PDA

View Full Version : Misc what is w/ the pit craze?

4dmin
07-26-2006, 03:36 PM
really i dont' get it.... they really aren't cute dogs. buying a pit must be like driving a porsche. ya you got the idea. :goodjob:

ctzfinest18
07-26-2006, 05:46 PM
lol im not sure why i like pitts i like pitts with diff color schemes

A1EX
07-26-2006, 06:06 PM
i dont know which you've seen but mines "cute"

SpeedMonkey
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
really i dont' get it.... they really aren't cute dogs. buying a pit must be like driving a porsche. ya you got the idea. :goodjob:

its a man dog.. so thats probably why you just dont get it. EL OH EL :bump:

St0lenR
07-26-2006, 07:30 PM
pwn3d

gabbysmommy
07-26-2006, 09:28 PM
that puppy is too cute

4dmin
07-26-2006, 09:30 PM
no they are cute when they are puppies but i still don't get it... if i'm gonna buy a mid size to big dawg it would be a mastif, pincher, rot...

topsecret2JZ
07-27-2006, 10:10 AM
all i gotta say is that most dogs are straight up pussies, Pitbulls are not, or at least non of mine are, i know damn well that any of my dogs would die to protect me, they wouldnt run off like most mid sized dogs. But other that they are just like other dogs

devin
07-27-2006, 10:14 AM
all i gotta say is that most dogs are straight up pussies, Pitbulls are not, or at least non of mine are, i know damn well that any of my dogs would die to protect me, they wouldnt run off like most mid sized dogs. But other that they are just like other dogs

exactly

4dmin
07-27-2006, 10:20 AM

just about any large breed dog can be breed for protection...

when we get a big piece of property i plan on owning Old English Mastiff's they fucking rule. this is what i grew up w/ my parents have had several of these. the largest Jocko being over 250+lbs when he stood up on his back legs he was over 6ft tall. :goodjob:

devin
07-27-2006, 10:43 AM
on a side note.. you cant get a better watchdog/guard dog then a german shepard.

DnBmama05
07-27-2006, 10:58 AM
we have a rednose pit... i think it's different when you actually own one... i never thought pit bulls were cute at all until we got one... she is extremely protective of all of us, but that's what i like about her... she is great around the baby (keep in mind that i do still keep an eye on her around the baby - heard way too many stories about kids and pits) she has a ton of personality http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

DnBmama05
07-27-2006, 11:00 AM
oh btw a1ex... my husband would kill to have a puppy like that :) it is adorable!

2.0civic
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
im with paul though on this. there are other dogs to get for protection. Bull mastiff, rotweiller, doberman, american bulldog....etc...90% of people i see get them answer it with "protection". it would be nice if they would say "looks, personality, size" or soemthing else other than just "protection"

Wurm
07-27-2006, 11:17 AM
I like pits because they can handle the abuse plus i like the strength they can possess

There are only 3 dogs I like Pits Rotts & Huskys

HalfBaked
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
I don't really see why people have them as pets either.

They seem too aggressive and I hear too many horror stories coming from those types of dogs.

I don't like big dogs but if I had to get a large breed it'd be an Akita.

DnBmama05
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
you're right wurm... our dog is VERY strong... she likes to hump me for some reason? but she grabs on and doesn't let go...

2.0civic
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
you're right wurm... our dog is VERY strong... she likes to hump me for some reason? but she grabs on and doesn't let go...

your dog is a lesbian...duh

Wurm
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM

They seem too aggressive and I hear too many horror stories coming from those types of dogs.

pits are aggressive?

hahahahhaha follow the trend emo child

DnBmama05
07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
your dog is a lesbian...duh

she only uses me when my husband isn't around... i guess she's bi... :rolleyes: she knows better than to try to hump him though

The Golden Child
07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
to me the true pits are american staff terrier ..
my 1st puppy was when i was 10 years old ..
you hear bad storys cause bad people dont treat them right ..
i like pits as the same reason you and everyone else likes dogs ..
for the company man/woman best friends ..
they are loyal just like any other dogs from little to big doesnt matter ..

4dmin
07-27-2006, 01:00 PM
i will say all dogs can be aggressive if they are taught, i think the biggest problem w/ pits is they are strong dogs who may not know their strength. my parents now own a big bulldog and that fat fucker trys to jump on you he will knock you over and he is just playing.

i remember our mastiff Jocko one time got his paw caught in between the chain length fence where the lock was, it was pretty bad my mom tried to release his paw and in such pain he bit straight through my mom hand. his teeth went into the bone. when you have a dog thats over 250lbs that shit isn't a puppy. i know mastiff are refered to as gentle giants being the biggest dogs but there were used throughout europe to hunt wild animals and during war.

but back to my point i think most people buy pits b/c they think they are scary and good for protection b/c of the known history w/ fighting... but there are many other breeds i think are far superior for protection and quite a bit smarter.

