PDA

View Full Version : Misc PS3>Xbox360 and ur proof

soul
05-17-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/live/streamer_new2.html?title=Killzone+2+(working+title )+Gameplay+Footage+1&path=killzone2_ot_ps3_051605.asx&pid=6124986

no cinematics all game play

The Yousef
05-17-2005, 03:15 PM
:eek:

^that left me in shock for a good 30seconds!!! FUCK!

Tracer
05-17-2005, 03:51 PM
That was awesome. Does anyone know how much their going to cost? Ps3 or Xbox360

Brett
05-17-2005, 03:52 PM
That doesnt say much really because now XBOX and PS2 have amazing looking openings to thier games and shit like that, Its going to be the true graphics of the game itself that will be the true test, Its not hard to make a opening or scene for a game like that, look that good, Both consoles do that now.

JITB
05-17-2005, 05:01 PM
And also, Killzone 1 was suppsoed to be a halo killer...and it was real bad. this one looks good tho, i hope it is. And there is no PS3 built yet, so all the specs are "supposedly" is waht they are gonna make.

soul
05-17-2005, 05:22 PM
No, go back and read your own articles, they had running PS3 games and demos at the unvieling.(might have been the articles ive read and recieved)

BRETT those are not opening cinematics. That is actual IN GAME PLAY

eViLMunkey
05-17-2005, 05:29 PM
Wow.... awesome fluid movements.... I'm still goin w/ the 360..

Brett
05-17-2005, 05:49 PM
We really cant say shit until the real console on both sides is released or the "Final" pre production model is shown, all this shit on both sides is what it CAN do, Doesnt mean the games will look like that when it comes to putting them on the market

NzProjeKt
05-17-2005, 05:56 PM
PS3 vs XBOX 360
Processor: 3.2GHz Cell w/ 7 SPEs 2.0 TFLOPS VS. 3.2GHz G5 w/ 3 Cores
Memory: 256MB XDR @ 3.2GHz 256MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz VS. 512MB GDDR3 @ 700MHz 10MB Embedded DRAM
GPU: 550MHz NVIDIA 500MHz ATi
Best Display: 1080p Standard Dual Screen Output VS. 1080i Optional Single Screen Output
Network: 1000BASE-T Ethernet Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g VS. 100BASE-TX Ethernet Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g
Audio: 5.1 Digital VS. 5.1 Digital
Wireless Input: x7 on Bluetooth 2.0 VS. x4 on 2.4GHz RF
Storage: Removable HDD *TBA VS. Removable HDD 20GB
Release: Spring 2006 VS. November 2005
Dimensions: About 13.5" x 3.25" VS. About 10.25" x 2.5"

Brett
05-17-2005, 05:59 PM
Both are about dead equal in the specs

NzProjeKt
05-17-2005, 06:00 PM
the PS3 looks pretty amazing... but im going to purchase the XBOX 360 since I dont want to wait till spring of 2006 for a highly overpriced console.....

Brett
05-17-2005, 06:16 PM
^^ True that, Why wait to pay way to much for a console in 2006 when we can blow our money in 2005!! HA HA HA HA

JustinSane110™
05-17-2005, 06:19 PM
^^ True that, Why wait to pay way to much for a console in 2006 when we can blow our money in 2005!! HA HA HA HA
Cuz you might regret it when 2006 rolls around haha. I plan on doing whatever to get them both though, and screw Nintendo because I'm not 5 years old anymore. :goodjob:

Brett
05-17-2005, 06:22 PM
I doubt I will regret getting the 360 over the PS3. People try and say now the PS2 has better graphics the the XBOX, and I cant see how anyone can say that, Hell I sold my PS2 and bought an XBOX cause it had better graphics, VICE CITY was a prime example of how a game is better looking on XBOX

JustinSane110™
05-17-2005, 06:37 PM
I agree completely with that, I have the PS2 and the XBOX and any game that was on both system there was no question I was getting the XBOX version, it was just that Sony had more good exclusives. But I think (or hope) that Sony learned from it's mistake of letting the graphics slip and they'll step up this time since they know MS is for real now.

NzProjeKt
05-17-2005, 06:53 PM
the PS3 looks cool and everything... but the way I look at it is anything SONY= OVERPRICED... this goes from Projection TVs, DVDs, MP3 Players, ect... Its more like your paying for the name more than anything...

