PDA

View Full Version : Question for the (ex)waitresses

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2006, 12:11 AM
Me and my complicated or so gf were talking the other, shes a waitress at Taco Mac in the PTC.

GF: She was complaining, that, damn, I need my nails done.
Me: why? their gonna get fucked at work and shit
GF: I'll make more tips with my nails done
Me: a dude is gonna tip you more b/c you have a french manicure?
GF: yes

please explain?

All the times I've ever eaten at a restaurant, I've never actively looked at a waitress and have been, damn, she has nice nails, I'm gonna tip her better.

or is there some "scientific" study that states this? that men unconciously tip well to women, based on underlying characteristics such as nails, perfume, clothing, etc.

Personally, I tip well if she/he is doing their job and are good at it and it does help if shes a looker and atleast "talks" to you

Wurm
07-31-2006, 12:13 AM
not me fuck your fingernails you want more money from me then serve me in the nude

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2006, 12:14 AM
hahaha...

she was DEAD serious..

Wurm
07-31-2006, 12:15 AM
hahaha...

she was DEAD serious..

Thats why she wasting money and it is a taco mac where everyone is to drunk to notice finger nail. Shit they probally think u got nice fingernails anyways since they cant really focus on them

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2006, 12:17 AM
I've never heard of this "concept" until the other day..

I was like, :wtf:

Wurm
07-31-2006, 12:18 AM
yeah pay her no attention she is a waitress lifer

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2006, 12:18 AM
I'm not complaining, she makes good money..

fawk_you
07-31-2006, 12:21 AM
Um... with all prep.... and food carry.... and everything- they are gona get fucked up. HOW YOU GONA LET HER WASTE HER MONEY LIKE THAT! LOL... fuck her nails. You're right- if she's doing a good job, she will get what she deserves. The only ppl to notice are the girls. And I, personally- dont even notice a girls nails. I dont even get mine done, unless I have to for a shoot or a show. heh

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-31-2006, 12:23 AM
she go along with it so you can get some :idb:
haha

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2006, 12:23 AM
I mean, I don't see any of the money.. so I could care less, but then again, I thought it be a waste of money regardless, once your shift starts you mess them up

GTScoob
07-31-2006, 12:39 AM
Damn, I was home this weekend and noticed there was a Taco Mac here in PTC now. Is your "complicated gf or so" working tomorrow? I'm down for another day :idb: :idb:

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-31-2006, 12:41 AM
Damn, I was home this weekend and noticed there was a Taco Mac here in PTC now. Is your "complicated gf or so" working tomorrow? I'm down for another day :idb: :idb:

LIRL..

she's off to my knowledge..

SixSquared
07-31-2006, 12:51 AM
Speaking as someone who has waited tables and bartended with and without acrylic nails, it doesn't make two shits difference whether your nails are natural or fake. The important thing is that they look nice. long nails just get in the way. I would usually just put a coat of clear/slightly shimmery polish on and go with it. Don't let em look all nasty and chewed on or anything and you're fine. tips REALLY get in the way bartending.. dropping bottles and glasses like whoa cause you can't use your whole fingertip for grip, and when grabbing frozen glasses and then flipping/spinning them, you want all the grip you can get!

On the flip side of that, if having her nails done makes her feel better about her appearance and upkeep, which I can understand, then she will pass that good nature on to her tables and will be more pleasant, which can mean bigger tips. No one likes a sourpuss waitress. :D I tend to notice a servers' hands, but only because I was in the same business. If my server has nasty looking hands/fingers/nails, I will not hesitate to ask for another server... If you're in the back chompin on your nails, I sure as hell don't want your paws all over my plates/glasses... k thanks!

Wurm
07-31-2006, 12:52 AM
nah spread the love

5thgcelica
07-31-2006, 05:48 AM
just go ahead..let her get her nails done..and when half of them break off..she'll realize she doesnt need them lol.