PDA

View Full Version : Who's got comcast?

EvasiveEF9
07-26-2006, 01:20 PM
When I lived in Marietta, I had comcast cable on a linksys modem, and it friggin' rocked. Always fast, and never cut out.

I moved out here to woodstock, jumped back on board with comcast, and they gave me a motorola modem.

IT CUTS OUT LIKE EVERY FUCKING 5 MINUTES!?!?!

Is this normal, and I was just lucky at my other house? Does the motorola modem suck compared to the linksys? What's up? :thinking:

LiL PaKi
07-26-2006, 01:22 PM
we have the wireless service they have and recently it's been kickin me off every 5 mins too...

civic95
07-26-2006, 01:25 PM
We have it, never had a problem

Webstar modem, and linksys router.

EvasiveEF9
07-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Right now I'm on Motorola modem, linksys router, but it was doing this even before the router was hooked up. I'm thinking of going downstairs and pulling out the linksys modem and hooking it up to see I can get better results, but then I gotta re-configure the router and modem...NOT looking forward to that.

It hasn't even been just lately, either! It's always been doin' it, it's just alot more frequent now...I wonder if they're workign on updates for the northern regions? What area are ya'll in?

Woodstock's 30min N. of atlanta.

Leadfoot_mf
07-26-2006, 03:58 PM
i have comcast and link wireless modem and router works great no real problems live in marietta.

EvasiveEF9
07-26-2006, 04:03 PM
I wonder if it's motorola. I didn't like the damn thing the day the comcast guy brought the box in my room.

ahmonrah
07-26-2006, 04:37 PM
according to what i know about comcasts service. they shouldnt have any issues with distance/connectivity from the CO like dsl service. but in the case of the router i'd say if it's wireless, check to make sure there's nothing that can cause interference inside your house like, proximity to RF TYPE devices like fax machines, 2gig+ homephones and hmmm...other wireless devices. if your connected wirelessly jsut do a direct connection with your laptop/router using an ethernet cable and see how your surfing goes from there.

ahmonrah
07-26-2006, 04:40 PM
but your on the right track though. if you've checked to make sure that there is no issue with the motorola/pc connection then check the motorola/router/pc connect. the issue might be there.but if your directly connected to the modem they sent you and your still getting booted in 5 min increments, call comcast they may have an issue with that particular area(though they shouldnt) and have them test your connection.

EvasiveEF9
07-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Alright, I'm on 10/100 cables and 10/100 router. I'll probably call them if it doesn't stop here before too long. I was just wondering if maybe someone had issues with their motorola's. I mean my computer is on 10/100 and literally less than 2 feet from the router and it's a foot from the modem...

JoeCoolinATL
07-26-2006, 06:51 PM
its not the modem
its the area youre in

brads94accord
07-26-2006, 06:54 PM
im on a motorola modem w/ linksys router in kennesaw/marietta/woodstock area around bells ferry and 575 and i have had now problems

5thgcelica
07-26-2006, 07:32 PM
we got whatever piece of crap they used to give out...... then we got our own motorolla and linksys/vonage router and it moves faster now and has probably been connected for a good 4 months and has yet to drop... besides of course the few power outtages...

EvasiveEF9
07-27-2006, 12:08 AM
Well, my assumption is the area I'm in...is there anything I can do about it?

BlkCD5
07-27-2006, 02:34 AM
Ironic, cus a friend of mine in Woodstock is having the same problem with Comcast. Just get another modem.

Black R
07-27-2006, 02:40 AM
I used to have bellsouth and they fucked up all the damn time.

Now we have comcast and no problems.

It's an RCA/ Comcast cable modem, and I run it through a netgear switch and/ or linksys WAP. :goodjob:

Leisa
07-27-2006, 08:29 AM
they dont offer it where I live, otherwise I would have it in a second... DISHNETWORK sucks ass and balls :gay:

Fes
07-27-2006, 08:42 AM
actualllu it is the modem. The motorola surfboard is the worst cable modem ever and has had quite a number of recalls.And yes , some guy from comcast told that to me

4dmin
07-27-2006, 09:24 AM
if it persist to go down yo may want to call tell them so they can check your signal.

router + cable modem = no probs... i can sit anywhere in my house/yard and have great connection; but i think i'm getting read to switch over to cingular wireless internet w/ satellite card :D

scttydb411
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
old school motorolla surf board modem, linsys wireless router, and comcast=no probs for me. i used to have problems when i had no security set on my router and it went down all the time...had to keep reseting it. router was conflicting/fighting w/ the modem. no probs connected directly to modem though.

set security on modem and put both on backup power supply to keep from going down during power outages/surges and no problems since.

N/A EK
07-27-2006, 12:23 PM
My girl got comcast with the linksys...and that shit sucks man, kicks her out,wont open page's, opening pages very very slow etc....(lawrenceville area)

coolZero
07-27-2006, 01:24 PM
My girl got comcast with the linksys...and that shit sucks man, kicks her out,wont open page's, opening pages very very slow etc....(lawrenceville area)

That almost sounds like a trojan has gotten on and highjacked your browser settings, or if you just installed something like Spy sweeper or Norton Internet Protection software recently.

N/A EK
07-27-2006, 01:28 PM
That almost sounds like a trojan has gotten on and highjacked your browser settings, or if you just installed something like Spy sweeper or Norton Internet Protection software recently.

We did but i think her comp. need's to be changed out. Her b-day is comming up in a week, so i'll buy her a new comp. or mayb a laptop:goodjob:

HeLLo iM iZzY
07-27-2006, 01:36 PM
MSN FTW!!!