PDA

View Full Version : Removing 94 Accord Front Bumper???

GeorgiaPeach
07-29-2006, 10:49 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to remove the front bumper from my car to install some headlights i just bought. Can anyone help me out? Every place i've been to wants to charge me like $175-$200 to do this so i'm gonna maybe try my hand at it. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great. thanks.

2.0civic
07-29-2006, 10:51 PM
you have to remove the bumper to put in headlights??

EmminoDaGreat
07-29-2006, 10:56 PM
ya for accords you do, there are (or should be) two bolts holding in each headlight underneath the bumper... but all you have to do to take it off is take all the ten millimeter bolts out and all the plastic clip shits... and alittle tug, also there should be some philips head screws holding it on in the wheel well..

GeorgiaPeach
07-29-2006, 11:12 PM
Well, I have an aftermarket front bumper but its welded to the stock bumper... sounds confusing i know. So i was thinking it would be harder to do b/c there's more bumper in the way. I talked to a couple of people that would do it for me but i kinda wanna see if i could do it myself. Not sure yet. So i'm asking around to see if i can get some kinda idea as to what i'm in for. :D

SixSquared
07-30-2006, 05:35 AM
take pics... welding on plastic sounds interesting ;)

GeorgiaPeach
07-30-2006, 11:41 AM
Just got my car fixed about a couple of weeks ago cuz some idiot hit my car in a parking lot and ripped the front bumper off. The repair shop was telling me about the way my bumper was put together... stock bumper with plastic aftermarket stillen lip welded together. they were telling me that it was pretty hard to weld them together. don't have pics of anything other than what it looks like now. i mean the front bumper looks like one whole piece. when i got my car it had that front kit on it so i always assumed that it was one whole piece.

scarcustoms
07-31-2006, 10:11 PM
George Meyers
Southern Car Customs Inc
314 Mall Blvd
Savannah GA 31406
(912) 961-9222

First pop out the corner lenses.
Second remove the bolts or screws that are located at the top of the wheel wells they are probably bolts 10mm. Usually grey or silver sometimes they are phillips screws.

Third look behind the bumper cover you will see the actual bumper support. There are 2 braces which are attached to the core support. You will need to then loosen 2 - 4 bolts on these braces the bumper will then slide either up or down and unlock and slide off.

Note: there maybe a few clips underneath the corner lenses.

The bumper cover is almost impossible to remove with out doing the above instructions b/c there are clips underneath the head lights which can not be reached without taking it off the car first.

If you need more detailed and specific info call me directly at my shop (912) 961-9222.

www.SouthernCarCustoms.com
www.GetSwapped.com
www.SCCAUTOFEST.com

an0therh22
07-31-2006, 11:07 PM
the way i do it is take off the whole reinforcment itself that it comes out all in one peice to me thats the easiest way let me know how it goes

speedminded
08-01-2006, 06:32 AM
so the lip is molded to the bumper? That shouldn't effect removing the bumper at all. Wait, did i just hear Stillen and '94 Accord in the same thread? :thinking: ...I've just lost all respect for the Steve Millen name.

Greddy through Stillen...
http://www.stillen.com/product_images/101080_f.jpg

silver
08-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Yeah I got some pretty clouded headlights, so I bought some new ones and having to remove the bumper to install them is the reason they are still sitting in my trunk, lol

GeorgiaPeach
08-01-2006, 08:02 AM
Thanks for your help scarcustoms and anO. :goodjob: Oh, and speedminded... whats SO bad about having a stillen front lip on an accord? I'm curious to know why it bothers you so much to actually write it in my thread? lol. :screwy: Anyways, thanks for your help scarcustoms... i'll call ya if i have any questions. :D

speedminded
08-01-2006, 08:42 AM
Yeah I got some pretty clouded headlights, so I bought some new ones and having to remove the bumper to install them is the reason they are still sitting in my trunk, lolInside or outside? There's a magic solution to fix that....

speedminded
08-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks for your help scarcustoms and anO. :goodjob: Oh, and speedminded... whats SO bad about having a stillen front lip on an accord? I'm curious to know why it bothers you so much to actually write it in my thread? lol. :screwy: Anyways, thanks for your help scarcustoms... i'll call ya if i have any questions. :DYou realllly wanna know :tongue: ....First off, let's note i've personally owned honda's for 10 years...there's nothing against them.

Second, Steve Millen was one of the greatest GP/GTP/GTS drivers in the 80's and 90's but no where in his 30+ years of racing was he ever in a Honda...never ever. He's raced everything from jaguar's to mini trucks to porsche's to rally ford's but his name will always be synonymous with Nissan.

Now if they actually made the products for all the vehicles they sell parts for it may be a differant story, but they just resell the parts. Nopi, Summit, JC Whitney, etc. are parts reseller's and i'm disappointed that a company that was started with an extremely solid background and an even better future is no better than anyone else :2cents:

That answer your question? :D :burnout:

GeorgiaPeach
08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Good to know... but in my opinion, if it looks good, who cares what the brand is. :2cents: But thats nice that you know so much background about steve millen.

speedminded
08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Good to know... but in my opinion, if it looks good, who cares what the brand is. :2cents: But thats nice that you know so much background about steve millen.i'm sure it looks good! i'm just saying i was dissapointed in stillen because they are just out to make money instead of offer their own quality parts that they originally set out to do.

GeorgiaPeach
08-02-2006, 05:45 PM
gotcha. thought you were saying stillen would look like shit on accords. :rolleyes: