PDA

View Full Version : File Swapping

chrisdavis
05-17-2005, 01:58 PM
On another forum that I visit we have a file swapping area. It is a restricted area that an admin has to give permission to access, and I was thinking maybe we could do something like that here. Or maybe we could use ftp and upload to here for others to download. or maybe a community ftp for all to upload and download from.

Brett
05-17-2005, 08:05 PM
As hard as the record companies are going after the people who do it, Why would IA want to risk that? ( Not trying to sound harsh )

If people want to file swap let them go to limewire and the hundreds of other free sites, why drag IA into it, ya know?

chrisdavis
05-17-2005, 08:26 PM
As hard as the record companies are going after the people who do it, Why would IA want to risk that? ( Not trying to sound harsh )

If people want to file swap let them go to limewire and the hundreds of other free sites, why drag IA into it, ya know?

Its not just music its everything. I am not sure of the legalities of it, but it just allows you to post up links of where to get stuff. Say you found a spot to download a certain program, you would post the link for others to get it. The other forum posts everything but its mainly programs and full cd's. Your not swapping p2p you are just swapping links. I know you were not trying to sound harsh and I didnt take offense, it is just a feature I enjoy somewhere else and thought it may be enjoyed here as well. Yay or nay its all cool.