PDA

View Full Version : who bought up all the nissan parts?

sebastianHoff
07-30-2006, 09:12 PM
what the hell happened? i went to autozone/advanced today and tried to order parts and they had zero remanufactured bits and a hand full of new stuff. ima have to go to nissan actual to get the rest of my parts. im selling my 13, not worth the hassle anymore.

BTLFED
07-30-2006, 09:29 PM
It's because you own an S13, like the rest of the bandwagon. I have gone to Autozone for parts for my 510 (a radiator hose, and front wheel bearings and seals) and both times they had the stuff IN STOCK. I didn't even have to order the stuff.

If you think modding a car is such a hassle and "not worth it anymore," then maybe you should sell it.....and don't modify anything again. You don't know what a "hassle" is.

Keebs ð¿ð
07-30-2006, 11:41 PM
I thought the whole reason we mod cars was to stand in lines at part stores and wait weeks for ordered parts to come in. I've heard of people modding cars to get high hp/quarter mile times but I thought it was just a myth. Wow I've been mislead this entire time...

Wurm
07-30-2006, 11:42 PM
they always have what i need for my s13 there

2.0civic
07-30-2006, 11:45 PM
what the hell happened? i went to autozone/advanced today and tried to order parts and they had zero remanufactured bits and a hand full of new stuff. ima have to go to nissan actual to get the rest of my parts. im selling my 13, not worth the hassle anymore.

its not autozone/advanced...it is either or. if you went both places, then they must just be outta shit but if you went to one, maybe that one store didnt have it but you can get it like next day. hassle my ass....

Wurm
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
maybe its cause u live on the northside buahhahaha

sebastianHoff
07-31-2006, 01:51 PM
see thats what i thought, but advanced napa and autozone called the supplier and they didnt even have them. they've got the new shit, but i can go to nissan and get it cheaper.

do not lump me in with the bandwagoners (yeah i know its not a word). i will have owned my 14 for 4yrs this september and done 3 motor swaps on that car as i could afford something better. what pisses me off is i can remember when the parts were sitting on the shelves covered with dust. now i've got to go to nissan to buy parts for a 13 that cost me less than a new brake caliper. my 13 is a good car, but seriously new dealer parts.

1439/2000
07-31-2006, 02:10 PM
All you need to fix an s13 is jb weld and primer. Try the autozone in Canton. I saw some there.

Keebs ð¿ð
07-31-2006, 03:39 PM
It's pretty much cheaper to buy a s13 and use it as a parts car than it is to buy parts for one

BTLFED
07-31-2006, 05:28 PM
see thats what i thought, but advanced napa and autozone called the supplier and they didnt even have them. they've got the new shit, but i can go to nissan and get it cheaper.

do not lump me in with the bandwagoners (yeah i know its not a word). i will have owned my 14 for 4yrs this september and done 3 motor swaps on that car as i could afford something better. what pisses me off is i can remember when the parts were sitting on the shelves covered with dust. now i've got to go to nissan to buy parts for a 13 that cost me less than a new brake caliper. my 13 is a good car, but seriously new dealer parts.

Four years ay? Wow, who am I to judge you then, seeing as I have owned my 510 longer than that, and have owned my CRX for over 10 years.

Like I said, if you are sooo upset about the "hassle" as you call it, then sell it. Simple as that. Then try and find body parts for a 510. You will wish you still had your S13. My 510, on the other hand, will be with me till I die, no matter how hard it is to find parts.

EmotorsportsE
07-31-2006, 11:15 PM
Hey BTLFED, got any pics of your 510, it's hard as hell to find them nowadays.

E

wantboost
08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
^^i'm am still looking for one. I am taking a trip out to cali pretty soon and will hopefully bring one back. http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/classifieds_cfs.shtml

SpecV_Scott
08-01-2006, 06:38 PM
Just be glad you guys live in/near Atlanta...where there are tons of parts distributors and warehouses. In Augusta...we usually have to wait for everything to be trucked in from ATL.

BTLFED
08-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey BTLFED, got any pics of your 510, it's hard as hell to find them nowadays.

E

Not really. Its nothing to look at right now, but in a week or two me and b@d @pple are going to attack the body and get all the rust out and it sprayed flat black. It even has a gay ass aftermarket sunroof that leaks that we are hopefully going to close up. Then I just have to figure out what engine I want to put in it. I am tired of fucking with dual sidedrafts.

BTLFED
08-02-2006, 05:05 PM
^^i'm am still looking for one. I am taking a trip out to cali pretty soon and will hopefully bring one back. http://www.dimequarterly.tierranet.com/classifieds_cfs.shtml

That is a pretty cool wagon. I hope you get it. :goodjob:

And don't think that I can't see the lame post you deleted.

wantboost
08-02-2006, 05:44 PM
It was lame, that is why i deleted it.

HalfBaked
08-03-2006, 02:19 PM
Btlfed, when did the bandwagon for the 240 start?

What a lame post.

wantboost
08-04-2006, 04:14 PM
^lolol