dm1995
07-27-2006, 03:19 PM
i got the pit for my fiance as a early wedding gift. im buying either a male rott or a male g.shepard. just becasue i like those better. but i love pits becasue there rough they are punks and they are very protective. i have seen how all of topsecertes2jzs pit protect him and obey him. they are loyal to the master and thats great. my girl wanted this one but i want one bigger. like a rott or a g.shep. but there good dawgs as long as you respect them,then theyll respect you. our new pp is 9.5 weeks and she alreadys growls at other dawgs over territory and then she growls when people enter my room and were sleeping on the bed.

brads94accord
07-27-2006, 03:20 PM
but back to my point i think most people buy pits b/c they think they are scary and good for protection b/c of the known history w/ fighting... but there are many other breeds i think are far superior for protection and quite a bit smarter.

thankyou, my opinion is they are ugly dogs and all i ever see them w/ is low income people, white trash, and people who are trying to act tough and hard to be a gansta or something they are not.

And about once a week you hear about some innocent person being attacked by one on the news.

Theres a really trashy neighborhood next to my subdivision and someone there has a pitbull who always gets loose..i almost hit him one day...he was just walking around in the middle of a busy road. I'm always worried about the little kids in my neighborhood when he gets out.

The Golden Child
07-27-2006, 03:23 PM
i will say all dogs can be aggressive if they are taught, i think the biggest problem w/ pits is they are strong dogs who may not know their strength. my parents now own a big bulldog and that fat fucker trys to jump on you he will knock you over and he is just playing.

i remember our mastiff Jocko one time got his paw caught in between the chain length fence where the lock was, it was pretty bad my mom tried to release his paw and in such pain he bit straight through my mom hand. his teeth went into the bone. when you have a dog thats over 250lbs that shit isn't a puppy. i know mastiff are refered to as gentle giants being the biggest dogs but there were used throughout europe to hunt wild animals and during war.

my friend used to has a mastiff back in NY ..
he weighed about 265 lbs and he would knock me over all the time ..
i had a big head blue back in NY and he weighed in at 115 lbs ..
people not only think that pitbulls( mutts ) are great fighting dogs ..
they also think its cool cause they see rappers have it ..
dogs generally do not know there own strength at all ..
chihuahua come on you think them little fuckers wont harm you ..
my x gfs chihuahua plays with my 65 lb bluew fawn pitbull ..
the little fucker thinks he weights 300 plus lbs and trys to act gangsta with my dog ..
luckily my dog has not ate her yet cause they grew up together ..

p.s. also can you edit my " Ferret & Green Cheek Conure " to " FS : Ferret & Green Cheek Conure "

thanks .. bretts not doing his job ..

A1EX
07-27-2006, 04:17 PM
i dont know mines is almost 13 weeks old now and he's not even a bit protective he goes up to each and every person trying to lick and play with them im confused? hes a little bit too friendly

ctzfinest18
07-27-2006, 04:56 PM

you hear the stories cant really talk until uve owned one i have 9 and have owned more than 15 not one of the have turned on me shown signs of turning on me very well behaved dogs its all about how u raise them :D

ctzfinest18
07-27-2006, 05:01 PM
thankyou, my opinion is they are ugly dogs and all i ever see them w/ is low income people, white trash, and people who are trying to act tough and hard to be a gansta or something they are not.

And about once a week you hear about some innocent person being attacked by one on the news.

thats not cool not cool at all man:no:

maybe uve jus seen them with low income ppl but if u look around trust theres not only low income ppl with them ive seen wealthy ppl back home with pitts an there not trying to act gangsta soo?

BlkCD5
07-27-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm sure there are some pits out there that are nice. As for me, I already had to deal with my dog maulin the same kid's ass twice already (German sheperd/lab mix). Dumbass came into the yard, knowing the dog was roaming around. So I'd stay away from owning a pit for legal reasons.

The Golden Child
07-27-2006, 05:30 PM
dont hate me ..

dm1995
07-27-2006, 05:47 PM
well to answert he? bout low income thats bull, we make over 100k in my house hold ( just one of us) and we have a pit. were not gangstas. or trash.

DnBmama05
07-27-2006, 06:07 PM
yeah that was a pretty rude statement about white trash and pits... considering that most of the people in this thread that post probably have one... i know my husband and i aren't white trash... not a very good stereotype

4dmin
07-27-2006, 07:02 PM
yeah that was a pretty rude statement about white trash and pits... considering that most of the people in this thread that post probably have one... i know my husband and i aren't white trash... not a very good stereotype

its a bad and a good stereotype... you don't see pits in middle-upper income families normally ;)

its just the facts.

Wurm
07-27-2006, 07:05 PM
Beware of THESE Dogs.

