PDA

View Full Version : Tune -up

Hektik
07-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Ok guys kind of a noob question.

but what all should i do for a general tune up and what works best . I have a 96 Integra LS. i want to do the oil change. im using Mobil 1 full synthetic 5w-30( not the extended life ) and a pure one oil filter. are these good choices. my motor is pretty much stock exept for intake and exhaust. also what are good spark plugs and wires to use. the motor has about 90k miles. :goodjob:
thanx

Wurm
07-28-2006, 11:40 AM
have you ever used fully synthetic before

BTEC
07-28-2006, 11:46 AM
GET SOME NGK PLUGS AND WIRES, NOTHING ELSE.
CHANGE UR COOLANT, TRANNY FLIUD (3 QTS OF 10W 30 OIL)
CHECK UR BELTS

Hektik
07-28-2006, 11:57 AM
have you ever used fully synthetic before

yea ive been running it for about 2 years now. i was mostly wondering what brands people prefer on the oil.

GET SOME NGK PLUGS AND WIRES, NOTHING ELSE.
CHANGE UR COOLANT, TRANNY FLIUD (3 QTS OF 10W 30 OIL)
CHECK UR BELTS

just flushed the coolant 6 months ago- how often shoud i flush it out?
i also changed the tranny fluid about 10k miles ago but i used hoda spec tranny fluid or Honda MTF.is there a difference with the 10w-30 or should i just keep the oem stuff. thanx

also what about the fuel filter should i change that its been a while i think i should hmmmmm seems like i just answered my own question .

thanx alot guys

Wurm
07-28-2006, 11:59 AM
yeah i run mobile 1 also

BTEC
07-28-2006, 12:19 PM
COOLANT SHOULD BE CHANGED EVERY 30K
UR TRANNY FLUID IS FINE, ID LEAVE THE HONDA STUFF IN THERE.
FUEL FILTER SHOULD BE CHANGED EVERY 15K IF I REMEMEBER CORRECTLY

IM TRYING TO REMEMBER ALL THE SERVICE INTERVAL SHIT FROM WHEN I USED TO WRK ON CARS. DO U HAVE A OWNERS MANUAL?

Hektik
07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
COOLANT SHOULD BE CHANGED EVERY 30K
UR TRANNY FLUID IS FINE, ID LEAVE THE HONDA STUFF IN THERE.
FUEL FILTER SHOULD BE CHANGED EVERY 15K IF I REMEMEBER CORRECTLY

IM TRYING TO REMEMBER ALL THE SERVICE INTERVAL SHIT FROM WHEN I USED TO WRK ON CARS. DO U HAVE A OWNERS MANUAL?

15k damn i definately need a new fuel filter lol

yea i have the service manual.

i was wondering tho what are some good brands on stuff.
also ive heard alot about the sea foam but im kinda sketchy to use it ive heard it dries out ur gaskets, has anyone used and how do u use it :goodjob:

BTEC
07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
15k damn i definately need a new fuel filter lol

yea i have the service manual.

i was wondering tho what are some good brands on stuff.
also ive heard alot about the sea foam but im kinda sketchy to use it ive heard it dries out ur gaskets, has anyone used and how do u use it :goodjob:
MOBIL IS GOOD OIL
NGK PLUGS AND WIRES ARE THE BEST IMO.
DO NOT USE BOSCH PLUGS!!!!!!!!!
AS FOR FUEL FILTER IVE USED HONDA AND NAPA AND HAD NO PROBS WITH EITHER.

IVE HEARD OF SEA FOAM BUT I DNT REMEMBER WHAT ITS FOR.

typerek
07-29-2006, 08:52 PM
first of all if the tranny is good i would only use honda mtf but if it's grinding or anything i would swith to 20/50 full synthetic since it's so hot here you can use that thick. my b16 trany grinded 3 gears and i switched to that and it was like butter. second of all i only use honda filters or if you're a big baller the jdm hamp filter. i also use royal purpal oil. good shit the only ploace i ever see it is sometimes pep boys or o'reillys. and ngk plugs are the best and i like my knology wires it was worth the 175 dollars for them and the extra clutter for the grounds.

typerek
07-29-2006, 08:54 PM
oh yeah and if you do use synthetic in your tranny let it warm up before you drive.

EmminoDaGreat
07-29-2006, 10:24 PM
i dont really see the point in paying 175 $ for nology wires when they are a part that needs to be replaced every so many miles... just my opinion.

Hektik
07-29-2006, 10:40 PM
first of all if the tranny is good i would only use honda mtf but if it's grinding or anything i would swith to 20/50 full synthetic since it's so hot here you can use that thick. my b16 trany grinded 3 gears and i switched to that and it was like butter. second of all i only use honda filters or if you're a big baller the jdm hamp filter. i also use royal purpal oil. good shit the only ploace i ever see it is sometimes pep boys or o'reillys. and ngk plugs are the best and i like my knology wires it was worth the 175 dollars for them and the extra clutter for the grounds.

thanx for al the info. My tranny grinds into third at high RPM's so i might switch to the 20w-50. preciate it . :goodjob: