PDA

View Full Version : my sons 1st car

2000gt21
07-27-2006, 09:52 PM
goin to miami tomorrow to pick it up. just needs a little tlc to get it back show shape. he is saving for lambo doors if anyone could help him out with a good set. he will be 16 in dec. not a bad ride for a 16 yr old. just need front and rear repainted. let him know what ya think. ken
pic of show shape and as it is now.

2.0civic
07-27-2006, 09:54 PM
i personally think thats too much car for a 16 year old to start out with (unless hes HONESTLY earning it)

GsrTurbo320
07-27-2006, 09:54 PM
how much you payin for this ride?

2000gt21
07-27-2006, 09:56 PM
he paid for it. he works. plus its a 4 cyl auto. it was 4 grand

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 12:34 AM
nice car dad

blacknightteg
07-28-2006, 12:42 AM
damn

Scrappy
07-28-2006, 12:48 AM
i agree, even if he pays for it it is too much even maintence wise for a 16 year old, hopefully he keeps it up to par.

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 02:40 AM
Just think about the Insurance for a 16 Year old + its a 2 Door

YokotaS13
07-28-2006, 05:13 AM
is it a GS or a GST or GSX

i think its butt ass ugly, and a DSM shouldnt have a bodykit.

But its a ncie car to start with if its a GS, if its a GST, i hope you got the cash for the tickets
and please no lambo doors

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 05:35 AM

That thing is HOT!:goodjob: I hope he keeps it clean .
*Blitz body-kit looks awsome on a DSM*

Halfwit
07-28-2006, 06:04 AM
i think if your son wants a show car he should build it himself instead of painting it and saying "yeah its my show car"

he didnt build it so it will never even rly be his.

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 06:11 AM
Good lookin DSM! I will never own one again (due to my crappy experience with one) Luck of the draw I guess... Anyway good lookin car and :welcome: to IA!

YokotaS13
07-28-2006, 06:50 AM
That thing is HOT!:goodjob: I hope he keeps it clean .
*Blitz body-kit looks awsome on a DSM*
Say that on dsmtuners.com

and get flamed

DSM is a performance car, not a rice car...it isnta honda

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 06:55 AM

and get flamed

Good point! But you know ever since F&F didn't you know that the "Blitz" kit is "THE BODYKIT" to have on your DSM? LoL on the real though... Bomex looks freakin sick on these cars.

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 06:56 AM

and get flamed

^ That's my opinion!!! i dont care what the dsmtuner's say. By the i AINT NO RICER and i dont drive a HONDA, so dont start with that.

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 06:57 AM
ROFL it's all good bro opinions are like elbows and assholes everyone has some ;)

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:07 AM
LMAO Allshow97 nothing more funnier when a ricer like you talks smack and doesn't bring the shit on the street.

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 07:09 AM
LoL Rice huh? That's funny, you don't know me from old Joe down the street. You have never seen me nor seen my car. The only fuckin rice I am sportin is the shit that fell from General Tsu's chicken I was eatin the other day goin down the road.

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:11 AM
WTF You make no sense at all man, Thats right your damn rite I haven't seen your cars or do I want to becuase I know what you got is just a bone stock engine and a big mouth

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 07:12 AM
:lmfao:

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:13 AM

and get flamed

WTF are you talking about just becuase DSM has its turbo comes bone stock and its fast..... Find the meaning of ricer before you talk smack

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 07:13 AM
LoL Rice huh? That's funny, you don't know me from old Joe down the street. You have never seen me nor seen my car. The only fuckin rice I am sportin is the shit that fell from General Tsu's chicken I was eatin the other day goin down the road.

Eating and driving is not a good thing...

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 07:14 AM
LoL this is for real getting :gay: It's all good... I get a kick out of this shit. I know what I run, my peeps know what I run... Sit there in front of your monitor and make all the assumptions you want. But just FYI!

ASSUME = To make an Ass out of you and me both.

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:14 AM

LMAO :lmfao:

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 07:16 AM

Well sometimes you gotta make due with what ya got... You know like when you get off of work at 4 and have to be at school by 5 and you live an hour away... So yeah that's the only time I eat in the car. It can be challenging at times ;)

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:16 AM
LoL this is for real getting :gay: It's all good... I get a kick out of this shit. I know what I run, my peeps know what I run... Sit there in front of your monitor and make all the assumptions you want. But just FYI!

w/e mr.showman 1997 you aint got shit to show on that lude and who are you people your dad mom and the rest of the family, Man you actually think you got shit.

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:18 AM
AllShow do you sing while you drive

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 07:18 AM

Dont jack some1's thread...This is about a 16yr old kid that just got his new ride and not about your PRELUDE and what u have under the hood.:bump:

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Dont jack some1's thread...This is about a 16yr old kid that just got his new ride and not about your PRELUDE and what u have under the hood.:bump:

Good point sorry bout the thread hijacking! Back on topic. Nice car, not my cup of tea but if he likes it I say go for it!