Its rather ridiculous... like you can see for yourself that other than a few minor specs and the way they look the two consoles are identical... but mark my word that the PS3 is going to have a much higher price tag when it becomes available.....

JustinSane110™
05-17-2005, 07:04 PM
^^ If not then MS will probably have their first price cut right at that time to sway some people that are waiting for the PS3, plus they already plan to drop Halo 3 on the same day PS3 comes out last I heard which would definitely be a smart strategy, a price-cut and their flagship game. At the same time I'm sure Sony knows this and is aware that MS is a true contender and will try to be competitive pricewise if MS doesn't pull a springtime price-cut. I don't see Sony being more than $50 off if that.

Are they both still gonna put out different models at different price ranges too?? I know there was serious talk of it before.

JITB
05-17-2005, 08:22 PM
No, go back and read your own articles, they had running PS3 games and demos at the unvieling.(might have been the articles ive read and recieved)

BRETT those are not opening cinematics. That is actual IN GAME PLAY

they said it was actual game footage...But ppl at the show said, that it wasnt. And there wasnt a PS3, actual there to see. (supposedly)

Brett
05-17-2005, 08:31 PM
Like I said before, Until they make a production one with a real game to play on it, no one knows what either console will really be like

bigb996
05-17-2005, 09:14 PM
well that video had my jaw dropped. That game looked amazing, however we cant say which is better yet because like eveyrone was saying its to early. Xbox 360 really doesnt have any video previews for there games. I think we all could make a little more of a pic once E3 rolls through. Then we will have a true battle on our hands. The only thing PS3 is gonna have to step up with is a better internet set up. I hate how it works on ps2, xbox live is so great the way it works.

mp5o
05-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I think we got some xbox fan boys in here. You guys should really get off microsoft's dick.....

bigb996
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
heres a pic of hte new tekken. Look the detail on his face like the poores on his nose and the hair.
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/614/614753/tekken-next-20050516080618078.jpg

JITB
05-17-2005, 10:03 PM
they need to start talkin about the online portion tho, cuz tahts the most important thing..at this time.

Brett
05-18-2005, 07:09 AM
I think we got some xbox fan boys in here. You guys should really get off microsoft's dick.....

Why you rather the guys jump on yours? :rolleyes:

green91
05-18-2005, 10:54 AM
if ps3 has good online play i think it will give xbox a hard time! ms has sony beat on the release though. i think everybody will buy the 360 when it comes out and dump them when the ps3 comes out

eViLMunkey
05-18-2005, 12:03 PM
I think it's going to end up in the end a Playstation w/ a windows logo on it...

mp5o
05-18-2005, 03:07 PM
Why you rather the guys jump on yours? :rolleyes:

HAhaa! Naw man.... It just seems like you guys won't even give ps3 a chance... You're all so quick to say "FUCK that!! I'm gettin an xbox 360!!" Oh well, I could really giva fuck less. :blah: :bigok:

eViLMunkey
05-18-2005, 03:58 PM
You didn't look at what I said... also the 360 is completely wireless except for the power supply.... A friend of mine already reserved his...

Brett
05-18-2005, 04:06 PM
HAhaa! Naw man.... It just seems like you guys won't even give ps3 a chance... You're all so quick to say "FUCK that!! I'm gettin an xbox 360!!" Oh well, I could really giva fuck less. :blah: :bigok:

Just some of us are XBOX fans and some are Sony Fans, We all have our consoles of choice regardless of what the other ca do :)

eViLMunkey
05-18-2005, 04:28 PM
I've owned 2 PS2's and Like the Xbox over it....

JustinSane110™
05-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Probably got a lot to do with that Xbox is comin out sooner. Remember everybody was all hyped up on dreamcast too because it came out before PS2. I'm on my way to reserve my 360 today and the PS3 sometime soon because they'll be opening orders for that anytime now.

4dmin
05-18-2005, 05:02 PM
you guys need to read the new TIME magazine... 360 will demolish the new PS3...

