PDA

View Full Version : The Size Of Our World

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.rense.com/general72/size.htm

dear god, I didn't think there were planets THAT big - it puts things definitely into perspective, just wish I could be alive for the day we land and explore them :yes:

... and I thought Aldebaran was only in Star Wars :bump:

Keebs ð¿ð
08-01-2006, 11:20 PM
Holy shit that last one is huge lol

imbosile
08-01-2006, 11:20 PM
i always wonder if there is some other planet out there with life just like us, and how weird it would be to find out how they compare to us

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
^^ yeah it is

I wonder if someone is going to post about " omg there are other planets out there that we've found? "

Bishop
08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
thats insane....i feel like an ant now

Bishop
08-01-2006, 11:22 PM
omg there are other planets out there that we've found?

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:23 PM
i always wonder if there is some other planet out there with life just like us, and how weird it would be to find out how they compare to us

you know, Albert Einstein made a qoute once

" The thought that we are not alone in the universe simply blows the mind.
The idea that we are alone in the universe is equally mind blowing. "

Me personally, I find it hard to believe that in the huge vast expanses of the universe, that we are alone. Technically speaking, even if its a plant or bacteria or a fish, by definition, its life, and an alien.

Keebs ð¿ð
08-01-2006, 11:23 PM

Ya, I wouldn't mind seeing how their car scene turned out. Hoepfully alot less of their version of 'ricers'

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Ya, I wouldn't mind seeing how their car scene turned out. Hoepfully alot less of their version of 'ricers'

haha! I can see it now, UFO's with neons and earth shattering subs with energy wings and fake hyperspace drives :lmfao:

imbosile
08-01-2006, 11:27 PM
you know, Albert Einstein made a qoute once

" The thought that we are not alone in the universe simply blows the mind.
The idea that we are alone in the universe is equally mind blowing. "

Me personally, I find it hard to believe that in the huge vast expanses of the universe, that we are alone. Technically speaking, even if its a plant or bacteria or a fish, by definition, its life, and an alien.

yea its kind of a weird feeling thinking we are the only ones out here in this unimaginably massive universe, yet it's still weird thinking that we aren't alone.

just thinking of all the things that have happened in our history as a planet, and seeing what other planets history's have been like. just things like governments and laws would be interesting

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:29 PM
just thinking of all the things that have happened in our history as a planet, and seeing what other planets history's have been like. just things like governments and laws would be interesting

very true - especially learning about the history part. Damn, kinda blows your mind thinking about some other PLANET's history. I wouldn't be surprised if extraterrestial life had some part of our planet's history

Keebs ð¿ð
08-01-2006, 11:32 PM
haha! I can see it now, UFO's with neons and earth shattering subs with energy wings and fake hyperspace drives :lmfao:

:lmfao: :lmfao: Don't forget the Interuniversal Products Company or whatever the equivilant to APC windshield stickers

imbosile
08-01-2006, 11:33 PM
very true - especially learning about the history part. Damn, kinda blows your mind thinking about some other PLANET's history. I wouldn't be surprised if extraterrestial life had some part of our planet's history

i wonder if we will ever know, maybe someday.

Flip
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
very fun to contemplate...

Flip
08-01-2006, 11:35 PM
i wonder if we will ever know, maybe someday.

Maybe... If we don't get wiped out first...

Niger
08-01-2006, 11:39 PM
shit they found ancient tapeworms on mars and shit.... so i'm sure theres life on other planets for sure.... now intelligent life is another story... A society which can manipulate its environment like we do... now that'd be the shit if we make contact with them... and as tracy morgan would say "fuck dem alien bitches" lololol (anyone know what i'm talkin bout)

imbosile
08-01-2006, 11:41 PM
Maybe... If we don't get wiped out first...

if we ever met people from another planet, that would be one awkward confrontation

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:41 PM
shit they found ancient tapeworms on mars and shit.... so i'm sure theres life on other planets for sure.... now intelligent life is another story... A society which can manipulate its environment like we do... now that'd be the shit if we make contact with them... and as tracy morgan would say "fuck dem alien bitches" lololol (anyone know what i'm talkin bout)

well for intelligent life, it could still be an animal or something :goodjob:

I've been following the mission to one of Jupiter's moons - the one thats all covered in ice, because a scan of it showed a heated core - if theres miles and miles of ice on the outside, and a heated core on the inside - that means water - and life lives in water - they're still trying to come up with an idea of how to get through all of that ice

Stormhammer
08-01-2006, 11:43 PM
if we ever met people from another planet, that would be one awkward confrontation

it makes you wonder if we haven't - I mean with Roswell and all that. If you think about it now, if something like that was admitted, the chaos that would reign, people would panic to a point from movies like Mars Attacks and War Of The Worlds, and just think what some religion's would say and or do :screwy:

Niger
08-01-2006, 11:49 PM
well for intelligent life, it could still be an animal or something :goodjob:

I've been following the mission to one of Jupiter's moons - the one thats all covered in ice, because a scan of it showed a heated core - if theres miles and miles of ice on the outside, and a heated core on the inside - that means water - and life lives in water - they're still trying to come up with an idea of how to get through all of that ice

no by intelligent i mean something on the scale of human beings. Create advanced tools (more complex than monkeys poking antpiles with sticks). Modify environment. Cultured, creativity, beyond basic survival instincts, and simple 2 dimensional thoughts. For example an ape... intelligent animals... but not "intelligent life forms" in the same way that humans and "ET"-like aliens are.

Bishop
08-01-2006, 11:50 PM
you every think about if other planets have life and they are looking at us....like if they view us people as tapeworms and wonder if we have intelligent life here on earth? Thats just messed up

imbosile
08-01-2006, 11:54 PM
it makes you wonder if we haven't - I mean with Roswell and all that. If you think about it now, if something like that was admitted, the chaos that would reign, people would panic to a point from movies like Mars Attacks and War Of The Worlds, and just think what some religion's would say and or do :screwy:

yea there would be a lot of people who's beliefs get turned upside down

the whole topic about how big the universe is, is alot like "how long is forever". whenever you really sit there and think about it you get to a point where you just get dumbfounded and can't come up with anything

Stormhammer
08-02-2006, 12:23 AM
yea there would be a lot of people who's beliefs get turned upside down

the whole topic about how big the universe is, is alot like "how long is forever". whenever you really sit there and think about it you get to a point where you just get dumbfounded and can't come up with anything

yea I know - I remember seeing someone on PBS or something, where they did a theoritical model of the universe and it fucking blew my mind.

Okay - now imagine our solar system is a spec in this like jumbled mass of systems that formed like a messy wavy stringy knot thingy. Now imagine that messy wavy string thing just a speck in a bigger one. And that bigger one is just a speck in an even BIGGER one.

What happens if we ever do explore to the point of where we find emptiness? Can we find more? I mean, just TRY to imagine being in a space ship and looking out to just see... nothing. Just blackness. You mind kinda freaks out

HeLLo iM iZzY
08-02-2006, 12:34 AM
i always wonder about other life forms on other planets

SampaGuy
08-02-2006, 12:38 AM
of those that are bigger than our sun, are any of them actual planets or are they all stars

Stormhammer
08-02-2006, 12:41 AM
of those that are bigger than our sun, are any of them actual planets or are they all stars

good point - I do believe they are stars - I know Betelgeuse is, as is Antares ( wouldnt be surprised about the others either )

still doesn't rule out the fact of planets orbiting them

Pher
08-02-2006, 02:38 AM
So... what you're saying is... Uranus is bigger than most of our planets?

Cheeky monkey

Mike Lowrey
08-02-2006, 06:36 AM
http://www.rense.com/general72/size.htm

dear god, I didn't think there were planets THAT big - it puts things definitely into perspective, just wish I could be alive for the day we land and explore them :yes:

... and I thought Aldebaran was only in Star Wars :bump:

Um, the last two pictures show stars, not planets.

Allshow97
08-02-2006, 06:40 AM
So... what you're saying is... Uranus is bigger than most of our planets?

Cheeky monkey

LoL :yes: