PDA

View Full Version : Holeeee Shiiiiiit

Nemesis
08-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Have any of you ever while driving decided to use your clutch foot to hit the brake. Dear god in heaven , thats the first time I ever almost hit my head on the steering wheel :lmfao: :lmfao:

+1 dumbass moment for meeeeeeeeeeee :bump:

HalfBaked
08-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Clutch foot?

You mean my left foot?

SixSquared
LMAO when I was like 16 my dad took away my license for a few months cause I threw my truck in a lake and he didn't think that was cute... when I got my license back from him and drove to school the first time in months I did that EXACT thing in my del Sol. Car stalled out, I had a bruise on my shoulder from the seat belt, and coke went all OVER the dash/windshield.. I got to school looking like SHIT, the inside of my car was all dirty, and I had a bruise... I can't count how many people asked if I got in a wreck.. worst day evar

B16a2 Civic
LIRL, i did it on accident when i first started driving a stick again

Nemesis
08-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Clutch foot?

You mean my left foot?

Yes I mean left foot ass! What other foot would you use? :slap:

HalfBaked
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Well you said "clutch foot."

MongolPup
08-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Bwhaha I'm with you man. You think hey well why wouldn't my left foot know how to brake just like the right one?

I did manage to make my passenger go "Oh Shit!".

EvasiveEF9
08-02-2006, 11:17 AM
Yes I mean left foot ass! What other foot would you use? :slap:
Third leg. Just kinda...throw it over your left.

silver
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Haha I know what you mean.. I do it all the time.. I will be at a red light right after getting aff work and i have a habit of taking off my heels to just relax while driving and i will put my clutch foot on the brake to take of my right heel and its just whip-lash galore, lol

EvasiveEF9
08-02-2006, 11:18 AM
I've pretty much HAD to learn to use my left foot to brake, though. Autocross and mountain runs kinda make you. Gotta keep the brakes pumped up, and be able to do weight transfers well. I'm not THAT good at it...gettin' there though.

Ran
08-02-2006, 11:19 AM
+1 dumbass moment for meeeeeeeeeeee :bump: :lmfao: :lmfao:

What does this bring your count up to?

Nemesis
08-02-2006, 11:20 AM
:lmfao: :lmfao:

What does this bring your count up to?

I think 3

1. Not installing rear sway on track day LOL

2. Having a reciept in my center console fly up and get lodged in my helmet while trying to qualify at Drift Fury LOL

3. This

:lmfao:

Deaf Pimp
08-02-2006, 11:24 AM
You're an idiot! I've never done that!!!!

Deaf Pimp
08-02-2006, 11:25 AM
I think 3

2. Having a reciept in my center console fly up and get lodged in my helmet while trying to qualify at Drift Fury LOL

3. This

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Wurm
08-02-2006, 11:26 AM
i never have i guess its the way i rest my foot while driving that prevent me from hitting the wrong pedal

wantboost
08-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I've pretty much HAD to learn to use my left foot to brake, though. Autocross and mountain runs kinda make you. Gotta keep the brakes pumped up, and be able to do weight transfers well. I'm not THAT good at it...gettin' there though.
there is my answer

gbrookie71
08-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Have any of you ever while driving decided to use your clutch foot to hit the brake. Dear god in heaven , thats the first time I ever almost hit my head on the steering wheel :lmfao: :lmfao:

Yes ive tried it and i did the same thing its like you dont realize how much pressure you applying to the brake with your clutch foot (left foot)

ECMgarrett
08-02-2006, 11:28 AM
ive done it, didnt realize how much effort goes into pushing a clutch vs a brake pedal

3kgtdrvr
08-02-2006, 11:36 AM
haha i hear ya. i had to move my car only a tiny bit the other day so i just sat in the car and used my right foot to let the clutch out in gear with my left foot still hanging out the door and i started moving enough and put the clutch back in but then i couldnt figure out how to stop bc thats my brake foot so for a second i was totally disoriented and pulled up the e-brake to stop lol

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 11:48 AM

Yeah i have made that mistake before didn't feel good having the seatbelt damn near choke me.

candy2082002
08-02-2006, 11:53 AM
I havent done that yet however I am still learning soooooo ill get back to you on that.:yes:

Tiff-O-Bitties
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Yes, I've done it, I about threw myself and my sis out of the car!!!

xaznstylegrlx
08-02-2006, 01:00 PM
I havent done that yet however I am still learning soooooo ill get back to you on that.:yes:
hi new member :bump:

IndianStig
08-02-2006, 01:01 PM
I left foot brake all the time. At first i was jerky, now im pretty much jerky. It does help initiate oversteer in FWD cars, thats why i had to learn.

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-02-2006, 01:50 PM

LIRL !!!!
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

05Tib
08-02-2006, 01:51 PM
never done that but if i jump in some1's automatic car and go driving i almost put my left foot through the floor board the first time i get going cause i forget there is no clutch...

The Golden Child
08-02-2006, 02:39 PM
nope never happened to me ..
the only thing i hate about sticks is the up hills ..

5thgcelica
08-02-2006, 03:08 PM
yyeaaa ive tried that... and yeah i almost smashed my face into the wheel. lol.

fawk_you
08-02-2006, 03:22 PM
I actually did that the other day. Considering I drove an auto, and swapped to a manual.... I mean im good... but when I switch cars to a diff. manual... and get back in mine, its sorta hard to get back into the swing of things. I went from my stage 2 clutch, to a 6spd TT350z.... lol... sucked.

HyPer50
08-02-2006, 06:31 PM
nope... can't say I"ve ever done that. I have had my foot slip off the clutch tho, on several occasions, it's kinda scary when your behind a car or sitting at a red light too.

Flip
08-02-2006, 06:36 PM

LOL yes! :) Once i was break boosting (using left foot for break while right foot is WOT) then i forgot to move my left foot to clutch and when i went to shift i slamed the break instead of clutch :lmfao:

~The_Duke~
08-02-2006, 06:39 PM
:lmao: this thread makes me laugh...cas more than likely you guys were showing off when you were doing this...

Nemesis
08-02-2006, 06:39 PM
:lmao: this thread makes me laugh...cas more than likely you guys were showing off when you were doing this...

No I was in rush hour and pissed off the person behind me :lmfao:

~The_Duke~
08-02-2006, 06:40 PM
No I was in rush hour and pissed off the person behind me :lmfao:

:lmao: that prolly did help the situation any either did it...

BluesClues
08-02-2006, 08:13 PM
Hell yeah I did that shit like a week ago. My right foot was itching like hell and I was coming up to a red light so I used my left foot and bout busted my dome on my steering wheel :lmfao:

JITB
08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
You ever try to adjust your seat while braking....baaaaaaad idea. i did it once never again.

~The_Duke~
08-02-2006, 08:47 PM
You ever try to adjust your seat while braking....baaaaaaad idea. i did it once never again.

I have never done it while driving, but it is sure fun to slam on the breaks while your passenger is adjusting their :D

Nemesis
08-02-2006, 08:50 PM
Hell yeah I did that shit like a week ago. My right foot was itching like hell and I was coming up to a red light so I used my left foot and bout busted my dome on my steering wheel :lmfao:

:lmao:

I am shocked at this many people that have done this lol

~The_Duke~
08-02-2006, 08:51 PM
Now the question is how many people have done this and not said anything about it...

I have never done it, but I have only had a manual for about 3 months...

HyPer50
08-02-2006, 08:55 PM

lmao ya i've done that once, its funny cause momentum is already sliding you forward, so you end up putting all your weight on the pedal lmao... not fun

Hektik
08-02-2006, 09:06 PM
haha i hear ya. i had to move my car only a tiny bit the other day so i just sat in the car and used my right foot to let the clutch out in gear with my left foot still hanging out the door and i started moving enough and put the clutch back in but then i couldnt figure out how to stop bc thats my brake foot so for a second i was totally disoriented and pulled up the e-brake to stop lol

this made me laugh +1 for u

and yea ive done it. i triedit on purpose once so i was kinda prepared for it but it still jerked pretty bad

SLow_POke
08-02-2006, 09:09 PM
I think 3

3. This

is the curse of the Sub. . . just sell it to dirt cheap
:yes:

-Ernie

ShooterMcGavin
08-02-2006, 11:56 PM
old news :rolleyes:

RedGTS
08-03-2006, 12:30 AM

one time i smashed my foot on the boat at the lake and drove all the way home with my right foot gas/brake/clutch is was fucking amazing shit

ahmonrah
08-03-2006, 12:47 AM
i did that too once. intentionally, i'm always asking questions like "hmm, if this works this way, it should work just the same another way.." needless to say, i threw my dog into the front seat!