PDA

View Full Version : Misc who holds more self control? (believers/nonbelievers)

4dmin
07-24-2006, 08:53 AM
i've always found it funny how christians seem to always want to question others w/o any regard of self control. they love to comment as their have some higher authority b/c they are holyer then others... right.

ya so i'm out w/ my wife yesterday and i happen to be wearing a band tshirt like always \/

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/dre700/e782/e782741mkr7.jpg

now its not too hard to see its a fucking name of a band... ok. so we stroll into target to kill some time before the movie i had atleast 3 pairs of parents stare at me w/ daggers for eyes b/c of what my shirt says. i kinda laugh to myself b/c i actually forgot what i was wearing and what day it was... this shirt always seems to make more of an impact on the sabbath day.

so we roll over the movie theatre go to the ticket booth... kate is paying ordering our tickets this bitch is staring me up/down over and over again through the ticket window... finally i say "its a band" obviously she couldn't read between the lines and very rudely:

"well do you believe that" -chick

"believe what" -me

"your shirt" - chick

"i'm not religous" -me

"well i'll pray for you" -chick

(i laugh to myself b/c i could of said a millions things to her, but i hold my tongue b/c argueing w/ such people is pointless as winning in the special olympics... end of the day your still retarded)

now back to my point. wtf crawls up christians asses to think that they have some higher authority over others that their belief system is the only belief system or that they have some power to tell your view on things. i find it amazing they are always the first to cast the first stone.

anyones thoughts?

Romeyo07
07-24-2006, 11:22 AM
I wouldn't have said anything. It's not my (or anyone else's) place to walk up to a complete stranger and tell them their opinion on what they find right or wrong with you immediately. There's a right way and a wrong way to approach people about anything. Dirty looks and rudeness never seem to work.

IMO, I think these people mean well, but don't do it right. I'd probably buy Paul a beer first, get him drunk, take advant....wait wrong plan. Actually I'm a random conversation type of person. I wouldn't directly approach someone and begin the "lecture"...which is what it always comes off as. I would spark conversation and introduce it into the conversation later. So much less confrontational. If the person isn't interested, "nice to meet you" and move along.

ahabion
07-24-2006, 01:33 PM
I guess the fairest thing to do would be, next time you see someone with a "i Love God" type t-shirt is do the same as they did to you... stare them down... and when/if they say "what you looking at?" you can say... well do you believe that? hehe

as far as self control goes... thats up to the individual. christian or non, each has their own limits.

{X}Echo419
07-24-2006, 01:44 PM
you think christians are bad? try wearing that in Iran...dead duck. :police:

next time someone says something just pretend you don't speak english and walk away. that's what I do when people irritate me :cheers:

Hulud
07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
I guess the fairest thing to do would be, next time you see someone with a "i Love God" type t-shirt is do the same as they did to you... stare them down... and when/if they say "what you looking at?" you can say... well do you believe that? hehe

and thats what we like to call a hypocrit :goodjob:

ISAtlanta300
07-24-2006, 03:01 PM
as far as self control goes... thats up to the individual. christian or non, each has their own limits.

What he said. Some will stare you down, some will shake their heads and walk away, some would give a rat's ass and yet some will plain ignore you.

It is up to the individual.

quickdodgeŽ
07-24-2006, 05:26 PM
wtf crawls up christians asses to think that they have some higher authority over others that their belief system is the only belief system or that they have some power to tell your view on things.

Because they have God on their side. Later, QD.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 07:52 AM
thanx guys i just thought it was funny... i personally would never go out of my way to say something to someone especially about religion. i kinda wish i had my nun masterbating COF shirt http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/lmao.gif now she would of really gotten a kick out of that http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/wink.gif

romeyo i'll take ya up on that beer you can talk all you want about religion if your buying :cheers:

Romeyo07
07-25-2006, 08:00 AM
Sold!

BTEC
07-25-2006, 08:03 AM
I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT. NE QUESTIONS?

Xan
07-25-2006, 08:36 AM
i've always found it funny how christians seem to always want to question others w/o any regard of self control. they love to comment as their have some higher authority b/c they are holyer then others... right.

ya so i'm out w/ my wife yesterday and i happen to be wearing a band tshirt like always \/

http://image.com.com/mp3/images/cover/200/dre700/e782/e782741mkr7.jpg

now its not too hard to see its a fucking name of a band... ok. so we stroll into target to kill some time before the movie i had atleast 3 pairs of parents stare at me w/ daggers for eyes b/c of what my shirt says. i kinda laugh to myself b/c i actually forgot what i was wearing and what day it was... this shirt always seems to make more of an impact on the sabbath day.

so we roll over the movie theatre go to the ticket booth... kate is paying ordering our tickets this bitch is staring me up/down over and over again through the ticket window... finally i say "its a band" obviously she couldn't read between the lines and very rudely:

"well do you believe that" -chick

"believe what" -me

"your shirt" - chick

"i'm not religous" -me

"well i'll pray for you" -chick

(i laugh to myself b/c i could of said a millions things to her, but i hold my tongue b/c argueing w/ such people is pointless as winning in the special olympics... end of the day your still retarded)

now back to my point. wtf crawls up christians asses to think that they have some higher authority over others that their belief system is the only belief system or that they have some power to tell your view on things. i find it amazing they are always the first to cast the first stone.

anyones thoughts?

Well, your shirt specifically targets "god." You're wearing a shirt you know Christians will find offensive. That's you casting the first stone. If you plan on sporting messages that spit on the common religion, expect to get a rise out of the followers. Besides, you aren't religious remember. What difference does it make if someone says they are going to pray for you?

