PDA

View Full Version : Getting my entire car custom painted

SPL_Jetta
08-02-2006, 11:25 AM
Hey guys, im getting my car custom House of Kolor Pearl paint, im not telling you the color, im going to show it all to you when it is done. It shouldnt be that long, only about a week or 2, its being done by my friend up at Nashville Auto Diesel College in Nashville.

P.S. Walker, it was entertaining running into you on 141, lol

4dmin
08-02-2006, 12:19 PM
lol nice post pix afterward

HvyArms
08-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Hey guys, im getting my car custom House of Kolor Pearl paint, im not telling you the color, im going to show it all to you when it is done. It shouldnt be that long, only about a week or 2, its being done by my friend up at Nashville Auto Diesel College in Nashville.

P.S. Walker, it was entertaining running into you on 141, lol

ahhh paint shmaint. who needs it? I'm gonna drive my car til it's gray.

Be sure to post pix up like Paul said, can't wait to see it.

Decker1.8t
08-02-2006, 01:36 PM
damn dude. that's gonna cost an arm and a leg, no?

rollininstyle2004
08-02-2006, 01:40 PM
damn dude. that's gonna cost an arm and a leg, no?
Its being done by his friend in auto design college so im GUESSING he may be using Chris's car as like his final project or something...so hopefully he is getting a good deal.

I cant wait to see pics when its done :goodjob:

Allstar3.8T
08-02-2006, 06:13 PM
Hopefully he soesnt "fail" his final exam on your car!! :P

SPL_Jetta
08-02-2006, 08:46 PM
Hopefully he soesnt "fail" his final exam on your car!! :P

yea, or its going to be a costly extra credit assignment, for him anyways

Decker1.8t
08-02-2006, 10:39 PM
man. that's an awesome hook-up.

SillyFast
08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
That's a great hook up but tell him not to put that House Of Color junk on there. I know HOK is very popular and lots of painters use it but that doesn't mean it's the best. BASF is not big on advertising and that's why their stuff is not so heard of but trust me it's better. Cheaper too. Put some good stuff Like BASF Diamont basecoats, if your going candy, BASF Carizzma. They both will look great when done, but if your doing candy, candies fade way faster than normal paint. The BASF Carizzma colors are candy but they are also basecoats with hardeners, so they wont fade with time. Your painter will like em better too because they dry faster, cleaner colors, less stuff to mix, faster tape times etc. If he wants to know more about any of it or to see the custom color book, PM me and I'll give you the phone # to a BASF rep in Nashville I know. Good luck with it.

http://www.carizzmacolors.com/

SPL_Jetta
08-28-2006, 09:26 PM
That's a great hook up but tell him not to put that House Of Color junk on there. I know HOK is very popular and lots of painters use it but that doesn't mean it's the best. BASF is not big on advertising and that's why their stuff is not so heard of but trust me it's better. Cheaper too. Put some good stuff Like BASF Diamont basecoats, if your going candy, BASF Carizzma. They both will look great when done, but if your doing candy, candies fade way faster than normal paint. The BASF Carizzma colors are candy but they are also basecoats with hardeners, so they wont fade with time. Your painter will like em better too because they dry faster, cleaner colors, less stuff to mix, faster tape times etc. If he wants to know more about any of it or to see the custom color book, PM me and I'll give you the phone # to a BASF rep in Nashville I know. Good luck with it.

http://www.carizzmacolors.com/

Well i liked the HOK paint that i picked out, and it was realatively cheap, besides its already purchased and ive seen the same color on other cars, and i really liked it. There are a lot of good paints out there, but when it boils down to it i stuck with a good one that i liked, maybe on my next car ill use BASF paint

SillyFast
08-28-2006, 10:16 PM
No problem. Just thought I'd mention it. I'm just partial to what I know. Glad you got something you really like. Looking forward to seeing your pictures when it's done.