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:21 AM
Allshow please dont make this any harder as it seems man I dont think anyone here want to hear what you got under your prelude, Somone made this Thread to get few advices not to hear you Talkin Smack

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 07:22 AM
I really like that car, i wish i had something like that when i was 16:D

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Allshow please dont make this any harder as it seems man I dont think anyone here want to hear what you got under your prelude, Somone made this Thread to get few advices not to hear you Talkin Smack

It's OK dude...take it easy:cheers:

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 07:27 AM
So what trim level is this DSM? RS, GS, GST, GSX? Just Curious either way there is alot of potential tuning side. Like Yokota said they are performance cars and can make some serious power. If he is gonna go headfirst into the whole DSM scene he may want to look into http://www.gadsm.com I too wish my parents would have gotten me something that nice when I was 16

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Well Allshow you can't really tell what Trim that is but it can be anything such from an RS,GS and others.

Allshow97
07-28-2006, 07:31 AM
I know we can't tell for the pictures. The question was for the purchaser. I had a GS about 2 years ago was a good car for the most part til the damn engine slung a rod on the way back from orlando on my birthday 2 years ago. (That's why I said I wouldn't own one again in my first post ;) )

4dmin
07-28-2006, 07:31 AM
SHOW THE MAN SOME RESPECT. DON'T TELL ME ANY OF YOU DICKS WOULDN'T WANT THAT AT 16... MY CAR AT 16 WAS A TAN/TAN FORD TEMPO :lmao:

NICE RIDE FOR A HIGHSCHOOL, JUST KEEP A CLOSE EYE SO HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING DUMB IN IT :goodjob:

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
Paul that was back in the day ROFL

N/A EK
07-28-2006, 07:34 AM
is it a GS or a GST or GSX

I'm wondering what you where driving at the ago of 16?:???:

Nopaintsls
07-28-2006, 09:01 AM
SHOW THE MAN SOME RESPECT. DON'T TELL ME ANY OF YOU DICKS WOULDN'T WANT THAT AT 16... MY CAR AT 16 WAS A TAN/TAN FORD TEMPO :lmao:

NICE RIDE FOR A HIGHSCHOOL, JUST KEEP A CLOSE EYE SO HE DOESN'T DO ANYTHING DUMB IN IT :goodjob:

I agree.... that shit looks nice! :goodjob: who cares about going fast :rolleyes:

Leisa
07-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Man, yall are some haters!!! I think its a nice car to get his son, evidently he thinks he responsible enough to handle it otherwise he probably wouldn't be buying it.... Give the guy some slack!!! :tongue1:

ctzfinest18
07-28-2006, 10:05 AM
yea i say nice ride man an watch out for thoe envious ass highschool punks

RedGTS
07-28-2006, 10:20 AM
This "dad" wants our opinion on a car that he already bought for his kid....WGAF

Personally I think that car is riced out ORANGE for christ sake

A 16 year old KID will wreck that car or do something stupid .....GST or not (he'll think its fast)

Nitro
07-28-2006, 11:14 AM
its sad that u kids & some adults on here don't know a fucking thing about respect......bunch of asshats.......this is a grown ass man & u guys are critisizing (sp) about his decisions for his son.......who i know for a fact is responsible enough to handle this ride & do the right thing....his pops don't play that anyway!!! Ken the ride looks good man.....like u said with a little work & some luv also...his own touches....it will be a great project.

2000gt21
07-28-2006, 11:27 AM
look i appreciate all the opinions good and bad. he works for his ride and he has beens racing karts for years and has respect for speed and what it can do. but this is a stock gs 4cyl. thats why i bought it. we got rid of my 95 gt and my 88 gt drag car, so he knows this car isnt fast.i know all that matters is if he likes it. i was just posting it up. thanks for the replys good and bad. im not one to argue bout a car. it will be "his" one day. he is saving now for lambo kit and to redo the paint with a different scheme. this is just a start. he is also color coordinating his pocket bike to match which will be cool. so thanks and i love all yall even the haters! thanks nitro see ya in elite forum.

RBpoweredSileighty
07-28-2006, 11:30 AM
ill take the chick, cool car for you're son tho...

SL33P3R
07-28-2006, 11:31 AM
People didnt think I could handle my car when I got it

saying "Your gonna wreck it" blah blah

Its a nice car, i havent read the whole thread, so i dont knwo if its a GST or GSX or either but Id say its a nice car for your son

I dont think its too fast for his first car

Mine isnt, I just respect the power, im not a "show off" around town or anything like that. but nice car for your sons first

-Tayor

SL33P3R
07-28-2006, 11:33 AM
look i appreciate all the opinions good and bad. he works for his ride and he has beens racing karts for years and has respect for speed and what it can do. but this is a stock gs 4cyl. thats why i bought it. we got rid of my 95 gt and my 88 gt drag car, so he knows this car isnt fast.i know all that matters is if he likes it. i was just posting it up. thanks for the replys good and bad. im not one to argue bout a car. it will be "his" one day. he is saving now for lambo kit and to redo the paint with a different scheme. this is just a start. he is also color coordinating his pocket bike to match which will be cool. so thanks and i love all yall even the haters! thanks nitro see ya in elite forum.

If he redoes the paint scheme, please make it ONE color and not orange:no: :cry:

2000gt21
07-28-2006, 11:41 AM
he likes the color. he is a big texas longhorn fan and loves orange so it may end up solid orange. the interior is wrapped in orange and black also. not my choice of color either but he will drive it. i have the pretty blue 2000 gt to drive and is much faster!lol

also if some of you guys are trying to get me to flame on ya just give it up. i dont play internet games and cuss people out. we love the Lord and i wont stoop to that level. like i said opinions are unique like people. to each his own. so list your opinion as you wish but stop hating cause it isnt worth it. like i said, we love everybody.

Hektik
07-28-2006, 11:48 AM
I dont uersdtand why people say thats tom much car for ur son. its only and AUTO and it cost 4g's how in the hell is that TO MUCH CAR. stop hatin cause u didnt have a decent car at 16. man my first car was an 87 plymouth sundance. i would have loved to have a car like this. i wouldnt purchase it now becasue its not my style but im sure plenty of people wouldnt purchase my car either. TO EACH HIS OWN. if the kid likes it and has worked for it or will repay for it than who are we to say ITS TO MUCH CAR.

to 2000gt21 g'l with car hope u dont have anyproblems . i had one and it ran til 234,000 miles before i blew the tranny.

SL33P3R
07-28-2006, 12:02 PM
^^ Agreed

But ya, I think its deff not too fast for a first car. But GL to you and yours son with it

Are yall gonna come out to any meets? Varsity, etc.?

-Taylor

Nemesis
07-28-2006, 12:13 PM
Congrats to your son. I would have loved to have had that as my car back then. Of course my tastes were different too though. Definitly not my style now.

Anyone that says a 4 banger GS eclipse is too much car, sure sets their standards LOW LOL

ct9a gsr
07-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Your son is gonna endure a lot of verbal abuse from people while driving that car around...

Don't get me wrong, when I was 16, I though that stuff was cool... but it's the 21st century now. =D

Nemesis
07-28-2006, 12:32 PM
Your son is gonna endure a lot of verbal abuse from people while driving that car around...

Don't get me wrong, when I was 16, I though that stuff was cool... but it's the 21st century now. =D

Youd be suprised man, I think there a good bit of folks that could take a liking to that car. Its not lime green and the color scheme isnt completely ridiculous. Take the stickers off and LEAVE IT WINGLESS, and its not half bad, and if the paint stays in tip top shape, it could be a pretty nice show contender.

Nitro
07-28-2006, 01:05 PM
Youd be suprised man, I think there a good bit of folks that could take a liking to that car. Its not lime green and the color scheme isnt completely ridiculous. Take the stickers off and LEAVE IT WINGLESS, and its not half bad, and if the paint stays in tip top shape, it could be a pretty nice show contender.

nuff said there George :goodjob:

8bangin302
07-28-2006, 01:06 PM
daaaaaaaaaannnnngg i wished that was my first car..nice

GTScoob
07-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I think I would have loved that car if I was 16 but since then my tastes have changed.

GS with an auto seems like the farthest thing from fast but he'll think its fast and probably drive it balls to the wall. I know I did when I had an F-150 and was his age, slow as hell but made for showy burnouts and drifting.

devin
07-28-2006, 01:16 PM
its a cool car, i dont know why people gotta come on here and hate on everything, its not my taste of car, but fuck it if he likes it, then cool, good for him.

Nitro
07-28-2006, 01:18 PM
its a cool car, i dont know why people gotta come on here and hate on everything, its not my taste of car, but fuck it if he likes it, then cool, good for him.

waz up D? Tru dat...........

and a quote from a friend for ignorant people to live by: :police:

Everybody is entitled to their opinions on the car, it doesnt bother me. I will just make a few comments to clear things up.

I guess it is one of those things, you are damned if you do and damned if you dont. You will never make anybody 100% happy.

In the end I built the car for me. You can like it, you can love it, you can hate it, or you can just thing it is the ugliest thing out there. But when it comes down to it, you didnt have to pay for it and you dont have to drive it. I love it and built it the way I wanted too and I couldnt be happier with the turnout of the car. I drive the car Everyday !!!!!

So in conclusion, I appreciate everybodies input, but at the end of the day, I am pleased with it.

devin
07-28-2006, 01:20 PM
wut up mayne

Hektik
07-28-2006, 01:54 PM
waz up D? Tru dat...........

and a quote from a friend for ignorant people to live by: :police:

Everybody is entitled to their opinions on the car, it doesnt bother me. I will just make a few comments to clear things up.

I guess it is one of those things, you are damned if you do and damned if you dont. You will never make anybody 100% happy.

In the end I built the car for me. You can like it, you can love it, you can hate it, or you can just thing it is the ugliest thing out there. But when it comes down to it, you didnt have to pay for it and you dont have to drive it. I love it and built it the way I wanted too and I couldnt be happier with the turnout of the car. I drive the car Everyday !!!!!

So in conclusion, I appreciate everybodies input, but at the end of the day, I am pleased with it.

+1:goodjob:

RedGTS
07-28-2006, 02:27 PM
its sad that u kids & some adults on here don't know a fucking thing about respect......bunch of asshats.......this is a grown ass man & u guys are critisizing (sp) about his decisions for his son.......who i know for a fact is responsible enough to handle this ride & do the right thing....his pops don't play that anyway!!! Ken the ride looks good man.....like u said with a little work & some luv also...his own touches....it will be a great project.

You have to be the dumbest fuck Ive ever met,

grown ass man......asked for opinions.......this are people opinions

LordMDP
07-28-2006, 02:42 PM
i think if your son wants a show car he should build it himself instead of painting it and saying "yeah its my show car"

he didnt build it so it will never even rly be his.
ummm-ok what ever you say ace

It looks really good with the body kit-lambo dorrs-i dont know but i'm sure he'll love it either way

good find

btw-i'm with you REDGTS- Fawk the haters!!

Nittanys1
07-28-2006, 03:11 PM
i personally think thats too much car for a 16 year old to start out with

AGREE!

2000gt21
07-28-2006, 03:25 PM
how is this too much car?? 4 cyl stock eng. auto. 4000.00 to buy it. im not sure i understand too much car. he works hard to get what he gets. not alot of kids these days can say that. but thanks for the opinions anyway. we will see some of you at some meets soon. he doesnt turn 16 till dec. but we will be there at some meets in mine and his. so hope to meet some of you nice people and see what you drive.

Julio
07-28-2006, 03:56 PM
I wish I had that instead of my piece of shit when I was 16.
Only bad thing about that car is . They are pieces of crap. So He just need to be prepared for the maintance.
Half of the bitches here either didnt have a car and if they did it was more then likely riced out to.
I know my accord was when I was 16 hahahahaha..

Good luck

Nittanys1
07-28-2006, 03:56 PM
I say its too much because as a young kid I too got my first car, paid for it and all but didnt respect it at all...didnt really realize its value until later....

at 16 its (IMO) a little too much....y not spend 2k for the same car and let him do all the modifications to it if he so chooses....u know what...whatever....its his car he paid for it, ok good....

i just feel that a car like that is too much for a person that young...

kittychick
07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
just something to think about: **put that car in a school parking lot for a week- and it will have dents, dings, and will be keyed

and just b/c he's responsible doesn't mean others will be too~ there are going to be kids that are jealous and they'll mess it up for him

AND the reason eveyone says its too much car- it looks like a sport's car, it will get the attention of police, street racers and others that are going to get your son in trouble

Lastly, your son's brain has a lot of development to do (biologically); and as I'm sure you do care about your son... instead of putting $$ into Lambo doors... put him in some driving classes and if he's in them now- sign him up for some more

there are too many dumb kids on the road...

ct9a gsr
07-28-2006, 04:52 PM
I didn't have a car when I was 16... none the less 15yrs old like your son is now... I'm just saying from my perspective... your son's gonna love his car, sure... and he'll probably come to some meets and events... and depending on which crowd he tries to talk to or which meets he attends, he will endure verbal abuse. Being that he's 15 and about to be freshly turned 16, just have him be ready to take such abuse and not go crazy or something.

BTW, I like the house in the background.

*edit* - oh, and I'm sure cops will auto-target his car and give him hell about it... especially when they find out his age... right or wrong, it's how cops work.

Nitro
07-28-2006, 04:56 PM
You have to be the dumbest fuck Ive ever met,

grown ass man......asked for opinions.......this are people opinions

& U CAN GARGLE MY BALLS.

thanks for your input. :goodjob:

Wurm
07-28-2006, 05:00 PM
Well if the kid is buying the car his self who cares what car he buys he knows it is his money lost if he wrecks it

The car is ok I like lambo doors fuck everyone else Everyone thinks everythign should either be a sleeper or jdm...I think I would rather my ride represent me and not a group of trendy bastards

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 06:25 PM
There is several of these Haters out here man, Thats a good ride for 16 I had an Prelude for my first car

VTECin5th
07-28-2006, 06:26 PM
Point taken by Wurm

RUFFIAN
07-28-2006, 06:46 PM
as long as your son has earned it, roll with it. I would seriously invest in some real driving lessons so he doesn't become a statistic. I wish my dad was that cool when I came up. big up WURM. being a follower sucks ass.:2up:

CHADbee
07-30-2006, 12:39 AM
ur son is gonna pull mad hoes.

green91
07-30-2006, 12:57 AM
seems like a cool ass first car to me, not my style but neat none the less.

Fr33way
07-30-2006, 01:15 AM
Another ricer on the road!

It's a very good thing that he is paying for the car, I just hope most of the attention he gets is not very negative (police, vandolism,...etc).

Best of luck with that eyesore!

VTECin5th
07-30-2006, 07:56 AM
ur son is gonna pull mad hoes.

Word

bdydrpdmazda
07-30-2006, 08:22 AM
why all the hostility?? Lets all be friends.

2000gt21
07-30-2006, 03:14 PM
picgot it home! long ride to miami!!!!!!!!!!again we thank you for comments. if you dont like it fine. but we will be at some shows and meets so if you are thinking of being one of those smart @** and startin trouble remember this is a kid and his car. thats the only way i get upset is when ya go to messin with my boy. but he can handle his own and what he cant i can. but we like to get along with anyone so come on up and lets talk at some meets. even if you dont like it we can be friends if you respect us we respect you.

red gts you seem to have alot of comments about my car also. the 2000gt. thats cool. just wondering if ya ever have anything nice to say. i dont like people being negative just to be smart or show out to other people. im new to these imports so i have alot to learn. you may could be a big help if you tried. ive always had muscle cars so this is a big jump for me. but lets see if we cant try and get along at least until you meet us and then form an opinion. ken

Wurm
07-30-2006, 03:25 PM
looks good just keep us up on pics......... Time to break out the razor blade on all those window decals lol...... A product called orange peel is what you use to get the remaining glue off the window

Kelly_Rene
07-30-2006, 03:30 PM
Looks good! Even tho I don't like orange, but everybody has their own taste, I hope he takes good care of it! BTW just to give you a heads up, This should be posted in the Car Pics Forum. :goodjob: :goodjob:

Fr33way
07-30-2006, 03:57 PM
Why isn't the kid smiling in the pics?!?

I personally don't like the car but you sound like a great person to have in the community, I look forward to seeing it around and meeting you all.

Kelly_Rene
07-30-2006, 04:03 PM
Found a couple of pics for ya!

JITB
07-30-2006, 05:45 PM
il ike the paint.. would look good with soem more wheels and minus the wing..

Dominic49
07-30-2006, 06:17 PM
what meets and where so i can know to look out for you

StupidBikerBoy
07-30-2006, 10:48 PM
welcome!

SixSquared
07-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey 2000GT you were at the Athens meet a few weeks ago right? Blue eclipse missing the front bumper? I remember you... I was the chick with the puppy :) You coming out to the Varsity meet on Thursday? If you are, shoot me a PM.. a few of us are meeting in Athens, then heading to Gwinnett, then all heading out to the V

rollininstyle2004
07-31-2006, 02:26 AM
just something to think about: **put that car in a school parking lot for a week- and it will have dents, dings, and will be keyed

Mine sat in high school parking lots for 2 years and no one ever even touched it

and just b/c he's responsible doesn't mean others will be too~ there are going to be kids that are jealous and they'll mess it up for him

AND the reason eveyone says its too much car- it looks like a sport's car, it will get the attention of police, street racers and others that are going to get your son in trouble

As long as he doesnt drive like a dumbass nothing is going to happen. Cops my stare at him as he drives by, but if he isnt doing anything illegal nothing is going to happen. If he is, well then he deserves the attention

Not trying to argue here, but people always make teenagers out to be the worst drivers and EVERY one of them is going to do something stupid.

Anyway car definately is NOT my style, but if he likes it thats all that matters. $4000 is cheap for what looks to be a car in pretty good condition (other then the no paint on the bumpers thing, but thats not to expensive to get done).

ct9a gsr
07-31-2006, 02:30 AM
AND the reason eveyone says its too much car- it looks like a sport's car

:lmfao: :no: :lmfao: :no: :lmfao: :no: :lmfao:

SixSquared
07-31-2006, 04:23 AM
When I was in HS my black del Sol got beat to shit, but that was because the guy who parked his big ass truck next to my car didn't like me, and my senior year we had assigned parking spots. The worst one was when I WATCHED him open his door into my window (lowered del Sol vs lifted dodge ram), look at it, pull the door back, then open it HARDER, shattering my window. Yeah after that one he had to park at the very back of the parking lot for the rest of the school year or the principal threatened to have his truck towed and his parking priviledge revoked. Car was fine after he stopped parking next to me :D

But def. tell your son to just watch himself. High schoolers are easily jealous and can be hot tempered.

