PDA

View Full Version : how much????

FORTHEWIN
07-31-2006, 05:31 PM
will a chip cost me? all together, intallation, programming, everything. i THINK ima go wit giac, bcuz my boy went wit them and i was pleased with his results...any info/advice? BTW i got the bitch lowered(eibach pro line) so next is chip, exhaust, intake, increase boost, advanced timing(maybe), and (maybe) big turbo kit. might skip on the turbo and advanced timing and go with a zex wet 50 shot kit....aw, hell. just lemme know whatcha think

drupason
07-31-2006, 05:38 PM
read the sticky in this forum!

4dmin
07-31-2006, 06:39 PM
will a chip cost me? all together, intallation, programming, everything. i THINK ima go wit giac, bcuz my boy went wit them and i was pleased with his results...any info/advice? BTW i got the bitch lowered(eibach pro line) so next is chip, exhaust, intake, increase boost, advanced timing(maybe), and (maybe) big turbo kit. might skip on the turbo and advanced timing and go with a zex wet 50 shot kit....aw, hell. just lemme know whatcha think

read the sticky for the software advice... i wouldn't suggest messing w/ the timing on the dub and if your going to run nitrous nothing more than 50 shot w/ the software or vw will go boom. dubs aren't that great on nitrous but the motor is good for 300-350whp w/ stock internals.

i would go in this order:

- GIAC x+ software
- dv (evolution motorsports, 007, etc)
- evo intake
- TT downpip w/ hiflo cat
- 2.5" custom exhaust
- abd inlet pipe
- many other things to go from there...

Julio
07-31-2006, 08:03 PM
10k.

Decker1.8t
08-01-2006, 10:44 AM
For Sale: I have a EvoMS CAI and full 2.5" turbo back (downpipe w/ hi-flowcat + catback) exhaust for sale. It's GHL (one of, if not the best) and it has less than 7k miles on it. lemme know if you're interested.

Allstar3.8T
08-01-2006, 11:03 AM
I did an Injen Intake and like it alot also...The main thinngs are chip, DP, and Exhaust. I did a DV way later because my OEM on never crapped out. I did a Greddy hybrid DV/BOV.

rollininstyle2004
08-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I did an Injen Intake and like it alot also...The main thinngs are chip, DP, and Exhaust. I did a DV way later because my OEM on never crapped out. I did a Greddy hybrid DV/BOV.
DV is more preventative then anything else...at a minimum though the 710N valve from the TT225 performs just as good as any of the "big names" Forge, Bailys, etc. and will only run you around $35 from an Audi dealership.

Also buy Decker's stuff GHL makes a great exhaust, they prototyped one for the Passat but never put it into production due to lack of intrest (damn family sedan/wagon owners :doh: ). I wish they would have though...