PDA

View Full Version : 3g question about tranny

Johnny4
07-30-2006, 03:22 PM
Hey guys (or girls) I just got my eclipse in January, I heard someone in the parts house discussing some transmission oil. I tried searching for it but no hits. Does that oil need to be changed or upgraded. Or does it work off of the motor oil chambers or whatever you wanna call it. Cuz i am slowy but surely trying to keep her running good and she is about to hit the 100 thousand mile marker. Let me know if there is something i should do about that. thanks people.

3kgtdrvr
07-30-2006, 06:57 PM
yes it needs to be changed especially if its an auto.

Johnny4
07-30-2006, 08:20 PM
no actually its a five speed manual. where do i need to put the oil in at then... i know a little bit about cars but i am still learning especially these newer cars.

3kgtdrvr
07-31-2006, 06:50 PM
ive never worked on a 3rd gen eclipse but there should be a hole near the bottom of the transaxle to drain it out and one on the side somewhere to fill it up and once it starts to drip out then its full. hope that helps some.

Johnny4
07-31-2006, 08:04 PM
yes thanks i will attempt to find it next free time i have to mess with it. thanks again if i can help some how just hit me up. laters

modaddy718
02-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Theres a little white cap towards the back right part of the engine compartment, all the way in the back, that is for the tranny oil. The best thing to put in there is BG syncro shift its expensive but it makes changing gears feel like butter.

Hardline
05-04-2007, 09:32 PM
go to club3g.com. they have an online service manual there in their forums, search for it