PDA

View Full Version : Misc Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act

C22H19N3O4
08-01-2006, 02:17 AM
Keep in mind that the federal Combat Methamphetamine Epidemic Act of 2005 (signed March 9,2006) will go into effect September 30th. What does this mean to the consumer?

-- limits the amount of products containing pseudoephedrine (PSE) a consumer can purchase to 3.6 grams per day and 9 grams per month.
--some of the products include Sudafed,Tylenol Cold, Advil Cold, Benadryl Allergy and Cold and many generic brands.
--You must be at least 18 years old, provide a valid ID, and then sign a logbook with the date, time and amount purchased, DOB, along with your name and address. Big Brother wants to track you. :police:
--shall be dispensed, sold, or distributed only by a licensed pharmacist or a licensed pharmacy technician
--dozens of your favorite allergy and cold remedies will sit in a locked display case or behind the pharmacy counter
--some states are pursuing even stricter restrictions on pseudoephedrine. Oregon mandates patients get prescriptions for meds containing PSE!?
--some pharmacies have already implemented the policy
--violates your privacy?

What does this mean to people in the pharmacy profession?

A HUGE pain in the a$$

Will this curb meth production/use? Not in my opinion.

For more information. (http://www.fda.gov/cder/news/methamphetamine.htm)

tatodotcom
08-01-2006, 02:42 PM
sounds like no good....

1439/2000
08-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Do you only post stuff about prescription drugs on this site? We see the user name, avatar, profile, sig. We get it.

I'm not being an ass but shit, this is a car site and you never talk about cars.

C22H19N3O4
08-01-2006, 07:27 PM
I'm not being an ass but shit

:lmfao:

I requested this section to help and inform members. You don't have to read it. If you have such a problem with non-car related sections then file a complaint. ;)

I know you're not being ass, but I'm willing to bet stupidity runs in your family. :D

BTW, read the religion and news/politics section. :yes:

nunyadamnbiz
08-01-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah this is a huge pain in the ass, they were doing this back in new york when i left...try havin a cold and waiting to show id, them to fill in this info on the log book, you sign, etc....for sure pain in the ass....b.s if ya ask me

Don't vote for a Bush n' a Dick....put the dick in the bush.....

1439/2000
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
:lmfao:

I requested this section to help and inform members. You don't have to read it. If you have such a problem with non-car related sections then file a complaint. ;)

I know you're not being ass, but I'm willing to bet stupidity runs in your family. :D

BTW, read the religion and news/politics section. :yes:

lol

What I'm saying is, who reads this shit? Let me rephrase, who reads this shit and cares?

Stupidity runs in my family? Great, just remember it's the internet. You don't know anything about the person on the other side of the screen.

If I judged you off what you post, I'd think you don't have any friends and had a long pinky nail.

Why the hell would you want to buy more than a normal amount of Tylenol anyway?

C22H19N3O4
08-01-2006, 07:42 PM
lol

What I'm saying is, who reads this shit? Let me rephrase, who reads this shit and cares?

Stupidity runs in my family? Great, just remember it's the internet. You don't know anything about the person on the other side of the screen.

If I judged you off what you post, I'd think you don't have any friends and had a long pinky nail.

Why the hell would you want to buy more than a normal amount of Tylenol anyway?

Save it for another section. Don't litter my post with your idiotic one-liners. Again, if you don't find the information helpful then move on.

Internet or not, your immaturity shines through.

just remember it's the internet. You don't know anything about the person on the other side of the screen.

Is that how you always justify your ignorance?

C22H19N3O4
08-01-2006, 07:47 PM
yeah this is a huge pain in the ass, they were doing this back in new york when i left...try havin a cold and waiting to show id, them to fill in this info on the log book, you sign, etc....for sure pain in the ass....b.s if ya ask me
[/size]

Look behind the new formula meds for the old ones with PSE. Sometimes when they stock the shelves, the old ones aren't pulled off the floor.

---For those of you that have tried the "new formula" remedies"

Does it work as well as your old one?

~The_Duke~
08-04-2006, 07:40 PM
I dont think that this will affect it at all, because all they have to do to get around it is go buy some at one store and then go buy some more at another store and so on and so forth...this wont do a damn thing to slow them down because all of the records will be in seperate locations...the only other way to police this problem would be socialize the medical feild, but that is a very very shitty idea...

St0lenR
08-05-2006, 06:27 AM
DAMN!!!! that means I can't go buy 6 vicks inhalers, engine starter fluid, a shit load of sudafed and some other stuff I might need anymore

DOH!!!

iloveboost
08-05-2006, 07:25 AM
I dont think that this will affect it at all, because all they have to do to get around it is go buy some at one store and then go buy some more at another store and so on and so forth...this wont do a damn thing to slow them down because all of the records will be in seperate locations...the only other way to police this problem would be socialize the medical feild, but that is a very very shitty idea...

Do you honestly think no one has thought about this?

Even if they (pharmacists) didn't join all their info. Drug dealers/Meth lab runners are going to need more of it. They're not going to drive a 15 mile radius to buy more 'ingredients' everytime they want to make more. Not to mention you need to buy it in bulk if you're pushing the stuff big time. They're going to keep shopping where they've always been shopping which in turns throws a red flag and someone gets reported.

The United States has the ability to shoot missles out of the sky with no warning. I think we'll be able to handle someone trying to sneak around buying Sudafed.

How will this affect you? An extra 20 seconds at the counter to show your ID? How often have you had to buy Sudafed or more than one box of Tylenol?

You don't understand how insanely addictive Meth is. I've seen people get hooked from using it once. Drug dealers in Acworth area are notorious for putting it in the marijuana to get people hooked on their stuff and end up with an addiction when they thought they were just smoking a little pot. It's easily one of the most addictive drugs out there.

I saw a 20-21 year old girl that was charged with possession of Marijuana that went to KSU and was a complete and total Meth addict and she swore she's never done any other drugs but Marijuana.

Some people will complain about anything. I'm also sure you'd be singing a different tune if it happened to someone you know or cared about.

Blah, I've typed too much. In the end, it won't affect 99.9999% of the people that are buying these medicines legitamately.