Hulud
07-25-2006, 08:43 AM
Well, your shirt specifically targets "god." You're wearing a shirt you know Christians will find offensive. That's you casting the first stone. If you plan on sporting messages that spit on the common religion, expect to get a rise out of the followers. Besides, you aren't religious remember. What difference does it make if someone says they are going to pray for you?
and what about people who wear religious shirts?

i have never seen anyone go up and start saying shit with them. im sure people would bitch if paul had gone up to someone in a "jesus is my homeboy" shirt and done jsut the opposite

paul, this happened to me once too, i was wearing an atreyu sweat shirt back in the day right after suicide notes came out. it had an upside down star on it (not a pentagram), some nosy bitch comes up to me asking what its about. i tell her its a band sweatshirt and she starts saying but..but, so i say no and walk off, cause i didnt feel like getting a religious lecture

heres what it looked like (thats teh drumset, the shirt did not have a circle around it)

4dmin
07-25-2006, 09:23 AM

that is the dumbest shit in the world... material possesions don't dictate personal politics... just b/c i drive a VW doesn't mean i'm a nazi. thats like seeing someone w/ iron cross shirt like a O.C.C. shirt... they must be racist to be wearing that shirt :jerkit: ... i guess all christians wear crosses then to be offensive to non christians. lol

so what your saying is next time i see a person wearing a jesus shirt i should walk up to them cross examine them then proceed to tell them i hope you burn in your own hell for being a dumb cunt. thanx enjoy the movie. :lmfao:

Xan
07-25-2006, 10:30 AM
that is the dumbest shit in the world... material possesions don't dictate personal politics... just b/c i drive a VW doesn't mean i'm a nazi. thats like seeing someone w/ iron cross shirt like a O.C.C. shirt... they must be racist to be wearing that shirt :jerkit: ... i guess all christians wear crosses then to be offensive to non christians. lol

so what your saying is next time i see a person wearing a jesus shirt i should walk up to them cross examine them then proceed to tell them i hope you burn in your own hell for being a dumb cunt. thanx enjoy the movie. :lmfao:

First off, VW's don't represent Nazi's. Second, whose to say if someone wearing an iron cross shirt isn't racist. Have you asked them? You had on a shirt stating "eye hate god." Am I not supposed to believe you feel that way? Since you think all Christians are "dumb cunts" I'm going to assume you do. It's that, "If you don't want people to think you're a whore, don't dress like one." If personal possesions don't dictate personal politics, why are you so pissy about it. Anything Christian pisses you off. Otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread. You're so caught up in your "God sucks" and "Christians are dumb cunts" that you can't take 5 minutes to see it from their point of view. If you can't sympathise with their situation and try seeing things as they do; why should they give two shits about how you see it? Hell, if your so "unreligious", why does that "dumb cunt's" opinion even matter?

4dmin
07-25-2006, 10:56 AM
First off, VW's don't represent Nazi's.

Prototypes of the car called the KdF-Wagen (German: Kraft durch Freude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_durch_Freude) = strength through joy; the car was so called because it was intended to be sold to members of the KdF, a Nazi leisure organization),

^ try reading; you obviously don't know much about the rumor'd history of vw

Second, whose to say if someone wearing an iron cross shirt isn't racist. Have you asked them?

ok so every biker is racist then... ok good generalization :goodjob: that was the #2 dumbest statement you've made.

You had on a shirt stating "eye hate god." Am I not supposed to believe you feel that way?
i guess i forgot christians believe everything they read :lmfao: how can i hate something i don't believe in, and why would an obvious band Tshirt consitute a religious discussion. if you could read you can see the band name is obviously "EYEHATEGOD" not "I hate God"... hmm engrish please.

If personal possesions don't dictate personal politics, why are you so pissy about it. Anything Christian pisses you off. Otherwise you wouldn't have started this thread. You're so caught up in your "God sucks" and "Christians are dumb cunts" that you can't take 5 minutes to see it from their point of view.

ok #3 dumb statement... you now stating i said "GOD sucks" which is far from the true how can something SUCK if i don't believe in it? i don't force my opinions on you so why would you do the same? i guess thats just the christian way. i have never once walked up to a christian and said anything derogatory about their religion. i don't know them and they dont' know me and who they bow to is not any of my concern.

Hell, if your so "unreligious", why does that "dumb cunt's" opinion even matter?

it doesn't matter it strengthens what i believe, but this isn't about opinions of religion but who has more self control... maybe you missed the topic at hand.

nice try though.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 11:08 AM
http://www.inmusicwetrust.com/articles/images/13/p16.jpg

^ funny i've never had anyone ask me if i was racist when i used to wear my KILL WHITEY shirt from Flesh Parade

Xan
07-25-2006, 11:26 AM
Prototypes of the car called the KdF-Wagen (German: Kraft durch Freude (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kraft_durch_Freude) = strength through joy; the car was so called because it was intended to be sold to members of the KdF, a Nazi leisure organization),

^ try reading; you obviously don't know much about the rumor'd history of vw

Got me there. I don't drive a VW and I don't think anyone who drives one is a Nazi. Maybe I should start asking them.

ok so every biker is racist then... ok good generalization :goodjob: that was the #2 dumbest statement you've made.

I never said biker's are racist. I didn't generalize that all people who wear Iron Crosses are racist. I simply stated that you won't know unless you ask.

i guess i forgot christians believe everything they read :lmfao: how can i hate something i don't believe in, and why would an obvious band Tshirt consitute a religious discussion. if you could read you can see the band name is obviously "EYEHATEGOD" not "I hate God"... hmm engrish please.

Christians believe everything they're taught. It is an obvious band t-shirt. As you may well know, feelings are expressed through music all the time. An "eyehategod" shirt is an obvious religious statement. What else would it be? My engrish is just fine thanks.

ok #3 dumb statement... you now stating i said "GOD sucks" which is far from the true how can something SUCK if i don't believe in it? i don't force my opinions on you so why would you do the same? i guess thats just the christian way. i have never once walked up to a christian and said anything derogatory about their religion. i don't know them and they dont' know me and who they bow to is not any of my concern.

Earlier you said I stated "all bikers are racist." Not true. We are both guilty. I'm not a Christian. I just haven't made up my mind yet on whether or not all Christians are "dumb whores" as you obviously have. What opinion did I "force" on you? What exactly was derogatory about what the girl said?

it doesn't matter it strengthens what i believe, but this isn't about opinions of religion but who has more self control... maybe you missed the topic at hand.

nice try though.

Self control had nothing to do with your encounter. It was all curiosity. She was unsure about the meaning of your shirt and what it implied. You caught on and sparked the conversation yourself. If anyone failed the self control test it was you. You knew exactly what she was going to say and already had your answers lined up for her. If I had to guess I would say this isn't the first encounter of this nature you've had.

When you say it strengthens what you believe. Do you mind if I ask what that is? You may think religious belief is for the weak minded, but it takes more self control to live your life according to an invisible man's rules than to live by your own. Restriction tests self control, not freedom.

AlliRae
07-25-2006, 11:36 AM
I don't think that they have any more self control it's just people who aren't christians know that they don't beleive that. And they know that trying to convince a true hard core beleiver is a bit hard to do. Even if it is just to make the atleast acknowledge the idea of another religion. So people who beleive in something different usually know not to even try and don't really worry about it.

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:13 PM
You had on a shirt stating "eye hate god." Am I not supposed to believe you feel that way? Since you think all Christians are "dumb cunts" I'm going to assume you do. It's that, "If you don't want people to think you're a whore, don't dress like one."
judging people........ :lmfao:

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:16 PM
[b]

When you say it strengthens what you believe. Do you mind if I ask what that is? You may think religious belief is for the weak minded, but it takes more self control to live your life according to an invisible man's rules than to live by your own. Restriction tests self control, not freedom.
your right, it takes more self control to live in fear :rolleyes:

Xan
07-25-2006, 12:17 PM
judging people........ :lmfao:

I didn't judge. I drew a logical conclusion from what he gave me.

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:18 PM
I didn't judge. I drew a logical conclusion from what he gave me.
you said if you dont want to be called a whore dont dress like one

so your judging someone on how they dress :goodjob:

Xan
07-25-2006, 12:20 PM
your right, it takes more self control to live in fear :rolleyes:

That's a large generalization to think that ALL Christians live in fear.:rolleyes:

Xan
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
you said if you dont want to be called a whore dont dress like one

so your judging someone on how they dress :goodjob:

I was using the saying as an example. I wasn't calling him a whore....you know this.:goodjob:

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
That's a large generalization to think that ALL Christians live in fear.:rolleyes:
how so?
you do something that your god doesnt like and you goto hell, unless you honestly repent

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I was using the saying as an example. I wasn't calling him a whore....you know this.:goodjob:
i didnt say you were calling HIM anything

but you used that generalization, which you no doubt have thought/said to someone before

Xan
07-25-2006, 12:23 PM
how so?
you do something that your god doesnt like and you goto hell, unless you honestly repent

Asking forgiveness isn't that difficult is it?

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2006, 12:26 PM
It is inflamatory to me, but I would of shown some self restraint against a total stranger. I understand what Paul is trying to say, but you also have to remember that it is a very sensitive issue too. You normally don't open pickle jars with Dynamite, right?....although you technically could.

It's kinda like the girl with pink hair and the goth look. People WILL automatically assume certain things. She may be the nicest person in the world, but if you don't give her a chance you may never know that because SHE has chosen a means of expression that doesn't suit everyone. Same thing here. Paul is actually a cool guy. I KNOW him. If people didn't take the time to know him and only knew him from his persona on here, some may take a different view of him. HE chooses to express himself in the way he sees fit. I don't fault the guy for that BECAUSE I like him. IF I didn't like him, I wouldn't care what T-shirt he wore I just wouldn't like him period. Follow?

Regardless of what he WEARS, a complete stranger shouldn't have just walked up and gave HIM THEIR opinion of what he should and should not wear. He was in a public place minding his own business. Does that mean he picked the best shirt to wear to represent himself? That's for HIM to decide. If he can handle the fall out, more power to him.

:2cents:

Xan
i didnt say you were calling HIM anything

but you used that generalization, which you no doubt have thought/said to someone before

Everyone judges everyone else to some degree. Anyone who says they don't is lying. I tend to keep my mouth shut.

Hulud
Asking forgiveness isn't that difficult is it?
being honest is :goodjob:

i see all these "chrsitians" having pre-marital sex and i ask them "hey isnt that a sin?"
their response is, god will forgive me

cmon anyone who is a REAL christian would know that is a bullshit response

but yet i dont think i have ever met a REAL christian in my life

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Everyone judges everyone else to some degree. Anyone who says they don't is lying. I tend to keep my mouth shut.
i agree, but i thought jesus said not to judge right?

Hulud
07-25-2006, 12:32 PM
i've always found it funny how christians seem to always want to question others w/o any regard of self control.
its not just the christians though, paul. you saw how the muslims were up in arms about that cartoon?

i mean you wont see many muslims in america do that because the middle east is their equivalent to the bible belt

Killer
07-25-2006, 01:00 PM

anyones thoughts?

first off.. you're stereotyping...(SPL?) if u would have wore a shirt that offended another religion i'm sure would have gotten some looks as well. just as if i was wearing a christian shirt and gotten looks and comments from non christians... it's not christians that feel they have that right.. it's people in general...

i wouldn't say i get made fun of, but i do have a group of friends that "poke fun" of my beliefs.. anytime they see a cross or the "jesus fish" or a bumper sticker.. i always get some sort of remark.. so again it's just people in general that do these types of things.

Xan
07-25-2006, 01:03 PM
being honest is :goodjob:

i see all these "chrsitians" having pre-marital sex and i ask them "hey isnt that a sin?"
their response is, god will forgive me

cmon anyone who is a REAL christian would know that is a bullshit response

but yet i dont think i have ever met a REAL christian in my life

So can we agree that being a "True" Christian is much more difficult and requires much more self control than "there is no God. I do what I want?"

