PDA

View Full Version : Misc Provigil

Sledlude
07-26-2006, 10:44 PM
Well, after a recommendation from a friend, I took a pill of this to help me study (huge test tomorrow, lots of material to cover in a short amount of time). This shit got me geeked. I did some research and found that no one really knows how it works, but its used to treat ADD and narcolepsy. Anyone ever heard of this or taken it? I don't want to take it if its going to screw me up in the long run. thoughts?

www.provigil.com

C22H19N3O4
07-27-2006, 01:20 AM
Where did your "friend" obtain the pills?
I would advise against taking prescription pills w/o speaking to your MD. Any existing health problems and current drug therapy is important to know before prescribing Provigil. Students can become addicted to "smart" pills like Provigil or Adderall. If you are popping pills to stay awake you will crash.

I know it's tough getting through school, but you have to manage your time better if you want to graduate with your sanity intact.

4dmin
07-27-2006, 08:38 AM
YOU SHOULD NEVER TAKE PRESCRIPTION PILLS W/O SPEAKING TO YOUR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL AND/OR KNOWING THE DRUG INTERACTIONS!!!

;) listen to pharmteg and my wife would tell ya the same both are getting ready to be Doctors so they know what they are talking about.

Sledlude
07-27-2006, 12:29 PM
dude... i come from a family full of doctors- me and my dad are the only ones who aren't MDs. im not a dumbass. but it seems that theres no real known mechanism for how they work. i probably won't be taking it ever again any way. it felt like i drank 6 cups of coffee... like u said, it really was overkill. i woulda been fine with out it.

apparently their not even prescription- theyre one of those things you can order online.
this girl that had them learned about them from a resident. research has told me that to stay away from them while drinking, there aren't any KNOWN drug interactions. they're supposed to be a step above ritalin, not as geeky as adderall.. which i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole. just wondering if anyone's ever heard of them.

4dmin
07-27-2006, 01:23 PM
dude... i come from a family full of doctors- me and my dad are the only ones who aren't MDs. im not a dumbass. but it seems that theres no real known mechanism for how they work. i probably won't be taking it ever again any way. it felt like i drank 6 cups of coffee... like u said, it really was overkill. i woulda been fine with out it.

apparently their not even prescription- theyre one of those things you can order online.
this girl that had them learned about them from a resident. research has told me that to stay away from them while drinking, there aren't any KNOWN drug interactions. they're supposed to be a step above ritalin, not as geeky as adderall.. which i wouldnt touch with a 10 foot pole. just wondering if anyone's ever heard of them.

i talked to my wife she said what your taking is a stimulant is is prescribed for narcalepsy(sp?)... and its a stop below ritalin. it is a controlled substance. :goodjob:

Sledlude
07-27-2006, 01:39 PM
wow... i didnt know it was. somehow you can get these online. I'm not a pill popper anyhow, i hate taking medication. i only took one of these yesterday morning to give me a boost. I knew it was used to treat narcolepsy (check my first post) and add which i have been on medication for before. i stopped add treatment because i hated how the medication made me feel.
thanks for the info :)

C22H19N3O4
07-27-2006, 06:46 PM
wow... i didnt know it was. somehow you can get these online.

There was a reason I asked where your friend obtained the pills. When you order meds online from an unreliable source you never know what you're getting. Counterfeit drugs purchased from real and online pharmacies have killed patients.
If you have some free time take a look at this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13137839/) piece that aired on Dateline last month. :yes:

4dmin
07-27-2006, 07:08 PM
There was a reason I asked where your friend obtained the pills. When you order meds online from an unreliable source you never know what you're getting. Counterfeit drugs purchased from real and online pharmacies have killed patients.
If you have some free time take a look at this (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13137839/) piece that aired on Dateline last month. :yes:

i saw a interesting stat on world news last week you may be interested in... they said 1/2 of all hospital patients are given either the incorrect or wrong dosage of medicine and they will never know it. they also said by the year 2010 all prescriptions have to be typed out b/c of the errors having to read doctors hand writing. :goodjob:

C22H19N3O4
07-28-2006, 01:13 PM
I read the article on the med errors. I won't blame any one particular group. ;)

E-prescribing has been around for a few years, but some places don't want to cover the costs involved with the system. I'm pretty sure pharmacies in rural areas can't afford to keep up with the technology.

Sledlude
07-30-2006, 03:39 PM
every doctor i know writes like shit. i cant read my moms hand writing to save my fuckin life. it would be better to have e scrips.