PDA

View Full Version : Misc updated pictures of chewy my golden

brads94accord
08-02-2006, 11:15 AM
heres some updated pictures..last pictures i posted was the night we got him...he will be 5 months old next week, he just weighed in at 45 pounds the other day. he looks so goofy right because hes so skinny and disproportioned...believe me he eats a lot but hes very active.

HalfBaked
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Aww so cute...

And I'm not talking about the dog either....

kittychick
08-02-2006, 11:40 AM
what a lovely dog :)

mine loves the tennis ball too; but shys away from jumping in; he'll do it, but he's so funny to watch

brads94accord
08-02-2006, 12:48 PM
he used to be afraid of the water, that was his second trip to the lake..we found that cove at redtop mountain and it was easy so walk into the water and very remote on a hiking trail. this time we went he just jumped right in w/out a ball and started swimming. I'm still trying to teach him how to swim and keep his butt up, i just have to watch out for his nails when he swims towards me, he thinks i'm an island or something.

kittychick
08-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Retop Moutain... you mean blood mountain? I've never been but heard its beautiful to go camping on.

My dog has never been a huge fan of the water. When he was 3 months old we took him to the lake everyday and we would go into the deep water so I bought the blow up lounge thing for him to float on next to us in the water.
He was so funny! Whenever I would lean on the raft, he would try to lick all the water off me- he did that to my cousins too. But he'll still jump/fall into the pool to get his favorite toy- the tennis ball. :) And quickly get out. Its ok, b/c it takes forever to dry the dog.

Can you imagin blow drying this...
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j315/cbohuczky/P2150003a.jpg

kelly marie
08-02-2006, 01:19 PM
ooo i miss my golden..

c-boz.. redtop mountain is up 41 like you are going towards cartersville.. blood mountain is in or around dahlonega i thought..

brads94accord
08-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Retop Moutain... you mean blood mountain? I've never been but heard its beautiful to go camping on.

Redtop mountain is on lake alatoona near cartersville. there are some hiking trails that we walk him on the take him to the cove to swim.

LongShot
08-02-2006, 03:07 PM
I want another Golden :(

Cool pup makes me miss mine :)

kittychick
08-02-2006, 03:46 PM
I'd love one too- but I dont' want to deal with any sheding fur... now a goodle (gold/ poodle mix) ...

Trav had a golden growing up and talks very highly of that cute, hairy beast ;)

LongShot
08-02-2006, 03:58 PM
My lab sheds far worse then my golden ever did. But she does have allergies.

brads94accord
08-02-2006, 04:09 PM
He is my second golden retriever...my g/f and i got him in late april.

I had one for around 7 years when i lived w/ my folks but we had to give him away b/c my dad's job transferred him to chicago which would be far too cold for him since he wasnt house trained and my mom is an interior designer so the inside wasnt a good place for an energetic dog and i had no place to keep him here in ATL... :( i wish i still had chester but he has a good home in morrow now w/ tons of acres to run around and a friend to play w/.

suprisingly he doesn't shed that much anymore..he shedded a lot when he was loosing his puppy fur a few months ago but now he doesn't shed that much. but i'm also a neat freak at my house and i vacum it every 2-3 days and clean everything so i guess i dont really notice the accumulation of fur.

kittychick
08-02-2006, 04:12 PM
^^well its also summer time, so he should have lost a good amount of hair due to the warm weather

I used to have dog allergies, so we've only had non-shedding dogs (all poodles too)