I know I couldn't do it. I'm way too lazy.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I never said biker's are racist. I didn't generalize that all people who wear Iron Crosses are racist. I simply stated that you won't know unless you ask.
no but you said the iron cross would mean someone is racist... well its a widely used symbol in the biker(chopper) world... ever see an OCC shirts, Harley, etc.. i know black guys w/ iron crosses on their bikes... are they racist?

Christians believe everything they're taught. It is an obvious band t-shirt. As you may well know, feelings are expressed through music all the time. An "eyehategod" shirt is an obvious religious statement. What else would it be? My engrish is just fine thanks.
ummm religious statement for who? you put middle eastern gas in your car suddenly your a terrorist, come the fuck on. that has to be the dumbest statement i've heard.

fine lets get to the grit of things... the cross is a pagan symbol so i guess every person i see wearing a cross is a pagan... i'll make sure to ask them the when the next witch burning is. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/goodjob.gif

Self control had nothing to do with your encounter. It was all curiosity. She was unsure about the meaning of your shirt and what it implied. You caught on and sparked the conversation yourself. If anyone failed the self control test it was you. You knew exactly what she was going to say and already had your answers lined up for her. If I had to guess I would say this isn't the first encounter of this nature you've had.

i guess you obviously dont' read. i never said anything to the girl though i could of easily have when she opened up the conversation; which if you read i said RUDELY. actualy i didn't even notice it as much as my wife who said SHE IS AWFUL RUDE. so who showing self control? i'm the one being questioned and i say nothing.

AND NO THIS ISN'T MY FIRST ENCOUNTER W/ SOMEONE STATING SUCH. I LIKE ALWAYS THOUGH KEEP A BUTTON LIP B/C PEOPLE LIKE THIS RATHER JUDGE W/O KNOWING MUCH LIKE YOU SIR ARE DOING NOW. YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO DON'T TALK LIKE YOU DO. THANX.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 01:13 PM
first off.. you're stereotyping...(SPL?) if u would have wore a shirt that offended another religion i'm sure would have gotten some looks as well. just as if i was wearing a christian shirt and gotten looks and comments from non christians... it's not christians that feel they have that right.. it's people in general...

i am making a generalization on 1st hand knowledge of a group of people. i've have numerous occasions of the same thing; yet you will not find a christian that i've walked up to not knowing and question their beliefs. won't happen.

again i have had tons of both christian/non christian friends and christians in general are always more judgemental then any other faith. maybe b/c there are so many more here in the south i don't know the south has been quite known as being the bible belt maybe living in cali or ny would be different.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 01:19 PM

judgeing others is going to happen no matter what/who/when... but there is a fine line i have never had a non christian friend walk up to any christian we don't know and start to question them on personal politics... but for some reason you find that to be self control to be confrontational? :thinking:

Romeyo07
07-25-2006, 01:57 PM
how so?

That's not how it works. We'll always be in sin, its how we handle ourselves after recognizing what it is that makes the difference. Like Jesus said, "go on and sin no more", meaning that "now that you know what you've done, try not to do that again, ok?"

I have a respectful fear for God, a similar fear that a child would have with their parent. I fear my mother, not that she'd beat me, but it a respectful way understanding who she is and her value. I'm not affraid to live my life, in fact I enjoy my life very much. I really don't see a downside to being Christian.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 02:04 PM
That's not how it works. We'll always be in sin, its how we handle ourselves after recognizing what it is that makes the difference. Like Jesus said, "go on and sin no more", meaning that "now that you know what you've done, try not to do that again, ok?"

I have a respectful fear for God, a similar fear that a child would have with their parent. I fear my mother, not that she'd beat me, but it a respectful way understanding who she is and her value. I'm not affraid to live my life, in fact I enjoy my life very much. I really don't see a downside to being Christian.

premarital sex is good for this... people do it all the time and i can't see how you can honestly be forgiven for something you continue to do knowly you are sinning and you will continue to. you aren't looking for forgiveness if your are in a unchanging cycle of sin.

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2006, 02:07 PM
premarital sex is good for this... people do it all the time and i can't see how you can honestly be forgiven for something you continue to do knowly you are sinning and you will continue to. you aren't looking for forgiveness if your are in a unchanging cycle of sin.

True, but that goes along with every other sin: Lying, cheating, stealing, etc. We all know it's wrong to do those things, but still "mess up" and do them over and over again.

GTScoob
07-25-2006, 02:14 PM
paul, this happened to me once too, i was wearing an atreyu sweat shirt back in the day right after suicide notes came out. it had an upside down star on it (not a pentagram), some nosy bitch comes up to me asking what its about. i tell her its a band sweatshirt and she starts saying but..but, so i say no and walk off, cause i didnt feel like getting a religious lecture

These arguments always make me think of the song "At Least I Know I'm a Sinner" from that album.

A lot of this is just that most Christians believe that it is their duty to try and convert as many people as they can before the rapture. As a result of trying to convert they're constantly judging people who need help. I'll wear similarly offensive shirts but I live a much more morally-christian life than most of the guys I know who actually go to church every weekend. At least I'm not lying to myself about where I'm going to be when I die.

Romeyo07
07-25-2006, 02:18 PM
You can be forgiven over, and over, and over again. If one were to truely submit themselves into what God calls us to be and to act how he wants us to, then overcoming this issue wouldn't be as difficult. If the desire is one's heart, God will help them with their "vice". He did it for me and my wife, lots of friends and family of ours, He can do it for anyone.

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2006, 02:18 PM
At least I'm not lying to myself about where I'm going to be when I die.

Where do you think you'll go when you die?

GTScoob
07-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Where do you think you'll go when you die?

See my new post in this section. Like I said in there I dont live a life full of sin but again I dont live a very Christian lifestyle. I just get by on a daily basis with the good morals I grew up with. I'd like to think that I'm going to heaven if there even is one.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 02:25 PM
True, but that goes along with every other sin: Lying, cheating, stealing, etc. We all know it's wrong to do those things, but still "mess up" and do them over and over again.

umm but there is a big difference in truely TRYING not to do something and doing it anyway. ;) most people don't even see premariatal sex as a sin.

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
umm but there is a big difference in truely TRYING not to do something and doing it anyway. ;) most people don't even see premariatal sex as a sin.

A sin is a sin is a sin. We may all do it regularly, but it makes no difference what WE think. If it's a sin, it's a sin. Most people perpetuate that sin because just like a compulsive liar or a clepto, it feels good although we know it's supposed to be wrong. ;)

4dmin
07-25-2006, 02:28 PM
You can be forgiven over, and over, and over again. If one were to truely submit themselves into what God calls us to be and to act how he wants us to, then overcoming this issue wouldn't be as difficult. If the desire is one's heart, God will help them with their "vice". He did it for me and my wife, lots of friends and family of ours, He can do it for anyone.

to me thats that excuse to sin, why ever ask for forgiveness until the time comes, b/c if you knownly are sinning then you are doing just that. to me its decieving your maker.

4dmin
07-25-2006, 02:30 PM
A sin is a sin is a sin. We may all do it regularly, but it makes no difference what WE think. If it's a sin, it's a sin. Most people perpetuate that sin because just like a compulsive liar or a clepto, it feels good although we know it's supposed to be wrong. ;)

but that doesn't make it right... to me its an excuse to say its wrong but i do it anyway. well why ask for forgiveness if you plan to do it again?

Romeyo07
07-25-2006, 02:33 PM
God is willing to forgive if they're actually sorry. If they don't feel bad, then I guess they're not really sorry about it.

If my son kept on misbehaving, I'd forgive him, but you better believe he's gonna get grounded. Maybe next time he'll think twice before jumping on the bed....

4dmin
07-25-2006, 02:37 PM
God is willing to forgive if they're actually sorry. If they don't feel bad, then I guess they're not really sorry about it.

If my son kept on misbehaving, I'd forgive him, but you better believe he's gonna get grounded. Maybe next time he'll think twice before jumping on the bed....

no but that is exactly what i'm talking about. are people TRUELY SORRY for sins such as premariatal sex? its kinda like the term "white lie"... we use that to make it ok to lie. a lie is a lie. and people dont' feel sorry for white lies. personally i think the big book has some good ideas but is way out dated for real life.

Jaimecbr900
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
but that doesn't make it right... to me its an excuse to say its wrong but i do it anyway. well why ask for forgiveness if you plan to do it again?

No where on my statement did I say it was "right", because it's not. You asked why people do it, and I was just merely making an observation.

I personally don't have to deal with that issue since I'm MARRIED...... :yes: :tongue1:

You should only ask for forgiveness, not only from God but from anyone, IF and only IF you are truly sorry you did something and don't plan on doing it again. If you truly TRY and fail, then you must fix your issues to avoid not doing it again.

Romeyo07
07-25-2006, 03:37 PM
Just because we enjoy sex doesn't mean we don't regret it. I used to enjoy getting drunk and high, God knows how much I regret it. Pre-marital sex is such a touchy issue with some people, but life does go on if you don't get any. Again, if in your heart you really don't feel like you're wrong, God wont step in to help you.

Hulud
07-25-2006, 11:24 PM
These arguments always make me think of the song "At Least I Know I'm a Sinner" from that album.
werd, my fav off that cd LOL

A lot of this is just that most Christians believe that it is their duty to try and convert as many people as they can before the rapture. As a result of trying to convert they're constantly judging people who need help. I'll wear similarly offensive shirts but I live a much more morally-christian life than most of the guys I know who actually go to church every weekend. At least I'm not lying to myself about where I'm going to be when I die.
:stupid:

Romeyo07
07-26-2006, 06:08 AM
Trying to tell you about Christianity and trying to pursuade you are two totally different things. I don't think once at the TNA meets did I try to pursuade anyone. I try to live my life as an example of what its like to be a Christian. So far no complaints from anyone. I know I'm a sinner, but I also know I'm forgiven.

I think I've said this more times than I can count, but there's a right and wrong way to do things. Those people are doing it the wrong way. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to take it back. I can only tell you that not every church is full of hypocrites. Not every Christian will judge you. These are the people leading by example.

I miss the TNA crew :(

Hulud
07-26-2006, 08:46 AM
Trying to tell you about Christianity and trying to pursuade you are two totally different things. I don't think once at the TNA meets did I try to pursuade anyone. I try to live my life as an example of what its like to be a Christian. So far no complaints from anyone. I know I'm a sinner, but I also know I'm forgiven.
LIES ALL LIES I TELL YOU
man you were trying to put your hands on my head like a tv preacher and heal me :lmfao:

jk

I think I've said this more times than I can count, but there's a right and wrong way to do things. Those people are doing it the wrong way. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do to take it back. I can only tell you that not every church is full of hypocrites. Not every Christian will judge you. These are the people leading by example.

I miss the TNA crew :(
i never said every christian will do that, just it seems MOST ive met do.

yea where have you been sucka?

Xan
07-26-2006, 08:59 AM
no but you said the iron cross would mean someone is racist... well its a widely used symbol in the biker(chopper) world... ever see an OCC shirts, Harley, etc.. i know black guys w/ iron crosses on their bikes... are they racist?

Once again. I NEVER said The Iron Cross pegs someone as a racist. It could, but You won't know unless you ask them. I generally try not to take things at face value. It appears the woman at the theatre doesn't either. Maybe that's why she asked you if you really hate god. Your shirt made it seem like you did.

ummm religious statement for who? you put middle eastern gas in your car suddenly your a terrorist, come the fuck on. that has to be the dumbest statement i've heard.

