PDA

View Full Version : Korn concert brawl leaves 1 dead

ECMgarrett
08-02-2006, 07:56 AM
its silly, the violence at shows/concerts, and that it leads to this disgusts me. im no saint, i havent always acted the best at shows, but thats been a while. and its shitty to think about all the fights ive seen take place and know this is a possibility, that this couldve happen.
sucks, this kid was out trying to have a good time like we all do and now hes dead.

Korn concert brawl leaves 1 dead
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0801korn-death01-ON.html (http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/0801korn-death01-ON.html)

ATLANTA - People were drinking and having fun as the heavy-metal band Korn played. Then a ball cap was grabbed, a single punch thrown and Andy Richardson lay sprawled, with a head injury, just where the seats meet the lawn at the former Lakewood Amphitheater.

A senseless dispute over a little thing ended Richardson's life. At 2:15 p.m. Tuesday, doctors pronounced him dead even though his body was being kept alive so recipients for his organs could be found.

His mother, Gloria Richardson, was in the intensive care unit at Grady Memorial Hospital when doctors told her one of her two children was gone

"He was a sweet-spirited, strong, fiercely loyal young man," the mother said of her 30-year-old son. "He marched to the tune of his own drum. He really did love his friends and family. He didn't deserve this."

Richardson's friends, who had worked with him as a roofer and were with him at the Sunday night concert, waited at home for the news.

"We just went out there to have a good night," said one friend, Eddie Arellano. "It was starting off fun. And then this whole thing turned into a nightmare.

According to Arellano and others at the concert, there was a group of rowdy men at the show.

"These guys were just way too drunk. They had too many fights," Arellano said.

Earlier in the evening, some of the rowdies tumbled down a hill, crashing into Richardson and his friends. There was a brief scuffle, according to Bernice Averil, who was in Richardson's group. A little later, the rowdies returned and one of them snatched Richardson's cap.

"When they took his hat he stood up and said 'We've already had a fight. I don't want to have any problems,' " Arellano said, describing the moments just before the punch. "The guy threw the hat back at him. And when he (Richardson) caught it, the guy hit him in the face and he hit the ground and hit the concrete with the back of his head. He just collapsed.

"His face was bloody. It was bad. It was horrible," said Arellano, who was Richardson's roommate.

The person who threw the punch and that person's friend ran off, Arellano said.

Atlanta police spokesman Officer Steve Coleman said homicide detectives "have people of interest" but no arrests had been made. Police have a "vague description" of the person who threw the punch, according to Sgt. Kevin Iosty.

Jack Gannon, a spokesman for House of Blues, a California-based company that has a sponsorship deal with what's now called HiFi Buys Amphitheater, said the incident was "unfortunate and tragic" and that the company is "cooperating fully with the Atlanta Police Department investigation."

"This was a total shock," said Richardson's mother, who was widowed several years ago. "It's not right that someone could go to a concert for a good time and wind up dead. I want justice. Those two people need to be caught. There needs to be more security or they need to not have these concerts at all. I'm going to pursue this. My voice will be heard."

B16a2 Civic
08-02-2006, 08:01 AM
damn, talk about a 1 hitta quitta

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 08:08 AM
I saw this fight... I was about 10 feet from it. When he was helped up by authorities his teeth were laying on the ground. It was definately sad and i posted something about it yesterday in the thread about who all went to the concert.

ECMgarrett
08-02-2006, 08:09 AM
oh shit, i just noticed where it was from, ATL, i heard about this on the radio this morning

TRINI4LIFE
08-02-2006, 08:27 AM
That is messed up. He really got knocked the F' out.

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 08:43 AM
The sad part is none of the Coverage is on major websites like MSN, WSBTV, 11alive, etc etc...

ECMgarrett
08-02-2006, 08:45 AM
a lot of shit goes on and isnt covered by the big people
people die everday, sadly its not as big of a deal as one would think

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Nevermind I just found it on WSBTV but through a link of another site.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/9603926/detail.html

SOHC MONSTER
08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Some how I got a different version of this. I knew something wasn't right about the story I got.

civic95
08-02-2006, 09:15 AM
On the radio they said he told them to watch out, because one of his friends was pregnant, and they were moshing around them. Thats when the first fight started.

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 09:26 AM
Man there were so many fights sunday it wasn't even funny, most of them over the most stupid shit ever. Hi-Fis needs to beef up security cause that shit was a fuckin joke. they didn't even check back and the guy that supposedly patted me down just barely touched under my arms and down my back, didn't check my cargo shorts pockets or anything. It was extremely ridiculous.

Ran
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
White people are crazy. :screwy:

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-02-2006, 10:04 AM
how old was this guy?

ECMgarrett
08-02-2006, 10:06 AM
he was 30yrs old or 31. thats waht i heard on the radio this morning

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-02-2006, 10:17 AM
BTW your post count is 666.

4dmin
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
thats fucked up

Stormhammer
08-02-2006, 02:20 PM
On the radio they said he told them to watch out, because one of his friends was pregnant, and they were moshing around them. Thats when the first fight started.

yeah, his girlfriend

The Golden Child
08-02-2006, 03:31 PM
sad ..