PDA

View Full Version : Misc Training Help

Pher
07-31-2006, 11:24 AM
I am living with my girlfriend's 9 month old Chihuahua and can't seem to get this dog to understand potty training.

Minxie(Jaclyn's Chihuahua) is about to go into heat for her first time yet she still shits inside. I thought it had gotten better until yesterday morning. She was crying in her cage because she had to go to the bathroom... Fantastic! She's learning! As soon as we get downstairs, I open the back door, turn around and she's doing it RIGHT THERE ON THE CARPET!

Now I've tried the tough love each and every time she has had an "accident" but nothing is working. I know we have some pet lovers in here that might know some tricks.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher

devin
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
take her outside more often, and stay outside till she does something and reward her when she does something outside

Wurm
07-31-2006, 11:26 AM
BELT

BTEC
07-31-2006, 11:35 AM
KICK ITS ASS WHILE ITS USING IT, TAKE IT OUTSIDE TO FINISH. WHEN ITS DONE OUTSIDE PAT IT ON THE HEAD. (FUCK A TREAT) TREATS ARE FOR WHEN U GET THE WHOLE THING RIGHT.

SixSquared
07-31-2006, 02:16 PM
I agree with BTEC... Treats are only gonna make the dog A, shit more, and B, become reliant on treats to the point that the only way you'll be able to get the dog to do ANYTHING is with a treat. Reward her with a pat on the head/kind words. Next time you take her out of the kennel, pick her up and take her to the door, and actually put her where she's supposed to do her business. Praise her as she's doing the deed... you'd be surprised how much a dog listens to its surrounds whilst in the position... and you know what position I'm talkin about...

http://www.acclaimimages.com/_gallery/_SM/0013-0410-0918-0549_SM.jpg

LongShot
07-31-2006, 02:22 PM
Well darn if I saw this post first I would have post in here. Oh well thats what copy and paste is for :)

This worked for a puppy.
I started my dog out on news paper. After that its easy.

Its pretty simple. When they start to act like they are going to go or if they start. Say NO in a stern but not too frightening voice. Then pick up the pup and take it to where you want them to go. Then say ok (or something like) Then praise them for doing a good job. Following these step will lead to a quick potty trained dog. Though you may have to modify to the specific pup.

BTEC
07-31-2006, 02:31 PM
Well darn if I saw this post first I would have post in here. Oh well thats what copy and paste is for :)

This worked for a puppy.
I started my dog out on news paper. After that its easy.

Its pretty simple. When they start to act like they are going to go or if they start. Say NO in a stern but not too frightening voice. Then pick up the pup and take it to where you want them to go. Then say ok (or something like) Then praise them for doing a good job. Following these step will lead to a quick potty trained dog. Though you may have to modify to the specific pup.
KICK HIS ASS WHEN HE SHITTING IN THE WRONG PLACE SO HE KNOWS DNT DO IT HERE. RUB HIS HEAD WHEN HE GOES IN THE RIGHT PLACE SO HES LIKE HEY I DNT GET MY ASS KICKED WHEN I GO HEAR SO THIS IS WHERE I BETTER GO FROM NOW ON. COMMON SENSE.

devin
07-31-2006, 02:33 PM
shut up

BTEC
07-31-2006, 02:36 PM
shut up
ILL DEMONSTRATE ON U LITTLE DOGGY.

devin
07-31-2006, 02:37 PM
ILL DEMONSTRATE ON U LITTLE DOGGY.

yeah you can pat my "head" what chew tryin to say??

BTEC
07-31-2006, 03:12 PM
yeah you can pat my "head" what chew tryin to say??
NAW, ILL DEMONSTRATE KICKIN YO ASS LIKE ID DO THE DOG. BUT WORSE BC UR A TAD BIT BIGGER.

devin
07-31-2006, 03:18 PM
NAW, ILL DEMONSTRATE KICKIN YO ASS LIKE ID DO THE DOG. BUT WORSE BC UR A TAD BIT BIGGER.

:screwy: :screwy: :lmfao:

BTEC
07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
:screwy: ? WHATS NEW? :dunno:

devin
07-31-2006, 03:22 PM

fuck dat mayne:police:

kittychick
07-31-2006, 03:42 PM
some dogs take longer than others- simple fact (call and ask a vet if you don't believe me)

why don't you tell us about the dog's routine on a daily basis (you know, what time she wakes up, what time do you wake up, when does she go out, when do you take her out of the cage, when does she eat, when do you eat...)
I'd love to make a suggestion, but need more info on the life of the dog. :) ok?

kittychick
07-31-2006, 03:44 PM
She was crying in her cage because she had to go to the bathroom... Fantastic! She's learning!

what if the dog was crying b/c something hurt? like her tummy, or her bottom from holding it in too long

just something to keep in mind (my dog cries b/c he doesn't want to be in the cage any more) :goodjob:

Julio
07-31-2006, 08:24 PM
9 month? damn.. better get on it soon.

with our chihuahua we started early... fuck newspaper... we got some potty pads.. Found the spots where the little rascal liked to pie and shit and lay it there... thats all it took when he was young.. moving the potty pad closer to the door and soon enough little man learned. We still leave a couple of potty pads out when we at work and for the night, so he uses them when needed, but prefers going outside.. when we are home he starts walking to the door or just jumping on you.. sign to let him outside.

Also, They start walking around really weird.. smelling the floor or carpet and shit.. faster then normal.. thats when you know they have to go, especially the chihuahua's.
we never did crate training .
Treats are always good when they do a good job or when you showing them tricks and stuff..
ALWAYS PRAISE YOUR DOG WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING GOOD AND WHEN THEY DO SOMETHING BAD, LET THEM KNOW, FIRM VOICE... DONT BE SCARED TO LET THEM KNOW WHOS THE LEADER OF THE PACK.

Dogs think as everyone around them as there pack.