PDA

View Full Version : Emissions in Georgia and CAN equiped cars

Big J
07-31-2006, 12:48 PM
This could probably be stickied.

All 1996-curent with the exception of the 2 newest model years undergo an OBDII scan emissions test, however cars equiped with a CAN comunications system are unable to communicate with the current emissions equipment/software and will recive a two speed idle test. That's a no load tail pipe test. Now, I know noone would ever remove their converters and fool the factory ECM to prevent an SES or MIL light to pass state emissions tests, but if your car has a CAN system the light doesn't even matter 'cause you're getting a tail pipe test. Just FYI.

mp5o
07-31-2006, 07:48 PM
This could probably be stickied.

All 1996-curent with the exception of the 2 newest model years undergo an OBDII scan emissions test, however cars equiped with a CAN comunications system are unable to communicate with the current emissions equipment/software and will recive a two speed idle test. That's a no load tail pipe test. Now, I know noone would ever remove their converters and fool the factory ECM to prevent an SES or MIL light to pass state emissions tests, but if your car has a CAN system the light doesn't even matter 'cause you're getting a tail pipe test. Just FYI.

The light does matter. If I see a MIL Light on, you fail. No matter what. And if it won't communicate I send you off to have it repaired after I fail you(Unless Im feeling nice that day). Just FYI.