360 has:

all wireless, dvd, widescreen/dolby 5.1 (all games), rips cds, video conferencing, store mp3s/pics/movies/etc, connects to your pc for file share, will be able to take you cc info for buying/selling, you will be able to purchase game upgrades/secrets

^^^ it will revolutionize your home entertainment center no doubt

also Halo 3 will be realeased the day of PS3....

sony doesn't have a chance to stay in the game, gates has lost a billion a year on this project and plans on to keep moving forward untill his market share in the industry increases. plus sony has no ONLINE gaming support nor are they working on one. and the graphics in the mag were just as good as the cintematices you guys posted :D

eViLMunkey
05-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Halo series alone demolishes anything on PS

MasterMadman
05-18-2005, 06:11 PM
I heard that the PS3 coold support 7 players on one system.....

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS GAY,

you think that it's hard w/ 4 on one secrren try 7. And how will games ever be fair.

I say fuck that .....

mp5o
05-18-2005, 06:54 PM
See? This is exactly what I'm talking about.... The ps3 will support memory sticks which are used in the cameras, pcs, ETC... Then, their controller are BLUETOOTH... Not that shitty wireless bs, dvd check, widescreen-dont know, dolby 5.1 check, etc etc etc.... :blah:

you guys need to read the new TIME magazine... 360 will demolish the new PS3...

360 has:

all wireless, dvd, widescreen/dolby 5.1 (all games), rips cds, video conferencing, store mp3s/pics/movies/etc, connects to your pc for file share, will be able to take you cc info for buying/selling, you will be able to purchase game upgrades/secrets

^^^ it will revolutionize your home entertainment center no doubt

also Halo 3 will be realeased the day of PS3....

sony doesn't have a chance to stay in the game, gates has lost a billion a year on this project and plans on to keep moving forward untill his market share in the industry increases. plus sony has no ONLINE gaming support nor are they working on one. and the graphics in the mag were just as good as the cintematices you guys posted :D

mp5o
05-18-2005, 06:57 PM
The ps3 is going to support multiple t.v.'s(correct me if Im wrong)...... Theres a reason for 7 wireless controllers....

I heard that the PS3 coold support 7 players on one system.....

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS GAY,

you think that it's hard w/ 4 on one secrren try 7. And how will games ever be fair.

I say fuck that .....

mp5o
05-18-2005, 07:01 PM
Ever heard of SOCOM? Gran Turismo? Tekken??

Don't get me wrong.... I have an xbox.... Sold my ps2... Traded in halo for forza... But damn.... Both systems are gonna be better than anything we've ever had before... Wait till they both come out... Then bash ps3. :goodjob:

mp5o
05-18-2005, 07:02 PM
K I'm done.

bigb996
05-18-2005, 08:02 PM
i dont see the point in bashing either personally. I own both ps2 and xbox and i buy ps2 games like gt4, tekken, etc...because they are great and are only available on ps2. This will happen again on ps3. Xbox has great graphics and the online is great that is why i plan xbox. All of this is gonna happen again but just transfer over to more powerful systems with better options. I think most of us will end up with both of them again.

soul
05-18-2005, 08:45 PM
FFXII will own

PS3 and Xbox360 are close, but PS3 stats and capabilities are still better than xbox.

JITB
05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
I can count on my heand how many people have memory sticks...And Ps2 was supposed to use memory sticks.

JustinSane110™
05-19-2005, 12:54 AM
Which is their one major exclusive title, you cant base the success of a system on one game.

JustinSane110™
05-19-2005, 01:12 AM
See? This is exactly what I'm talking about.... The ps3 will support memory sticks which are used in the cameras, pcs, ETC... Then, their controller are BLUETOOTH... Not that shitty wireless bs, dvd check, widescreen-dont know, dolby 5.1 check, etc etc etc.... :blah:
Exactly, I wouldn't take a TIME article too seriously since it may or may have not been written by some Microsoft dick-rider thats gonna make the 360 look like the second coming. Look at any side by side comparison and Microsoft is gonna take a major beating, and no amount of Halo 3 is gonna stop it from happening. Microsoft can't sit back and depend on one game to save their asses, especially since Sony is already getting their hype monster started and it's just a matter of time now. Microsoft had their press conference then Sony stepped in and stole the show.

Not to mention that Sony is using Blu-Ray which holds so much more data then the 360's HD-DVD, so when developers reach the limits of the HD-DVD then Blu-Ray is gonna just be gettin warmed up.

5.1, widescreen, and all that PS3 is gonna have not to mention a better screen resolution as well.

***Here's a pretty meat and potatoes side by side comparison here:***
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/614/614783p1.html

Now as a disclaimer, I am by no means a Sony fanboy as a matter of fact I'd love to see the 360 and PS3 stay neck and neck as its only gonna make us as gamers the winners. But realistically I dont see Microsoft overcoming Sony this time around.

JITB
05-19-2005, 03:13 AM
Alot of PC players, have told me that the Nvidia card, has always been inferior to the radeon. i have heard alot of peeps repeat taht the sp3, is really powerful. But when broken down is almost the same as the 360. The only games that werent CG rendered was the Killzone 2 "suppsoedly", and GT5. killzone looks great..but the first one was soooo bad. and was supposed to be a halo killer, but was just terrible. developers have said that its alto harder to program for the PS3, due to the Cell.

ps3 - and the 360 have the same resolution...360 gurantees atleast 780. but is capable of 1080 its up to the dvelopers. The first xbox had 780. The only thing Ps3 has over resolution wise, is the dual HD screen output...But really who has 2 HD tv's to hook up to a ps3, nice feature but sort of useless. And the first Xbox had Widescreen capabilities, so thats no major step. And the original xbox was 5.1 sound. Alot of the stuff on the ps3, is and was alreadyxbox..b/c most of the main features the ps3 has xbox already had. its just playin catchup. And sony's online gaming was horrible...hopefully it will have a good service. But tis gonna take awhile to get all the problems worked out with that, like xbox live did.

BTW..the 360 is Watercooled....is that cool or what.

al honestly PS3, does look alot more powerful, but after owning an xbox..and having a ps2. i honestly cant go back. Ill admit im a xbox fanboy, but owning one for so long i cant help but be..:). Noone ever wins when companies battle, they btoh just make an ass load of money...and we get great shit to play.

JustinSane110™
05-19-2005, 04:19 AM
ps3 - and the 360 have the same resolution...360 gurantees atleast 780. but is capable of 1080 its up to the dvelopers. The first xbox had 780.
Good points there, but the point I was making was that the 360 has optional 1080 and the PS3 is 1080p progressive scan standard. The sickest part about the 360 right now is that all of the vids and screens we've seen so far, Microsoft claims are only on 1/3 of the systems full potential since they're only alpha units. :goodjob:

I really hope the 360 can hang with the PS3, and it will for a while but at some point maybe in a few years when developers really crack the potential of the Cell and get the hang of programming for it and start fully utilizing the Blu-Ray discs then PS3 is gonna start to pull away and show it's strength. Gotta also take into account that last time the Xbox had much more power than the PS2 and thats where it got people to convert and this time around PS3 is gonna be the power system. Shouldn't take too long for developers to get the hang of the Cell processor since they've had the kits for some time now.

RandomGuy
05-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Ever heard of SOCOM? Gran Turismo? Tekken??

Don't get me wrong.... I have an xbox.... Sold my ps2..
to me BWAHAHAHAH lol jp

ok first off... the battle of the systems will be all about marketing. I agree xbox MAY win... but the ps3 is much, much more powerful. If anyone knows anything about the cell processor, you can't even compare it to the XBOX. The ps3 has more game developers on its back, which in turn .. will give it more games @ release. PS2 sold SOO many more units than Xbox at the beginnings. Either way I might just get both systems... cuz both will be badass.

but please b4 u post read up on the cell and the xbox processors... with "3 cores"... the cell has 8 "cores"...
The cell has the potential to demolish anything out right now, even multiprocessor supercomputers.

http://www.blachford.info/computer/Cells/Cell0.html

the battle of the systems is all bout timing and marketing, I'm sure Sony has something up its sleeve also, it wont let Xbox win without a fight.

Brett
05-19-2005, 03:16 PM
^^ Just like you can assume Microsoft has something up thier sleeve as well, I dont see Bill Gates accepting 2nd best.

ChnkyLao
10-21-2005, 08:49 PM
i hav red in playstation mag that the ps3 will be $350
im tempted for the xbox 360 but i have alway been a playstion fan