Where do gas companies show affiliation with any religion? Are all Arabs terrorists? ^That is the dumbest statement I've heard.

fine lets get to the grit of things... the cross is a pagan symbol so i guess every person i see wearing a cross is a pagan... i'll make sure to ask them the when the next witch burning is. http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/goodjob.gif

Maybe you should. The cross can be confusing for some given it's multiple meanings. "Eyehategod" seems fairly crystal.

i guess you obviously dont' read. i never said anything to the girl though i could of easily have when she opened up the conversation; which if you read i said RUDELY. actualy i didn't even notice it as much as my wife who said SHE IS AWFUL RUDE. so who showing self control? i'm the one being questioned and i say nothing.

AND NO THIS ISN'T MY FIRST ENCOUNTER W/ SOMEONE STATING SUCH. I LIKE ALWAYS THOUGH KEEP A BUTTON LIP B/C PEOPLE LIKE THIS RATHER JUDGE W/O KNOWING MUCH LIKE YOU SIR ARE DOING NOW. YOU DON'T KNOW ME SO DON'T TALK LIKE YOU DO. THANX.

You said you opened the conversation with "It's a band shirt." You said you've had this happen on multiple occasions. If you don't like getting the lecture from "dumb cunts" then stop giving them excuses to talk. You kept a button lip and I admire that. I'm not talking like I know you. I am, as you said, "making a generalization on 1st hand knowledge of a group of people." You said the "bitch was eyeing you up and down." You knew, as well as I, what was coming and you initiated it.

Sure, she was a bitch, but I don't see why you're bitching about it. Back in the day when I would go places with my parents my father ALWAYS forgot something and had to go back inside when we were pulling down the driveway. My mother would proceed to bitch at me, "he always does this..." and I would reply, "You know it's going to happen so stop crying about it." Same thing here.

If you were religious would it have made a difference?

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 09:12 AM

Thats my whole problem with religion(specifically christianity). You people "know" that what you do is wrong and against your so called believes but yet you STILL FUCKING DO THEM. Then you want to come up and tell people that they should live their life a certain way?? Fuck that. That is why christianity should be based upon hypocrisy(sp?) rather than jesus; hell, seems like the whole faith knows how to be a hypocrite while 99.999% dont know how to follow their church's believes.

BTW Jaime, the above qoute was not directed toward you, just everything on the whole

best thing ive heard so far in this thread. There is a saying that goes like this "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." Why is it that people on death row get a Preacher to come help them repent in the last hour?? I can go out and massacre 400 people and do bad shit my whole life and right before im executed get forgiven for my heinous crimes?? Doesnt add up to me.

4dmin
07-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Sure, she was a bitch, but I don't see why you're bitching about it. Back in the day when I would go places with my parents my father ALWAYS forgot something and had to go back inside when we were pulling down the driveway. My mother would proceed to bitch at me, "he always does this..." and I would reply, "You know it's going to happen so stop crying about it." Same thing here.

If you were religious would it have made a difference?

i'm not crying about it i asked a question either answer it or stfu... its that simple. i'm not here to debate fucking life w/ you i asked a qustion you missed the point of the TOPIC wanting to give me your view on my shirt or what she really thought (since you know her and all)

if i was religious it probably would have made a huge difference i probably would have proceeded to tell her she should refrain from judging others and read her bible some more, but i could give too shits what some dumb cunt thinks about me. it obviously didnt' bother me b/c i could of just as easy said something back or walked inside and spoke w/ the manager on how rude his worker is. but i don't give a shit, i laugh it off and go to live another day.

4dmin
07-26-2006, 09:17 AM
best thing ive heard so far in this thread. There is a saying that goes like this "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." Why is it that people on death row get a Preacher to come help them repent in the last hour?? I can go out and massacre 400 people and do bad shit my whole life and right before im executed get forgiven for my heinous crimes?? Doesnt add up to me.

lol now i have to remember that :goodjob: +25

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 09:18 AM
i'm not crying about it i asked a question either answer it or stfu... its that simple. i'm not here to debate fucking life w/ you i asked a qustion you missed the point of the TOPIC wanting to give me your view on my shirt or what she really thought (since you know her and all)

if i was religious it probably would have made a huge difference i probably would have proceeded to tell her she should refrain from judging others and read her bible some more, but i could give too shits what some dumb cunt thinks about me. it obviously didnt' bother me b/c i could of just as easy said something back or walked inside and spoke w/ the manager on how rude his worker is. but i don't give a shit, i laugh it off and go to live another day.

Funny how far off topic these religous topics always get...That would have been funny as balls if you would have just ben like "can i talk to your manager?" BTW, which movie theatre was this paul?? if it was AMC in front of target, i had some bitch say something to me a few months ago bout wearind a shirt that said ride on the front and me on the back

ahabion
07-26-2006, 09:21 AM

depends if it really is genuine for that murderor or not. not only that but still you have to be truly "saved" in christian terms. you can say that you've been saved all you want, you can get baptized a thousand times over but at the end of the day, if in your heart that was just an act or a show... sorry bud, down you go. You reap what you sow and if 400 mass massacres is what you've sowed, the heart has a way of mulitplying that and you'll reap every bit of it.

if he was genuine about it, then God has a place for him i suppose. The deeds that you do are your rewards in heaven. Same goes i guess for the premarital sex stuff.

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 09:29 AM
but as you are waiting at the "gates" if you were next in line and saw this guy in front of you get in with all his bad shit and you got rejected for getting a little ass before you were married....doesnt add up to me

4dmin
07-26-2006, 09:34 AM
Funny how far off topic these religous topics always get...That would have been funny as balls if you would have just ben like "can i talk to your manager?" BTW, which movie theatre was this paul?? if it was AMC in front of target, i had some bitch say something to me a few months ago bout wearind a shirt that said ride on the front and me on the back

ya it was AMC some brown haired chick in her late teens-20's who probably never been touched by anyone else other then her brother/father

Hulud
07-26-2006, 09:35 AM
no its not, someone injecting their beliefs upon you because you choose to exercise free speech is not even remotely similar to your dad forgetting something in the house and your mom bitching about it.

cause i dont see paul bitching about it, you are starting to sound like an {X}Echo419 Jr. :goodjob:

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 09:37 AM
ya it was AMC some brown haired chick in her late teens-20's who probably never been touched by anyone else other then her brother/father

LIRL, that sounds like the same chick. she prolly got molested or something by her catholic preist...oh shit...thats right i forgot...they only like little boys...

BTW, off topic but where in the bible oes it say its ok for preists to rape little boys??

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 09:38 AM
no its not, someone injecting their beliefs upon you because you choose to exercise free speech is not even remotely similar to your dad forgetting something in the house and your mom bitching about it.

cause i dont see paul bitching about it, you are starting to sound like an {X}Echo419 Jr. :goodjob:and right after he gave his mom that lip, she probably turned around and knocked him into the next year

4dmin
07-26-2006, 09:38 AM
but as you are waiting at the "gates" if you were next in line and saw this guy in front of you get in with all his bad shit and you got rejected for getting a little ass before you were married....doesnt add up to me

ya i make a blasphemy joke or two and i'm damned but some guys eats 10+ people and he can get through the pearly gates... if thats the type of place you believe in i want nothing of it :goodjob:

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 09:42 AM
ya i make a blasphemy joke or two and i'm damned but some guys eats 10+ people and he can get through the pearly gates... if thats the type of place you believe in i want nothing of it :goodjob:

I know right?? I can see it now

gate dude: well you had sex with 27 girls before marriage
Me: You just let osama bin ladens ass in!! WTF!!
GD: Well he repented and was forgiven for his sins
ME: You've gotta be shitting me
GD: hate to do this but ~pulls switch~
ME: AAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Hulud
07-26-2006, 09:44 AM
I know right?? I can see it now

gate dude: well you had sex with 27 girls before marriage
Me: You just let osama bin ladens ass in!! WTF!!
GD: Well he repented and was forgiven for his sins
ME: You've gotta be shitting me
GD: hate to do this but ~pulls switch~
ME: AAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
Me: Welcome my son, you have just arrived at 666 Main Street

Xan
07-26-2006, 09:49 AM

The Bible tells them christianity is the true belief system. "that they have some power to tell your view on things." What do you mean by that exactly. I think you're asking what gives them the power to tell you if you are right or wrong on things(I may be misinterpreting). She thinks she will go to heaven if she prays hard enough and lives good and that jazz. She thinks you're going to hell for wearing the shirt. In this case you exhibited more self-control even though she was doing what she thought to be right(Even if she was a bitch about it).

Just a suggestion. You might want to throw in an "Answer the question or stfu" instead of "Thoughts?" when stating your question. I stated my "thoughts" on the subject and you got shit happy on me because I didn't agree with you. Just a suggestion though.:cheers:

wantboost
07-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Well, your shirt specifically targets "god." You're wearing a shirt you know Christians will find offensive. That's you casting the first stone.
It's a shirt, i really dont see what is so offensive about it. Im Christian, he has a different opinion, okay still dont see the big deal. People have to imply that he is an evil person just because of a t-shirt? How the hell do i know he just likes the band?

Xan
07-26-2006, 09:57 AM

cause i dont see paul bitching about it, you are starting to sound like an {X}Echo419 Jr. :goodjob:

The girl asking if he hates God is free speech is it not? And yes, Admin is bitching about it IMO. He made a thread about why Christians are the way they are when he already knows the answer. He questions Christian belief all the damn time, why can't they question back?

wantboost
07-26-2006, 10:00 AM
^^eyehategod is a statment not a question

wantboost
07-26-2006, 10:01 AM
I think there are bigger things to worry about than a T-shirt

4dmin
07-26-2006, 10:01 AM

The Bible tells them christianity is the true belief system. "that they have some power to tell your view on things." What do you mean by that exactly. I think you're asking what gives them the power to tell you if you are right or wrong on things(I may be misinterpreting). She thinks she will go to heaven if she prays hard enough and lives good and that jazz. She thinks you're going to hell for wearing the shirt. In this case you exhibited more self-control even though she was doing what she thought to be right(Even if she was a bitch about it).

Just a suggestion. You might want to throw in an "Answer the question or stfu" instead of "Thoughts?" when stating your question. I stated my "thoughts" on the subject and you got shit happy on me because I didn't agree with you. Just a suggestion though.:cheers:

i don't give a shit if you dont' agree w/ me but the point is to answer the question not to analyize the situation... if she thinks i'm going to hell then she her self is doing exactly opposite what the bible teaches. only god can judge not her. obviously she needs to read more. that was the point of the whole topic.

and babel about your father has no point to the topic at hand... i can't stand when topics in this section turn into BS like this. its not that hard. either:

A) christians alot of times step over their bounds on their point of view condeming others rather then actually practicing what they preach

or

B) i think she did the right thing your going to hell someone needs to pray for you

wow that wasn't hard.

Hulud
07-26-2006, 10:03 AM
The girl asking if he hates God is free speech is it not?
it is but its also not her place to ask, just like admin knows its not his place to ask people why theu believe in god

And yes, Admin is bitching about it IMO.
you oppinion is based upon your belief, cause he was aking a question not bitching

He made a thread about why Christians are the way they are when he already knows the answer. He questions Christian belief all the damn time, why can't they question back?
last i checked he didnt just walk up to people in public question their beliefs :goodjob:

4dmin
07-26-2006, 10:07 AM
I think there are bigger things to worry about than a T-shirt

exactly... its a fucking Tshirt. like i said before material objects dont' dictate personal politics. just b/c you buy gas that comes from the middle east doesn't make you a supporter of terrorism.

i know i wouldn't assume your a terrorist just b/c that... if i saw someone w/ a rebel flag tshirt i wouldn't consider them a racist nor would i walk up to them and say hey you believe that...? you own a slave or something? :screwy:

Xan
07-26-2006, 10:17 AM
exactly... its a fucking Tshirt. like i said before material objects dont' dictate personal politics. just b/c you buy gas that comes from the middle east doesn't make you a supporter of terrorism.

i know i wouldn't assume your a terrorist just b/c that... if i saw someone w/ a rebel flag tshirt i wouldn't consider them a racist nor would i walk up to them and say hey you believe that...? you own a slave or something? :screwy:

You're right. She should've kept her damn mouth shut. Christians need to worry about themselves before they manage the spiritual welfare of others.

4dmin
07-26-2006, 10:20 AM
You're right. She should've kept her damn mouth shut. Christians need to worry about themselves before they manage the spiritual welfare of others.

:goodjob: see that wasn't that hard.

2.0civic
07-26-2006, 10:21 AM

lol, 4 pages later

Killer
07-26-2006, 10:22 AM
i am making a generalization on 1st hand knowledge of a group of people. i've have numerous occasions of the same thing; yet you will not find a christian that i've walked up to not knowing and question their beliefs. won't happen.

again i have had tons of both christian/non christian friends and christians in general are always more judgemental then any other faith. maybe b/c there are so many more here in the south i don't know the south has been quite known as being the bible belt maybe living in cali or ny would be different.

actually u r totally correct!!!! i moved here from michigan.. and yes there are christians in michigan, but it's completely different from being here in the "bible belt"

4dmin
07-26-2006, 10:25 AM
lol, 4 pages later

i think the funniest one i ever had was this chick when i was in high school walked up to me face::face and said "jesus loves you and i'm going to pray for you" .... i was like damn word gets around quick about goats blood and virgin alters :lmfao:

actually to this day i have no clue other then she possibly poped into our religion/philosophy club i started when i was in highschool or over heard something about me. shit still brings a smile to my face.

Jaimecbr900
07-26-2006, 10:30 AM
This topic has strayed so far off course it won't ever find it's way back.....

Everyone here knows my basic beliefs, it's no secret. With that said, I personally think that it's just a T-shirt. He bought it. He can wear it. If he was standing there preaching to my kids about HIS beliefs it would be one thing, but just walking by wearing a shirt???? That's dumb.

Too often we worry more about what's on someone else's plate rather than making sure ours is clean. IF Paul had engaged her in a relevant conversation, then I would probably feel different. But he was merely standing there, so IMO she really has no business passing judgement w/o him opening his mouth.

He was in a public place doing something that wasn't illegal. IF he wore something to MY house he KNOWS I or my family would find offensive, then he would not be being very much of a friend. But in a public place??? It is not anyone's business to opinionate unless he is purposely offending them directly.

Xan
07-26-2006, 10:33 AM

I'm tired of arguing with ya. She's a bitch, but I don't think all of em are that way. For some people, material possesions dictate personal politics, others not. It's hard to tell unless you really know the person.

I gotta get back to work. Go easy on the "dumb cunts" Admin.:cheers:

Hulud
07-26-2006, 10:51 AM
This topic has strayed so far off course it won't ever find it's way back.....

Everyone here knows my basic beliefs, it's no secret. With that said, I personally think that it's just a T-shirt. He bought it. He can wear it. If he was standing there preaching to my kids about HIS beliefs it would be one thing, but just walking by wearing a shirt???? That's dumb.

Too often we worry more about what's on someone else's plate rather than making sure ours is clean. IF Paul had engaged her in a relevant conversation, then I would probably feel different. But he was merely standing there, so IMO she really has no business passing judgement w/o him opening his mouth.

He was in a public place doing something that wasn't illegal. IF he wore something to MY house he KNOWS I or my family would find offensive, then he would not be being very much of a friend. But in a public place??? It is not anyone's business to opinionate unless he is purposely offending them directly.

touche :bump:

Romeyo07
07-26-2006, 11:37 AM
the moral of the story...buy the Admin beer and you can talk about his shirt all you want.

4dmin
07-26-2006, 11:39 AM
the moral of the story...buy the Admin beer and you can talk about his shirt all you want.

dude FREE beer equals free ear to listen :cheers:

you buying i'm listening :goodjob:

Hulud
07-26-2006, 11:43 AM
dude FREE beer equals free ear to listen :cheers:

you buying i'm listening :goodjob:

i would listen to almost anything for free beer

4dmin
07-26-2006, 11:52 AM

i would listen to almost anything for free beer

no doubt thats why the offer is there... shit i would probably go to church if they served during mass :lmfao:

Jaimecbr900
07-26-2006, 11:53 AM
We should all go have a beer and wings one night and discuss religion....... :lmfao: .....well, maybe just beer and wings...... :lmfao:

As long as Paul doesn't wear that DAMN SHIRT....... :D :lmfao:

4dmin
07-26-2006, 12:06 PM
We should all go have a beer and wings one night and discuss religion....... :lmfao: .....well, maybe just beer and wings...... :lmfao:

lol i'll wear my Kill Whitey shirt. i'm down for beer/wings!!! we should make a IA religion beer/wings night; could be fun. could get quite interested w/ a few beers in us....

JESUS IS REAL.... YOUR MOM IS REAL... :tongue1: :duel: :police: :locked:

Hulud
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
no doubt thats why the offer is there... shit i would probably go to church if they served during mass :lmfao:
:lmfao:

i am NEVER going to discuss religion or politics while having beer, dont want to ruin the buzz trying to think LOL

but yea we should go get some beer & wings (the religion forum people)

so we can actually meet who we are discussing with

Jaimecbr900
07-26-2006, 12:27 PM
lol i'll wear my Kill Whitey shirt. i'm down for beer/wings!!! we should make a IA religion beer/wings night; could be fun. could get quite interested w/ a few beers in us....

JESUS IS REAL.... YOUR MOM IS REAL... :tongue1: :duel: :police: :locked:

UUUFFFFF!!!! That'd be about as good as mixing beer and politics...... :hanged: :surrender :boxing: :headslap: :umno: :no: :eek: :crazy: