PDA

View Full Version : Quick opinion poll: Nopi - del Sol open or Nopi Chic?

SixSquared
08-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Weighing out the pros and cons of each one... I'm leaning more towards the open del Sol class (del Sol - Custom is what I would be tossed into). Nopi Chic - del Sol - Custom, well, I know there are chicks with del Sols, but I've only seen one girl ever showing a del Sol.. and it's pink *gags* The last time I showed at Nopi (aka 3 years ago), I did the street class, open... not nopi chic... I didn't win anything, but then again I have a way better car this time around. Comin down to crunch time, decisions gotta be made!

My personal pros and cons so far:

Open show pros: More competition, if I win a trophy I'll feel a lot better and I'll really feel like the queen of the ricers.

Open show cons: Less time for judges to look at my car, less chance of it standing out cause they're looking at more cars, risk of going home emptyhanded, which would SUCK

Chic pros: I'm pretty much guaranteed a trophy if they keep del Sol chic seperate, smaller group so better chance that my car will be better appreciated (in my head)

Chic cons: If I do win I won't be as stoked, cause I wasn't competing against the whole field... I also generally stay away from the girl-power based groups... In sports, girls and guys being seperated makes sense, but not in car events. I know girls aren't forced to compete in Nopi Chic, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way that there's the idea that girls and guys in the auto world are somehow unequal. Just me.

Opinions, por favor... as well as input.. I haven't read up too much on if the judging brackets have changed... As I said, it's been a WHILE since I showed, and '03 was my first year at Nopi so I really didn't have much of a clue what was goin on. Last few years I've just been a spectator and haven't been paying attention to how the judging goes.

fawk_you
08-01-2006, 03:00 AM
Register with the guys. If you're competing in a mans sport, why should there be a seperate class for girls? Its bullshit to me. Compete with the guys, surpass their game, and take the win. Thats what I did with my celica, and I wouldnt have it any other way. For a guy to hear a womans name called out before theirs in a competition, you have NO idea how much they hate it. ;)

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-01-2006, 03:17 AM
I think I saw your car at Vihn's today

The Ren
08-01-2006, 03:45 AM
if being in a booth im still allowed to enter... I will be entering nopi chich... that is the only way i have a chance...

SixSquared
08-01-2006, 05:03 AM
I think I saw your car at Vihn's today

if you saw a (mostly) blue del Sol with a cf hood and a LOT of primer, then you did indeed. The kit's just mocked up... I gotta kick Li's ass in gear and get him to finish the bitch sometime this decade :crazy:

SixSquared
08-01-2006, 05:03 AM
if being in a booth im still allowed to enter... I will be entering nopi chich... that is the only way i have a chance...

You still owe me a ride in the sooper supra :ninja:

The Ren
08-01-2006, 05:10 AM
You still owe me a ride in the sooper supra :ninja:
i know i know.... hey im off tommmorow!!!

SixSquared
08-01-2006, 05:27 AM
hmmmm.. I'm sleepin tomorrow :( I'm still at work from coming in at 10pm.. gonna be here another hour and a half or so :( Come to my bon voyage party (tba) and we can play :D

The Ren
08-01-2006, 07:03 AM
I guess i shall have to....speaking of which we are celebrating my bday aug 26th at mideval times.. you should join us...

Allshow97
08-01-2006, 07:49 AM
I honestly think open show. That way if you do win you will have a better sense of accomplishment because you beat the whole field and not one small group of women. Just my :2cents:

Miranda
08-01-2006, 08:15 AM
It sounds to me like it'll be bugging you if you win in a Female class. If that's the way you feel, why not enter in open and just have some fun?! Yeah, you might not come out on top, but isn't 15th out of 50 better than 1st out of 3?

It's a tough decision... trust me, I know. I had to make a tough decision moving from Ladies class into Open, but here was my take on it:

- If you have sponsors that want to see wins, Ladies class rules.
- If you have pride in your sex, Ladies class rules.
- If you feel you can have fun either way, Ladies class rules.

- If you don't have sponsors to keep happy, Open rules.
- If you win in Open, you are the ultimate shiznit.
- If you really feel the best way to be competitive is to compete against boys, go Open.

Hope this helps, girl.

Jimmy B
08-01-2006, 08:18 AM
uh.. nopi's ghey

B16a2 Civic
08-01-2006, 08:23 AM
wheres the option for " who cares"

The Golden Child
08-01-2006, 10:14 AM
^ LIRL !!!

Keebs ð¿ð
08-01-2006, 10:27 AM
I remember reading in history class how woman used to speak up for equal rights and that good stuff. And I'm completely for that. Women should be able to do the same as men. And at the same time Men should step up and cook dinner every once and a while. Of course after tasting the food (if you can even call it that after we get done cooking it) we prepare, we usually get tossed back out of the kitchen. But not to stray too far off topic, Women should compete in the same field as men. I've seen PLENTY of female's cars who would kill any of mine in a show. Lea Anne is a prime example if you compare her old celica to my old celica

fawk_you
08-01-2006, 12:02 PM
:D ^-thanks Bri. Its a hard choice ems. I back you 110% no matter what you choose.... just gotta do what makes you happy in the end! :kiss:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-01-2006, 02:30 PM
yeah I saw it, and the huge sticker on the back window.. lirl.. :goodjob:

Ran
08-01-2006, 02:53 PM
Register with the guys. If you're competing in a mans sport, why should there be a seperate class for girls? Its bullshit to me. Compete with the guys, surpass their game, and take the win.Hellz yeah, put women in the NFL against the guys! :D

Honestly though, got for the Nopi Chic competition. It'll be harder to come out on top, but you'll feel better if you win. To win in a class that only has a handful of competitors is rather empty. Either way, good luck. :goodjob:

fawk_you
08-01-2006, 11:30 PM
Hellz yeah, put women in the NFL against the guys! :D

Honestly though, got for the Nopi Chic competition. It'll be harder to come out on top, but you'll feel better if you win. To win in a class that only has a handful of competitors is rather empty. Either way, good luck. :goodjob:
In a more of a COMBAT sport, id say go for a females class. Unless they are butch enough to keep up with my middle school science teacher or that one chick that was in congress. With a fucking car competion... :jerkit: gimme a break.

SixSquared
08-02-2006, 12:38 AM
yeah I saw it, and the huge sticker on the back window.. lirl.. :goodjob:

leave my stickers alone... I haven't gotten around to de-vinyling and re-vinyling her.. The shop that those stickers are repping (AutoLabZ) isn't even around anymore.. hardeeharhar... another sponsorship gone. Fuck. And the rainbow sticker looks like shit... welcome to what happens when a car isn't washed in months. :( Poor baby.

ORGANIZATIONXIII
08-02-2006, 12:56 AM
hahahaha.....

I was talking about the rainbow sticker

SixSquared
08-02-2006, 01:49 AM
yeah my ex got me that thing... I told her the back windows of del Sols were small.. she didn't believe me for HOW small. On my old del Sol I had a much smaller (like 12" long x 1/4" thick) rainbow wiggle thing. She couldn't find the little one so she got me the big one. I'm gonna get a smaller one for the Sol, cause that one is hella big on the window.. it's like LOOK AT ME! HELLOOOOO I'M A HOMO!!!

2.0civic
08-02-2006, 03:33 AM
get on aim ho

SixSquared
08-02-2006, 03:34 AM
I'm at work bitch

2.0civic
08-02-2006, 03:38 AM
damnit...anyway, i told you bout the chick ive been after for 4 years?? finally happened tuesday!!