PDA

View Full Version : CF Cards?

Pher
07-28-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm in need of something a bit bigger than my 256 card. I was doing some research on Kingston and SanDisk's cards and have found some people that run into compatibility problems with them.

What do you guys run? Have any of you purchased a "generic" card and had luck with it?
Is there really much of a difference between SanDisk (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820171103) cards and SanDisk Ultra II (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820171104R) cards?

Thanks for shedding some light onto this topic for me.

Pher

Nemesis
07-28-2006, 11:40 AM
Ive ran all kinds from Generic SanDisk to High end UltraIIIs which I use now.

The only time I notice a difference is when Im transferring hundreds of RAW files from like a wedding. The transfer is quicker. Also when shooting at high speeds the buffer clears quicker so you can shoot more.

But for regular snap shots and car photoshoots a generic lo speed would be just fine.

brads94accord
07-28-2006, 12:00 PM
I have a 512 sandisk ULTRAII i believe in my rebel xt and it works pretty good, i havent had any problems w/ it..although when i switched from my 3.2 point and shoot samsung digital camera to my cannon A85 point and shoot w/ some crappy 128 card the cannon says some of the files were corrupted.

Pher
07-28-2006, 12:34 PM
Ive ran all kinds from Generic SanDisk to High end UltraIIIs which I use now.

The only time I notice a difference is when Im transferring hundreds of RAW files from like a wedding. The transfer is quicker. Also when shooting at high speeds the buffer clears quicker so you can shoot more.

But for regular snap shots and car photoshoots a generic lo speed would be just fine.
I will be shooting a wedding in September so I'm going to need something that can rapidly shoot with my Rebel. My question is can my camera keep up with a high end card such as the Ultra III or will an Ultra II pretty much max out my camera's capabilities.

Thanks again for the input gang.

Nemesis
07-28-2006, 12:39 PM
I will be shooting a wedding in September so I'm going to need something that can rapidly shoot with my Rebel. My question is can my camera keep up with a high end card such as the Ultra III or will an Ultra II pretty much max out my camera's capabilities.

Thanks again for the input gang.

At the last wedding I shot I carried 6GB's of cards and a 40GB pocket drive.

Your Rebel should be fine with an Ultra III and def an Ultra II

Is this your first wedding?

brads94accord
07-28-2006, 12:46 PM
my ultraII keeps up great...i took some really good action shots at the beach last week of my little sis doing some backhandsprings...it was in sport mode and i was just holding down the shutter button and the card had no problem keeping up w/ the camera.

Pher
07-28-2006, 04:52 PM
Is this your first wedding?
Yes it is. Why, are you offering tips?

my ultraII keeps up great...i took some really good action shots at the beach last week of my little sis doing some backhandsprings...it was in sport mode and i was just holding down the shutter button and the card had no problem keeping up w/ the camera.

What size are you using and where did you buy it?

Boneswiss
07-29-2006, 05:00 PM
Good luck with the first wedding!