006, 11:37 PM
is it plugged into the wall> start it w/o the battery in it just plugged into the wall.

T-Mo Goodie
08-03-2006, 03:43 PM
it doesn't work, still. I am thinking that it is something inside of the laptop.

v3rd1g0
08-03-2006, 11:47 PM
get a better battery, acer batteries suck anyways. better batteries are cheaper than unlocking the old one.

Allshow97
08-04-2006, 10:20 AM
Ok here is my assesment from what you have told me. Your power pin has busted on your Acer laptop therefore your battery hasn't been charging. Your battery has finally gone dead and now you can't power the laptop. The power pin can be fixed and the shop I do sidework for charges like $160 to fix it (Only because it's labor intesive). That would be my guess.. Does the power pin wiggle in the back?

T-Mo Goodie
08-06-2006, 10:59 AM
That is the EXACT problem right there^^^^. I figured it out. When I open the laptop up, the DC Power jack is broken!!!!! ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!! I see on Laptopjacks.com where I can order a replacement jack, but I have NO experience in soldering, desoldering, etc.

ALLSHOW97: pm me your info, maybe one day this month I can set up something with you.