PDA

View Full Version : Jury Finds Andrea Yates Not Guilty Of Murder

Hulud
07-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Andrea Yates showed little emotion as a Houston judge told her jurors had found her not guilty by reason of insanity in the drownings of her children.

Yates is expected to be committed to a state mental facility, where she will receive periodic reviews to consider her health and possible release.

The verdict was returned during the jury's third day of deliberations, after Yates' lawyers argued their client was delusional when she drowned her five children in the bathtub. Yates has admitted drowning all five of her kids that day in 2001.

Prosecutors contended that Yates may have been mentally ill, but she still knew what was wrong -- a defining issue for proving legal insanity in Texas.

In 2002, a jury took just four hours to convict her of capital murder. That verdict was overturned because of inaccurate testimony. The death penalty remains off the table because no new evidence was presented.

The state defines insanity as mentally illness so severe that a person doesn't know while committing a crime that it's wrong.

Jurors earlier asked to see more evidence Wednesday as they deliberated for the third day in Houston.

They asked to see a family photo and candid pictures of her five smiling youngsters taken before she drowned them in the family bathtub.

1439/2000
07-26-2006, 01:44 PM
Yeah she was fucking crazy. Killing her wouldnt have made anything better.

They should just feed her ass green jello and play her classical music in her rubber room for then next 40 years.

Ran
07-26-2006, 01:53 PM
That's bullsh*t. She admits to killing her kids and admits to realizing that it was wrong, but she's not guilty due to insanity? Our justice system is so f*cked up it's not even funny.

{X}Echo419
07-26-2006, 02:30 PM
That's bullsh*t. She admits to killing her kids and admits to realizing that it was wrong, but she's not guilty due to insanity? Our justice system is so f*cked up it's not even funny.

murders like that get off and they throw the book @ people that commit petty crimes(ie. Duluth PD). wtf :police:

ShooterMcGavin
07-26-2006, 02:38 PM
even if she's not guilty of murder she's still obviously unfit to live in this society, kill her i say :D

~The_Duke~
07-26-2006, 08:31 PM
This trail verdict sickens me to no end...

I agree with Shazam on this one...she needs to be put into old sparky or lethally injected...although a firing squad would work to...

GsrTurbo320
07-27-2006, 08:03 PM
SHE IS NOT INSANE OR ANYTHING ITS JUST A SIMPLE MURDER WTF WHY ARE THE DEFENSE LAWYERS PULLING UP STUPID THIS LIKE THIS

Xan
07-28-2006, 08:19 AM
I get it...Kill someone elses kids and it's murder. Kill your own and it's insanity. That's bullshit.