The truth of the matter is, all dogs can be provoked or egged on to bite. There's no such thing as a "bad" breed. Practically all kinds of dogs are trainable. Allowing dogs to socialize with other dogs also helps in turning them into creatures that are much gentler and more tolerant.

Dog owners should have their beloved pets trained to follow basic commands like come, sit, lie and stay. Subjecting dogs to some sort of obedience or training school represents one way of effectively preventing many dog-biting incidents.

Here's a look at the various dog breeds that are considered potentially aggressive.

* Chow Chows are one-person dogs that tend to bite without any warning.
* Old English Sheepdogs are very protective of their owners so they might be aggressive if anybody tends to be too close to its owners.
* A Llasa Apso often gets cranky when around kids.
* Rottweilers are extremely protective of their masters.
* Chihuahuas aren't too fond of kids. They'd rather be with adults than play around with tots.
* Toy Poodles bite people and other animals out of self defense. Unfortunately, 'playing' according to you may be perceived as a form of 'attack' to them.
* Dachsunds aren't known for their patience.
* Giant Schnauzers are very dominant. They often challenge adults.
* The Pekinese isn't all that tolerant.
* Miniature Pinschers usually have aggression issues because they've got this "big dog-little body" mindset going on.

Here's a rundown of breeds that are typically gentle but can't shake off their "bad dog" image.

* Boxers are pretty good with kids.
* Bulldogs are very playful and gentle.
* Great Danes, while considerable in size, happen to be kind and affectionate.
* Mastiffs are especially quiet and docile.
* German Shepherds are great with kids too.
* Rottweilers are also capable of tenderness and affection.

4dmin
07-27-2006, 07:14 PM
* Toy Poodles bite people and other animals out of self defense. Unfortunately, 'playing' according to you may be perceived as a form of 'attack' to them

lol this was my fav b/c its completely true... i always say the little bastard has nepolan disorder... he thinks he is so tuff he went toe to toe w/ my buddies female pit; he was bitting her taking out chunks of fur finally she just smacked is ass and he stopped - lol .... but they will fight to the death

brads94accord
07-27-2006, 07:27 PM
its a bad and a good stereotype... you don't see pits in middle-upper income families normally ;)

its just the facts.

I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes i was stating my opionion based on the observations i have made. Sure there are a few who are in the higher income bracket and thats cool, but there are always exceptions to most observations.

Good point on the legal standpoint..that is one con in owning one, what if it bites someone...i would rather not subject myself to having to deal w/ the legalities of it...some people get bit and brush it off while others will sue the pants off of you for every dime you have.

I'm also agreeing w/ the training of dogs and socialization...dogs can be broken of the mean demeanor but Most(not everyone) of the people I see on a day to day basis w/ agressive dogs generally do not break their dogs of that. I think its very important for dogs to socialize considering they are "pack" animals by nature...it helps them build social skills...
If you watch he dog whisperer on animal planet what he usually does w/ misbehaving animals is let them stay at his doggy resort where the dog would be around tons of other dogs and they veteran dogs generally accept the rookie and all of the other dogs help the rookie to become part of the "pack"

brads94accord
07-27-2006, 07:31 PM
lol this was my fav b/c its completely true... i always say the little bastard has nepolan disorder... he thinks he is so tuff he went toe to toe w/ my buddies female pit; he was bitting her taking out chunks of fur finally she just smacked is ass and he stopped - lol .... but they will fight to the death

lol yeah my roomate jay (1439/2000) has a miniature dachsund and he is really agressive w/ my golden retriever he will jump up and bite my dogs lips and hang on them and stuff..then my dog will just paw him out of the way..because his paw is bigger than kirbys head. they play well together though. they usually fight/play for about an hour until they both are out of breath then its so cute when they go in the kitchen and start drinking out of the same water bowl.

St0lenR
07-27-2006, 08:59 PM
My pit is half american pit and half presa canario..for thos who don't know what a presa is here's a pic

My puppy is going to be FAWK HUGE

check out their site for more pics and info about presa's

http://www.sanderskennels.com/02-19-05%20060%20presa%20canario.jpg

4dmin
07-28-2006, 09:16 AM
My pit is half american pit and half presa canario..for thos who don't know what a presa is here's a pic

My puppy is going to be FAWK HUGE

check out their site for more pics and info about presa's

http://www.sanderskennels.com/02-19-05%20060%20presa%20canario.jpg

nice muscle structure but what is huge? huge to me over 250 lbs :goodjob:

i believe the world record is still the English Mastif that bastard was like 335+ lbs w/ over 38 inch tall :eek:

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 09:20 AM
presas are nice dogs there not pits but there nice and look like pits ..

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
nice muscle structure but what is huge? huge to me over 250 lbs :goodjob:

i believe the world record is still the English Mastif that bastard was like 335+ lbs w/ over 38 inch tall :eek:

335+ and 38 inch tall any pictures ??

the biggest dog i have seen was my friends mastiff which was not even 250+ ..

4dmin
07-28-2006, 09:31 AM
^ i just posted it... we've had 4 different Mastiff's growing up 2 that were over 250... it all goes on the breed and blood line. ours were straight from over seas (true english blood line) bastards were huge. i'll see if i can snag some pix from my parents.

but there are different kinds: english, old english, bull, etc...

kittychick
07-28-2006, 09:39 AM
our new pp is 9.5 weeks and she alreadys growls at other dawgs over territory and then she growls when people enter my room and were sleeping on the bed.

that much aggression is not good for a dog, especially such a young puppy
I would start her on training classes so you can at least manage her if she's going to be such an aggressive dog

my poodle has such a high tolerance for play fighting; but when he gets pissed of, gosh he gets CRAZY... he grew up with an english bulldog and english sheep dog as playmates (all three were 3 months old) and by the time they were a year the size difference as incredable :yes:
but boy, when my poodle got mad at the other two dogs.. they would tuck their tails and run

but at the dog park he's always very friendly to the other dogs.... very friendly indeed:idb: LOL (of course that is a sign of aggression too, in the dog world; espeically when its two male dogs, one is trying to dominate the other)

4dmin
07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
my poodle has such a high tolerance for play fighting; but when he gets pissed of, gosh he gets CRAZY... he grew up with an english bulldog and english sheep dog as playmates (all three were 3 months old) and by the time they were a year the size difference as incredable :yes:
but boy, when my poodle got mad at the other two dogs.. they would tuck their tails and run

but at the dog park he's always very friendly to the other dogs

ya i get Romulus so excited we play fight forever, i've got him going so much that his mouth was bleeding from trying to bite the fuck out of me and bitting down on toys and shit... the funniest is when he gets running fit :lmfao: i yell out GO GO GO and he'll sprint out into the living room jump up on the couches back to the master bedroom and all over again... he is fucking nutz.

kittychick
07-28-2006, 09:46 AM
ya i get Romulus so excited we play fight forever, i've got him going so much that his mouth was bleeding from trying to bite the fuck out of me and bitting down on toys and shit... the funniest is when he gets running fit :lmfao: i yell out GO GO GO and he'll sprint out into the living room jump up on the couches back to the master bedroom and all over again... he is fucking nutz.

I love it! mine does the same thing- he'll tear around the house, its so funny!

St0lenR
07-28-2006, 09:57 AM
presas are nice dogs there not pits but there nice and look like pits ..

Yeah....Presas to me look like a pit on steriods
I have the best of both worlds with Junebug

to answer paulines question...huge to me depends on height and strength..I mean I could feed the fuck out of my dog and make him fat but that wouldn't define him as huge it would make him fat..you get where i'm going with this

Presas can weigh easily over 160+lbs but you have to take in the factor that they're extremely short and super ripped/strong

A1EX
07-28-2006, 10:33 AM
Yeah....Presas to me look like a pit on steriods
I have the best of both worlds with Junebug

to answer paulines question...huge to me depends on height and strength..I mean I could feed the fuck out of my dog and make him fat but that wouldn't define him as huge it would make him fat..you get where i'm going with this

Presas can weigh easily over 160+lbs but you have to take in the factor that they're extremely short and super ripped/strong
how much did you pay for yours and what color did you i was going to get one a month ago but they wanted about 1200 and it was brindle(i hate brindle)

some old man next dooor to me let me borrow this dog bible and presas arent even in the same family as pits... pits are terriers... and presas are in the mastiff family

A1EX
07-28-2006, 10:35 AM
the funniest is when he gets running fit :lmfao: i yell out GO GO GO and he'll sprint out into the living room jump up on the couches back to the master bedroom and all over again... he is fucking nutz.
my pit does that and lays down on the couch afterwards extra tired but happy

devin
07-28-2006, 10:41 AM
yeah, mine does the same shit she will haul ass all through my house fuckin my bed up and running downstairs and going crazy, i will usually open the back door and chase her around my backyard.

kittychick
07-28-2006, 10:49 AM
yeah, mine does the same shit she will haul ass all through my house fuckin my bed up and running downstairs and going crazy, i will usually open the back door and chase her around my backyard.

:) that's great- that's what she needs
poor dogs spend (at least mine) so much time inside, they go hog wild sometimes and need to go outside to run off their energy

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 11:08 AM
i run with my pit every night ..