YokotaS13
07-31-2006, 04:57 AM
I'm wondering what you where driving at the ago of 16?:???:
97 gst spyder that i worked all summer to save up a downpayment for. I bought my own shit

speechless
08-02-2006, 08:32 AM
nice...wish i had you as a father! Does he get the girl too?

advan
08-02-2006, 08:44 AM
nice...wish i had you as a father! Does he get the girl too?

lol same!!! car is kinda flashy but i guess it floats his boat.

ueyedgr8tness
08-05-2006, 06:42 PM
man ken is a kewl guy met him awhile back mad respect for the man.and atleast his kid buying his own shi unlike some spoiled brats tat get it for free and dont appreciate it cause hey it was free.

thinkskater
08-05-2006, 07:06 PM
isnt a honda

say that on here and i say your a fuckin asscrak. let the kid learn a lesson . everyone did. no one went straight to clean/ jdm lookin cars they had rice/rough patchs . but ya screw u yokota. always rippin on honda. god u are a flamer.

wantboost
08-06-2006, 11:49 AM
I dont uersdtand why people say thats tom much car for ur son. its only and AUTO and it cost 4g's how in the hell is that TO MUCH CAR. stop hatin cause u didnt have a decent car at 16
^^ :goodjob: :goodjob:

1439/2000
08-06-2006, 12:03 PM
say that on here and i say your a fuckin asscrak. let the kid learn a lesson . everyone did. no one went straight to clean/ jdm lookin cars they had rice/rough patchs . but ya screw u yokota. always rippin on honda. god u are a flamer.

All your posts suck.

Yeah damn, most 2g's are fucked up. Its rare you see a clean 2g turbo awd anymore.

BlkCD5
08-06-2006, 12:17 PM
not to be an asshole or anything, but you or your son better save up for a tranny. Also i think you should ditch the lambo door idea and use it for something else.

GsrTurbo320
08-06-2006, 12:33 PM

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
08-06-2006, 12:43 PM
That Eclipse is one ugly car. I wouldn't have bought it. And I agree with one of the posters that he will probably say it's his show car when he actually bought it already as a show car that someone else had done. Nope. Thumbs down from me. Later, QD.

2000gt21
08-06-2006, 02:23 PM
i can see people are still hating in here. opinions are one thing. if you dont like it fine. to each his own. and as far as being his show car, we are redoing it plus adding alot of new stuff to it. thanks for all the comments good and bad. plus all the tips we appreciate.
i just wonder why everyone hates it. i see alotof cars like this at the shows with crowds of people looking at them but this one doesnt cut it. oh well who cares. it didnt cost anyone on here a dime so all you have to do is look at it when he pulls up beside you at a show or meet. i know there was a 97 at tunerfest almost the same color scheme and all that was getting alot of looks. but maybe this one doesnt deserve to be driven, maybe we should just crush it and put it out of its misery. lol! not! we will see yall around. peace.

quickdodge®
08-06-2006, 02:27 PM
i can see people are still hating in here. opinions are one thing. if you dont like it fine. to each his own.

You kind of made no sense there, dude. You ask for opinions, yet when ones you don't like are made, you call us "haters" and then say that it's fine if we don't like it. Which is it? Are the opinions ok or not necessary(even when you asked)? Later, QD.

2000gt21
08-06-2006, 02:41 PM
stretch i wasnt referring to you specifically. i asked for comments good and bad just didnt expect sopme of the ones we have gotten. its all good. all that matters is he likes it and has to drive it. i was just saying that i dont understand why so many didnt like it. if you got offended im sorry. not intended. all comments are welcome. good or bad. just dont get nasty with them cause my kid does see this please.

quickdodge®
08-06-2006, 03:15 PM
stretch i wasnt referring to you specifically. i asked for comments good and bad just didnt expect sopme of the ones we have gotten.

Understood

all that matters is he likes it and has to drive it.

Very true. One of the deals is, though, is that a lot of people(teens, mostly) buy car that's already been modified and then show it off as their car. Technically(if it's paid off) it is their car, but the modifications aren't "theirs." See where I'm coming from? The majority of the people that are, or get into, this hobby, start from scratch and do not buy cars already done. That's where a lot of resentment comes in. The person didn't "put in work" like the guy that has dumped money and sweat has.

i was just saying that i dont understand why so many didnt like it.

Most of that reason falls into the above quoted response.

if you got offended im sorry. not intended. all comments are welcome. good or bad. just dont get nasty with them cause my kid does see this please.

I wasn't offended...just curious. Later, QD.

wantboost
08-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Very true. One of the deals is, though, is that a lot of people buy car that's already been modified and then show it off as their car. Technically(if it's paid off) it is their car, but the modifications aren't "theirs." See where I'm coming from? The majority of the people that are, or get into, this hobby, start from scratch and do not buy cars already done. That's where a lot of resentment comes in. The person didn't "put in work" like the guy that has dumped money and sweat has.

Well said. +1

edit: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Stretch® again.

ueyedgr8tness
08-06-2006, 04:34 PM
i think its really funny tat most ppl here tat hate on here cant even afford a car and most ppl drive ugly a** rides.but lol they still on here talking sh**.all i can say is very nice ride for a 1st car.

down_shift
08-06-2006, 04:54 PM
Understood
Very true. One of the deals is, though, is that a lot of people(teens, mostly) buy car that's already been modified and then show it off as their car. Technically(if it's paid off) it is their car, but the modifications aren't "theirs." See where I'm coming from? The majority of the people that are, or get into, this hobby, start from scratch and do not buy cars already done. That's where a lot of resentment comes in. The person didn't "put in work" like the guy that has dumped money and sweat has.

Just to elaborate a little. Its not only the fact that someone put the mods on the car on their dime. Its the fact that it is someone elses idea and concept. Nothing wrong with starting with a car like that but I think most people would agree it needs to be re-worked so that it is your sons idea. Removing all the decals, new kit, wheels, and paint would be a huge step in the right direction of making it his car. Good luck with the project.

quickdodge®
08-06-2006, 05:03 PM
i think its really funny tat most ppl here tat hate on here cant even afford a car and most ppl drive ugly a** rides.but lol they still on here talking sh**.all i can say is very nice ride for a 1st car.

What? Lolol. Later, QD.

Reaper
08-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Overall not my cup of tea...but for a 16 year old Definitly a nice car. They are right though. you need to put in your own Idea's and make it your own car. Like they said, body kit and wheels are a HUGE step...it would re work the image of the car...maybe go 1 color...like a solid orange. or black or something different. do a tranny swap etc. But overall I woulda loved to start with a car like that at 16. Just be safe driving it and dont fuck up trying to show off....its not worth it dude...I got too many tickets and 1 nasty accident in highschool and I had a 97 mustang v6 5speed....not fast....you can speed in anything...so just treat the car with respect and it will do the same for you...

Brett
08-06-2006, 06:01 PM
I like it, Look foward to seeing the new paint scheme.

kittychick
08-06-2006, 07:07 PM
Mine sat in high school parking lots for 2 years and no one ever even touched it

LOL- you're car doesn't look like you've poured a bunch of $$ into (although I know you have) however this might be the reason why you've had good luck and no one has disrespected your car (even by accidentaly making dents in it)

As long as he doesnt drive like a dumbass nothing is going to happen. Cops my stare at him as he drives by, but if he isnt doing anything illegal nothing is going to happen. If he is, well then he deserves the attention
yeah, a first car at 16- I'm sure he'll be a perfect angel and always drive perfect

Not trying to argue here, but people always make teenagers out to be the worst drivers and EVERY one of them is going to do something stupid.
sure thing

kittychick
08-06-2006, 07:10 PM
AND the reason eveyone says its too much car- it looks like a sport's car
:lmfao: :no: :lmfao: :no: :lmfao: :no: :lmfao:
I say it looks like a "sports car" because its not an everyday stock eclipse.

tatodotcom
08-06-2006, 10:04 PM
i like it as well, good luck!

JITB
08-06-2006, 10:14 PM
im sure the kid will behave, especially since he races go karts and such, probrably woulndt find much of a thrill speeiding in that car over the go kart races.

MR. 200SX
08-06-2006, 10:39 PM
He is too young to guide him in the ricer fast and furious way.

BlkCD5
08-06-2006, 11:21 PM
I hope a good ass security system is in your son's plans for the car, if it doesn't have one. There are too many thieves out there. Also, you should teach him if he doesn't know how to do the basic maintenence stuff. :goodjob:

ct9a gsr
08-07-2006, 12:20 AM
I say it looks like a "sports car" because its not an everyday stock eclipse.

So any eclipse with cosmetic modifications make them look like a "sports car" under your definition? Guess Buford Highway is littered with "sports cars" everywhere, eh?

:screwy:

£G2♣
08-07-2006, 03:16 AM
:stupid:

YokotaS13
08-07-2006, 07:08 AM
where is ruiner with that GPS thingie he foudn to track people?

YokotaS13
08-07-2006, 07:13 AM
i can see people are still hating in here. opinions are one thing. if you dont like it fine. to each his own. and as far as being his show car, we are redoing it plus adding alot of new stuff to it. thanks for all the comments good and bad. plus all the tips we appreciate.
i just wonder why everyone hates it. i see alotof cars like this at the shows with crowds of people looking at them but this one doesnt cut it. oh well who cares. it didnt cost anyone on here a dime so all you have to do is look at it when he pulls up beside you at a show or meet. i know there was a 97 at tunerfest almost the same color scheme and all that was getting alot of looks. but maybe this one doesnt deserve to be driven, maybe we should just crush it and put it out of its misery. lol! not! we will see yall around. peace.
were hating becuase its a NT that looks like it wants to be fast. Not gonna happen, no turbo kit to back up the looks.

Thank god im in japan so i dont haev to look at it at a meet or show...id hate to beat it to shit with my dsm if i still had it lol

ueyedgr8tness
08-07-2006, 09:08 AM
dude the kid is 16 he dont need a turbo right now.and consd he races go carts he already no how to handle fast stuff anyway.

barrypyron
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
wow what rude comments? if it's what you like tell them love you or hate it.......:yes:

2000gt21
08-07-2006, 09:54 AM
yeah it is good that you are in japan. cause if ya got to beaten up on it id have to beat up on you. the turbo will come later as he gets older. if i wanted him to have a fast car i would have kept my 88 gt drag car or let him drive my 2000 gt. but we arent claiming to be fast. not yet anyway! so we will see you around. might just have to ship it to japan to come and park beside you just to see ya beat it up! lol.peace

B16a2 Civic
08-07-2006, 10:04 AM
so your son got the car?
anymore pix?

N/A EK
08-07-2006, 11:15 AM
^^^Here>>>> http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=73512&page=4&pp=20

Nitro
08-07-2006, 11:25 AM
were hating becuase its a NT that looks like it wants to be fast. Not gonna happen, no turbo kit to back up the looks.

Thank god im in japan so i dont haev to look at it at a meet or show...id hate to beat it to shit with my dsm if i still had it lol

real tough guy huh? :goodjob:

on a positive note............Ken that was me who beeped @ u on sat in the maroon suv :D on 81

devin
08-07-2006, 11:30 AM
this is bullshit, isnt this supposed to be a site for people who like imports??? there is soo much fuckin hatin goin on in this site, if you dont like the fuckin car dont look at the thread, dont knock some kid whos dad got him a cool car. fuckin haters.

ueyedgr8tness
08-07-2006, 11:38 AM
well ima with my boy ken tat means he would be getting both eyes knocked out and i really hate ppl tat key and hit other ppls cars on purpose.thank god no 1 done tat to mine .cause if they did i would be on wsbtv getting some new charges.like if u dont like the car dont even post and if u dont like imports well then u dont need to be on here.

ueyedgr8tness
08-07-2006, 11:40 AM
i have no respect for ppl tat dont show respect.they can all slob on my nob.

ct9a gsr
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
This thread is full of too many emo ppl with seriousfaces.

Z33_kid
08-07-2006, 12:39 PM
well ur son is lucky hes gettin a car for free basically unlike me lol but omg yea you must be gettin a good price if you're driving all the way to florida to pick it up.. & if he wants a show car he should make one him self no pride in not making it your self

redlinenprelude
08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
does the blonde come with it..

BKgen®
08-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Just think about the Insurance for a 16 Year old + its a 2 Door

my first car when i was 16 was a 95 Talon and i was payin less than $100 a month for insurance.

.... then came the tickets. ;)

JITB
08-07-2006, 05:50 PM
its weird at the varsity and big meets, the really done up show cars get all the looks and ppl are always lookin at them and askin questions about them. no matter what u all say no one can deny a show car, cant help but look. everyone is in this "clean" stage its nothin wrong with it, but dam everyones car looks the same nowadays. a 1500$ stock car with some 5000 jdm wheels is sooooo cool nowadays.. but i cant argue with anyones opinion..

Driftk1d350z
08-08-2006, 05:07 PM
thats your sons car? and i noticed a blue 350z in the background....by any chance do you like in or close to Winder? ive seen you in wider before, i drive a black 350z roadster wuth 20 inch chrome rims

BlkCD5
08-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Is this still going? :eek: Damn, it was mentioned previously that Ken's son worked for the car.

Originally posted by devin
this is bullshit, isnt this supposed to be a site for people who like imports??? there is soo much fuckin hatin goin on in this site, if you dont like the fuckin car dont look at the thread, dont knock some kid whos dad got him a cool car. fuckin haters.

Go to any other import forum, you'll find the same damn thing. He asked for "good or bad" opinions and got them. I even got some negative comments when I posted pics of my ride. The reason your finding so many "haters" is cus most people on here didn't have that as a first car and/or started their project from the bottom up.

Reaper
08-08-2006, 11:34 PM
"This thread is full of too many emo ppl with seriousfaces."

Amen...

The Green Monster
08-09-2006, 01:17 AM
*shakes head at haters*

i don't understand why everyone is knocking it...it's not like his parents are buying it for him

I hope he gets it and i hope he's happy with what he's getting...he worked for it so he deserves it :goodjob:

g'luck with that Ken!

StupidBikerBoy
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
i have no respect for ppl tat dont show respect.they can all slob on my nob.

Welcome to IA