PDA

View Full Version : My integra is turning over but wont crank what might be my problem?

-S Double C-
07-29-2006, 10:48 PM
Well ive been working on my project car for about 2 weeks. It's a 95 integra rs that was auto. The car hasnt been driven in over a year. I bought another 98 integra for parts and so id have the stuff needed to change over the 95 to a manual. Well after about 2 days i got everything changed over. Friday i put in the swap. It's a obd1 gsr swap that i had in my daily driven DA. The motor was running perfectly fine before the swap that same day. After installing the swap my car wouldnt turn over at all but i found some info on H-T that stated i had to wire these two wires together that use to run to the auto shifter. So i wired them together and it started turning over and over but wouldnt crank. So i checked for spark and fuel and everything. Then i realize i wasnt getting fuel and the fuel pump wasnt cutting on. So i replaced it with a new one and now the fuel pump works and im getting fuel and spark but the car is still just turning over and over. I know it has compression and the timing wasnt touched in any way during the swap. I pulled it out of a car that i drove that day and put it into a different chassis. Any ideas on what my problem might be? I checked the fuses under the dash and they were fine. I really need to get the car running by Monday it's my only way of going and where i work is a 21 mile drive.

EmminoDaGreat
07-29-2006, 10:58 PM
do you have the firing order right? is it getting air? and you said its getting fuel and spark so thats the other two...

2.0civic
07-29-2006, 11:00 PM
main fuel relay?? same kinda shit happened in my old hatch..

-S Double C-
07-29-2006, 11:33 PM
main fuel relay?? same kinda shit happened in my old hatch..
where is that located...im getting fuel though so it shouldnt be that.

-S Double C-
07-29-2006, 11:34 PM
do you have the firing order right? is it getting air? and you said its getting fuel and spark so thats the other two...

firing order is fine....im sure it's getting air...like i said i pulled it out of a car that i drove that ran fine that day..lol and swaped it the same day as well.

§treet_§peed
07-29-2006, 11:49 PM
it's a Honda....plain and simple, there's your problem.....

J/K i drive a Honda too....:D

-S Double C-
07-29-2006, 11:52 PM
this thread isnt for jokes ive got to get this problem fixed...asap

2.0civic
07-30-2006, 12:01 AM
my main relay was under my dash on the left. yours could be there or under the hood.

silversol
07-30-2006, 12:06 AM
any cels

-S Double C-
07-30-2006, 12:18 AM
the CEL light isnt even coming on...i have a 98 gauge cluster... and i had to rewire everything going to it...im not sure if it's even wired up but i believe it is.

-S Double C-
07-30-2006, 12:20 AM
my main relay was under my dash on the left. yours could be there or under the hood.

well hell if it was the fuel relay i wouldnt be getting fuel though.

§treet_§peed
07-30-2006, 12:25 AM
i was just trying to get a luahg out of you to make you feel a little bit better..but o well....my friend had the sorta same probablem with is 1st gen eclipse..ended up being that the computer was messed up..he got another one out of a car in a junkyard and it cranked right up..but after that i don't know if it was just in his case, but it warped a valve after he let it run for a few minutues.
his car wasn't cranked in like a year also, so i don't know is something else was messed up before or what...just saying....

-S Double C-
07-30-2006, 12:52 AM
i was just trying to get a luahg out of you to make you feel a little bit better..but o well....my friend had the sorta same probablem with is 1st gen eclipse..ended up being that the computer was messed up..he got another one out of a car in a junkyard and it cranked right up..but after that i don't know if it was just in his case, but it warped a valve after he let it run for a few minutues.
his car wasn't cranked in like a year also, so i don't know is something else was messed up before or what...just saying....

i did laugh but still thats beside the point. ive swaped computers and distributors. I have no clue if something was wrong before i got it. I know that is didnt have the engine and thats about it.

§treet_§peed
07-30-2006, 12:58 AM
hmmm.. other than that..from not being able to hear it, that's all that comes to my mind...sorry yo...

2.2L
07-30-2006, 01:10 AM
dizzy spark plug and wires?

-S Double C-
07-30-2006, 01:45 AM
its all fairly new like 2000 miles...and im getting spark all the way across the board in every cylinder.

-S Double C-
07-30-2006, 12:47 PM
fuck i still cant figure out why it wont crank i guess somthing in the wirirng ...im gonna just replace the WHOLE underdash harness that runs under the dash to fuses boxes and out through the firewall. With the harness out of my old eg.

§treet_§peed
07-30-2006, 05:27 PM
^^ hope that works for you man....

Vteckidd
07-30-2006, 05:31 PM
its a ground.

If your not getting ANY CEL whatsoever, its becaue the ECU isnt getting any power, which means its a GROUND wire or a power wire broken. YOu can try hotwiring the ECU to a power source off the battery.

When you turn the car on, listen for the main relay to CLICK, if it doesnt, thats your problem.

make sure the car is parking.

its sounding like a wiring issue

§treet_§peed
07-30-2006, 05:33 PM
There you go! Got the info from Mike himself. :D :goodjob:

Wurm
07-30-2006, 05:34 PM
its a ground.

If your not getting ANY CEL whatsoever, its becaue the ECU isnt getting any power, which means its a GROUND wire or a power wire broken. YOu can try hotwiring the ECU to a power source off the battery.

When you turn the car on, listen for the main relay to CLICK, if it doesnt, thats your problem.

make sure the car is parking.

its sounding like a wiring issue

:goodjob:

-S Double C-
08-09-2006, 11:00 PM
well the problem was i wasnt paying attention and put my dizzy in backwards...my car runs great but none of the gauge cluster works...no CEL,speedo, no gas, temp, rpms only thing working is the dash lights when i turn them on.