St0lenR
07-28-2006, 11:44 AM
how much did you pay for yours and what color did you i was going to get one a month ago but they wanted about 1200 and it was brindle(i hate brindle)

some old man next dooor to me let me borrow this dog bible and presas arent even in the same family as pits... pits are terriers... and presas are in the mastiff family

Mine's a brindle, light beige with black stripes going down his back, (like a tiger) has white knee highs in the front and ankle socks in the rear....white stripe going down the middle of his head and has a white chest

Picked him up for $100.00 bux when he was 6 weeks old...I know the dude really well so he gave it to me for free but i slid him a hundred

A1EX
07-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Mine's a brindle, light beige with black stripes going down his back, (like a tiger) has white knee highs in the front and ankle socks in the rear....white stripe going down the middle of his head and has a white chest

Picked him up for $100.00 bux when he was 6 weeks old...I know the dude really well so he gave it to me for free but i slid him a hundred
oh thats a good deal how much he usually sell them for ? a friend of mine wants one

St0lenR
07-28-2006, 12:11 PM
oh thats a good deal how much he usually sell them for ? a friend of mine wants one

500 - 800 hundred usually....he just had a litter, they're only 5 - 6 days old most of them are blue some brindle....but htey're cuties the haven't even opened up their eyes yet

OH YEAH these puppis are dual registered

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 12:15 PM
500 - 800 hundred usually....he just had a litter, they're only 5 - 6 days old most of them are blue some brindle....but htey're cuties the haven't even opened up their eyes yet

OH YEAH these puppis are dual registered

got a picture of ur pit ??

St0lenR
07-28-2006, 12:20 PM
got a picture of ur pit ??

Just on my phone!!! LOL

My digi took a dump on me :(

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 01:27 PM
so post it up bro ..

kittychick
07-28-2006, 01:33 PM
i run with my pit every night ..
can you take mine with you too? ;) I trained him to run by my side... but I've been aweful and we've not gone running for months. (he'll go with a bike too)

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 01:41 PM
can you take mine with you too? ;) I trained him to run by my side... but I've been aweful and we've not gone running for months. (he'll go with a bike too)

you can run with me if you want ..
i can barely run with mine cause she be running and i be tripping all over the daym place ..

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 01:42 PM
how old is ur dog c boz ??

kittychick
07-28-2006, 02:34 PM
he is 3 years old

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 02:43 PM
he is 3 years old

what kind of dog do you have ??

kittychick
07-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Here's my baby:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j315/cbohuczky/P1010007a.jpg

kittychick
07-28-2006, 02:55 PM
don't let the fluff fool you- he's a tough guy ;)

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 02:57 PM
i aint running with no daym poodle .. LOLZ !!!

how about you come over my way we run and run the dogs ..

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 03:00 PM
http://forums.importatlanta.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60311&stc=1

heres my princess ..
she always needs to get things her way ..
and she thinks the futon in the living room is her bed ..
and she whines next to it so she can sleep on it ..
i tell her no and she lays next to the futon ..

kittychick
07-28-2006, 03:04 PM
I don't know... you won't mind running next to this?
http://www.storesonline.com/images/site/common/en/image/imagewrap.img?picture.image.url=http://www.storesonline.com/members/1617519/uploaded/Black_Velvet_Damonds.gif&picture.width.max=300&picture.height.max=0

4dmin
07-28-2006, 03:19 PM
Here's my baby:
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j315/cbohuczky/P1010007a.jpg

holy shit cut that guy... poor dog just b/c they are poodles they dont' have to look like one :lmfao:

puff of a tail... we need to have a doggy play day... romulus would have a blast w/ him... well maybe... (romulus would probably be fighting)

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't know... you won't mind running next to this?
http://www.storesonline.com/images/site/common/en/image/imagewrap.img?picture.image.url=http://www.storesonline.com/members/1617519/uploaded/Black_Velvet_Damonds.gif&picture.width.max=300&picture.height.max=0

well see if i saw dah on a dog i would steal that shit with the quickness ..
pawn that up asap ..

kittychick
07-28-2006, 03:57 PM
holy shit cut that guy... poor dog just b/c they are poodles they dont' have to look like one :lmfao:

puff of a tail... we need to have a doggy play day... romulus would have a blast w/ him... well maybe... (romulus would probably be fighting)

awe- but we have so much fun! I do his grooming... and it takes time :)
I'll take an updated photo- just for you guys!

He's got the biggest poof on his head right now! and he's got the poofy wrists too. :goodjob:

Julio
07-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Don't come near me.. My dog will kill you !

:lmfao:

soul
07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
ALmost got a pit, but i wanted a tad bigger.

Old picture, She wieghs like 45-50 now.

The Golden Child
07-28-2006, 05:22 PM
Don't come near me.. My dog will kill you !

:lmfao:

LIRL !!!

i think my dog would gulp yours down julio .. lolz

but he/she is cute though ..

BLK JDM
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM
We are all into imports. Imports are all about power to weight.

Pitbulls are 100% power to weight. They can pull 300% their weight which is the best power to weight of any dog or animal at that. That's fact not talk.

Pitbulls aren't killers, people make pitbulls killers. Pitbulls are loyal though and that's the biggest thing for pitbull lovers. You'll never ever find another pet that wants to be around you 24/7. My boy is absolutely amazing. He gets on my nerves sometimes b/c he wants nothing but to be next to me at ALL TIMES. I'll be in my bedroom w/ the door closed and he'll sit and lay by the door and cry and wine just to be in the room. If I walk in the bathroom he wants to be in there.

There's no independence w/ a pitbull they just want to be dependent and loved by their owner. I think that's why there is a pitbull craze. I watched a older cousin raise 2 females over 8 yrs and it was soo amazing how both(he had them at different times) had there own personality but the core was the same. He has 4 little daughters and a newborn son and those 2 females loved and took care of his kids like they were puppies. His youngest daughter would ride on their backs and pull their ears and grab their cheeks and they looked soo happy just to be loved and played w/. That's the reason I got my little boy and he's slowly growing up to be just as loyal and loving to me no matter how little time I spend w/ him.

dm1995
08-03-2006, 05:38 PM
amen nicely said lol

2.2EG
08-07-2006, 03:32 PM
There is a craze around Ft Bragg for pitbulls but thats because army guys usually want anything to with the possibility of being cool. I currently have two pits and for me and my family we have them for many reasons they are very loyal, protective which is nice because I am deployed alot wife has stated she feels safer with them then the gun in the drawer, friendly with the children, and pretty much overall big babies at heart.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/TeamStreetHeat1/PIC_0019.jpg
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14/TeamStreetHeat1/PIC_0054.jpg

The Ren
08-10-2006, 03:46 PM
i havnt really looked at the entire thread but I will say this.. at work I see everything called a pitbull.. anything that even resembles one is called a pit now a days.. having a pit is a status thing.. its the cool thing to do sort of speak.. I have always been around pits.. i think they are the most intellengent and good looking dogs.. when you have a real pitbull ( or shall i say staffordshire terrier) you can tell the difference between them and what is known today as a pitbull which usually are american bulldogs or mutts with some pitbull in them... it kills me to see how pitbulls are now seen as they were ment to be guard dogs back in the olden days of royalty...not vicous fighting dogs

The Ren
08-10-2006, 03:49 PM
i know im still looking.. i had to edit my post until i can find new images

efman
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
sorry to tell you but a boxer would own a pit anyday

kittychick
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
it kills me to see how pitbulls are now seen as they were ment to be guard dogs back in the olden days of royalty...not vicous fighting dogs

they are def a breed that you respect, weither or not you want to!
there's some really good info on the breed here: http://revver.com/video/7224/739/?__session_just_started__=1

I think its the last dog on the video; that is a serious breed and needs lots of attention, mental and def physical too

The Ren
08-10-2006, 03:55 PM
pitbull aka american staffordshire terrier
http://www.dierenambulancerotterdam.nl/nieuws/images/pitbull1.jpg

Not a pitbull- american bulldog/ mutt
http://www.pet-dog-magazine.com/image-files/american-pitbull-lance1.jpg

Although people will swear that the 2nd dog is inded a pitbull.. it is not and never will be.. the muscular broad chest, the alert and well structured head, and the massive body size of the pitbull in the first picture is what a REAL pit looks like.. There will be many immatations.. but that is what a true pitbull looks like

A1EX
08-10-2006, 04:02 PM
well i know for a fact mine is a true pit.. but anyways some elton john looking guy at petco by northlake told me that staffordshire terrier's are a complete opposite of pits i personally didnt pay attention to a word he said because he was a hippy

kittychick
08-10-2006, 04:04 PM

Poor babies get their ears cut :(
my poodle has a docked tail though- so I can't really talk

A1EX
08-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Poor babies get their ears cut :(
my poodle has a docked tail though- so I can't really talk
a clipped tails throws them off balance thats why i didnt do it
im thinking about getting my dogs ears clipped though because they are oversized and make him looks fruity but i have no idea how much it costs or where to get it done at?

kittychick
08-10-2006, 04:12 PM
^Ocsi's tail was already docked when I got him when he was 3 months old- so no choice

The Ren
08-10-2006, 07:17 PM
REAL pitbulls are in 3 different catagories... staffordshire terrier, pitbull, and staffordshire bull terrier.... it depends on the size of the dog as to what catagory they are in... I was told my dog was a full pit when i got her.. and she is most definatly not a pit... but.. obviously like i said people arnt going to listen to someone who works with them for a living.. they make their own opinions and thats what they stick to

Dragonfly5338
08-12-2006, 11:58 PM
Hahahhaa, about the 100k in the household remark... 5 people living in a house each making 20k a year does not count.

Sorry, never seen a nice upper class neighborhood where every other house has a pit chained underneath their bmw or lexus in the garage.

ctzfinest18
08-13-2006, 02:56 AM
a clipped tails throws them off balance thats why i didnt do it
im thinking about getting my dogs ears clipped though because they are oversized and make him looks fruity but i have no idea how much it costs or where to get it done at?

pm me i kno a spot but its in lawrenceville are u in this area?

The Ren
08-13-2006, 06:05 AM
Hahahhaa, about the 100k in the household remark... 5 people living in a house each making 20k a year does not count.

Sorry, never seen a nice upper class neighborhood where every other house has a pit chained underneath their bmw or lexus in the garage.

never seen pitbulls chained.. but I know that chateau elon and the surrounding areas have pitbulls galore... our kennels have usually 3-10 pitbulls at one time boarding

Extrememustang
10-25-2006, 10:21 AM

A akita is worse then a pit. ALso I like pitts BUT they are a bully breed so its hard to have mor ethen one. Now I have a 215lb mastiff, big ass dog, you look at him and you get scared. What I want is another doberman,the shear height and intellgance is very nice. Also they are docile with you family and your other pets. You can have a doberman around a kitten and it want hurt it. My last one would wait till the kitten was done drinking out of HIS water bowl before he drank. Now you want something extreme get a cane or a presa,,take a pitbull and a mastiff and there you go a 185 pit.

Spectic Tank
10-25-2006, 03:45 PM

Not a pitbull- american bulldog/ mutt
http://www.pet-dog-magazine.com/image-files/american-pitbull-lance1.jpg

Although people will swear that the 2nd dog is inded a pitbull.. it is not and never will be.. the muscular broad chest, the alert and well structured head, and the massive body size of the pitbull in the first picture is what a REAL pit looks like.. There will be many immatations.. but that is what a true pitbull looks like

The American Bulldog that you call a mut is actually the true breed. Pitbulls are bred from Bulldogs. American Bulldogs were used mainly on farms for hearding cattle and protecting livestock. Then people began breeding their bulldogs with smaller "terriers" for "Pit Fighting". Hence the name Pitbull. Out of the two....the pitbull would be considered the mut.

BTW...The American bulldog is very muscular as well and will outgrow a Pitbull by atleast 30-40 pounds depending on the sex.

Spectic Tank
10-25-2006, 04:18 PM
sorry to tell you but a boxer would own a pit anyday

Sorry to tell you that Pitbulls were bred for fighting other dogs, the reason they make such good fighters is their "Gameness". Which basically means when they set out to do something they will do it no matter what the consequences are. So when it comes to fighting a boxer, not only are pitbulls much stronger but the boxer would get hurt and give up the fight way before the pit.

kittychick
10-25-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm so glad this thread was brought back today- I reread and wanted to comment on this; I guess I missed it the first time

she is challenging your postion in the house

she only uses me when my husband isn't around... i guess she's bi... :rolleyes: she knows better than to try to hump him though
he has established his dominance over him- that's why he doesn't get humped

you should consider doing training with her; especially with a child in the house, she could start the behavior with your child- and its better to train today- then have to take her to the pound b/c she hurt your child

Extrememustang
10-25-2006, 09:58 PM
I love the way a american bulldog looks, so tall and strong. I had once and she would wait in the woods all day till I got home then mosey on out to come greet me. She was very protective over me, ONLY reason i got rid of her is cause of a controlling EX wife.

mycuda
10-26-2006, 02:20 PM
Sorry to tell you that Pitbulls were bred for fighting other dogs, the reason they make such good fighters is their "Gameness". Which basically means when they set out to do something they will do it no matter what the consequences are. So when it comes to fighting a boxer, not only are pitbulls much stronger but the boxer would get hurt and give up the fight way before the pit.

I have nothing against Pits, as long as they are trained right. And the person owning it knows what they are all about. I also think that BYB has a really bad effect on this breed.
however I dont know where you got youre Info from, my Boxer wouldnt run from anyone or anything. I wouldnt count on a Pit winnning over a Boxer either :) Depends on the Dog itself.
What do you think Boxers were bred for?

The Golden Child
10-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I have nothing against Pits, as long as they are trained right. And the person owning it knows what they are all about. I also think that BYB has a really bad effect on this breed.
however I dont know where you got youre Info from, my Boxer wouldnt run from anyone or anything. I wouldnt count on a Pit winnning over a Boxer either :) Depends on the Dog itself.

are you kidding me ?? LOLZ !!!

Spectic Tank
10-26-2006, 03:33 PM

Boxers were selectively bred for hunting and holding prey – and the independent thinking ability required for that task remains a feature of the breed today. And in my previous post i never meant to imply that a boxer would run away from a pitbull, thats not the case because boxers are pretty fearless(I'm around boxers everyday...I've seen one get hit by a car at 25mph and get right back to chase a squirrel, without even hesitating). But, on the other hand Pitbulls were bred exclusively for fighting other dogs. I dont know how much you know about pits but they are surprisingly strong for their size(they can pull up to 45 times their weight, which is much more than any other breed). Now down to my statement about the boxer running away. Not only is the Pitbull stronger than a boxer, but it's threshhold for pain is the highest of any dog! So if a Pitbull and a boxer were to get into a fight, of course both will sustain injuries, but boxers do not have the "gameness" a Pitbull has. What does that mean? It means a boxer is not willing to fight to the death the same way a Pitbull is. I realize you own a boxer, and they are very powerful, and intelligent dogs, but they're not bred for fighting, its not their natural instinct, put for a pitbull it is. So not only would your Boxer be outmatched in Strength and Toughness, but the will of a pitbull can't be matched by any other dog.

BTW...I got my info from the numerous breeders, articles, books, and the AKC websites. I love dogs of all types, especially big dogs. Boxers are amazing dogs, they are way more intelligent than any pitbull and more athletic. But, when it comes to fighting other dogs Pitbull's are the master of their domain!

mycuda
10-26-2006, 05:11 PM
I had a pit before and she had her battles and yeah she would win some, but yeah the neighbors dog beat her ass a few times... and she ran! I am NOT putting down the Pits. She also turned on me also and I had to put her down. (per Law) She was a rescue dog, and I wouldnt own another one. Still think they are neat, just think there is a LOT of People who own one who shouldnt.

I think you are the one who mentioned that they MUST be trained right from the start. And I agree with that.
I didnt want to fight here, just put in m2c. Whats the point, ? We all love our Dogs right? And hopefully noone here teaches there Pit to fight :)

santacruz77
10-26-2006, 07:18 PM
why would you not get a pit they are great dogs and loyal as hell to the owners if you treat them right

StupidBikerBoy
10-27-2006, 04:27 AM
I never understood the pit thing either. why would you want an ugly dog that you had to keep your eye on?

It always seemed like a lot of people got them just cause they know most dont like them. Like a easy way they thought to get respect or something. sorta like buyin a gun and braggin to everyone. Either way I could care less unless one wonders in my direction and looks at me more than once. dead.

To each thier own

mycuda
10-27-2006, 08:29 AM
Santacruz if you read my Post you know why:)

BUT I still like them too, just wouldnt own one again. And I think they do look awsome,just not MY kind of Dog I would want again.

devin
10-27-2006, 08:35 AM
its just ignorant to have a blind hate for a breed, just from what someone hears on the fuckin news. I love my pitbull, she is the best dog i have ever owned, and i would not own another breed.

mycuda
10-27-2006, 08:38 AM
I dont HATE them, and YES a lot of People are like this.

I had one, I would not own one again, MY choice. But I dont hate them . Dont hate ANY dog.

devin
10-27-2006, 08:39 AM
i wasnt talking about you, i just meant in general

mycuda
10-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Oh... sorry.
:)

Spectic Tank
10-27-2006, 09:17 AM
I had a pit before and she had her battles and yeah she would win some, but yeah the neighbors dog beat her ass a few times... and she ran! I am NOT putting down the Pits. She also turned on me also and I had to put her down. (per Law) She was a rescue dog, and I wouldnt own another one. Still think they are neat, just think there is a LOT of People who own one who shouldnt.

I think you are the one who mentioned that they MUST be trained right from the start. And I agree with that.
I didnt want to fight here, just put in m2c. Whats the point, ? We all love our Dogs right? And hopefully noone here teaches there Pit to fight :)

Anybody who teaches their dog to fight other dogs should have their testicles removed with a dull knife. That being said...your pit fighting with the neighbors dog is not what i was talkin about. That's completely different than putting two dogs in a cage and letting them fight til the death. Because if that were the case i can alomst gaurantee the pit would be the only one walking away.

devin
10-27-2006, 09:20 AM
your exactly right

BTEC
10-27-2006, 09:21 AM
MY ROTTIE OWNS PIT. DUKE aka FAT BOY aka MY HORSE

The Golden Child
10-27-2006, 10:27 AM
LOLZ !!!

Spectic Tank
10-27-2006, 10:35 AM
MY ROTTIE OWNS PIT. DUKE aka FAT BOY aka MY HORSE

haha....sure buddy

BTEC
10-27-2006, 10:38 AM
haha....sure buddy
THE HELL U SAYING SURE FOR? U JUST WANTED TO POST SOMETHING DIDNT U? LOL!!!!

BluesClues
10-27-2006, 10:42 AM
I like them a lot because they are one of the most beautifuls dogs I have ever seen and they are well behaved (the only one's I have ever meet). They can be good guard dogs or really good family dogs

mycuda
10-27-2006, 01:05 PM
You know dont make me get the big guns out, I also have a 6 lb Maltese who will bark you to death !lol

The Golden Child
10-27-2006, 03:24 PM
You know dont make me get the big guns out, I also have a 6 lb Maltese who will bark you to death !lol

ill kick it .. or ill get my friends 4 lb taco bell dog hes a vicious lil fucker ..

mycuda
10-27-2006, 06:57 PM
Boy your're really a Animal lover, :(

how old are you....6 ?