PDA

View Full Version : Was it just me that noticed this at Tunerfest...

Nemesis
07-24-2006, 06:08 AM
but did the track folks at Commerce ever prep the track at all?

I mean Ive been to Import Showdown for almost three years now, and I notice those track guys are bustin their ass every 15 set of runs or so cleaning the track down and prepping it. I loved the event, but I honestly would complain to the track folks about the crappy job they did. Also, what was the deal with waiting so long for runs? I know there was a higher volume of cars, but I remember on my second run of the day (my last one also), there was nobody moving in any of the lanes for about 15-20 minutes (not when there was the accident on the track). It would have been cool if it was just non stop track runs from 3pm till whenever. Now Im a fan of drifting, but why was the track shut down for the Drift Expo? I would have gone to watch anyways, but I know some guys went there just to run all day and they arent interested in drifting.

Just some general thoughts and comments :)

Flip
07-24-2006, 06:44 AM
I noticed this too. It seemed like a lot of people were having trouble with their launches as well. Maybe this was a product of poor track prep? The wait was pretty bad too. My first run early in the day went pretty quick but as the day went on the wait kept getting longer and longer even though the line didn't seem to get much longer, just the speed at which people were pulled through...

Despite all this I had a great time tho :). Lots of cool cars dragging and great drift drivers!

N/A EK
07-24-2006, 07:04 AM
I did 1 run(time suck'd) and on my second run , they shut down the track cuz of the storm...Had no luck at all.

Nemesis
07-24-2006, 08:37 AM
bump

Brett
07-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I heard guys sayin on thier first few runs the tires werent gripping on the track, they said it seemed the track wasnt prepped

The Golden Child
07-24-2006, 09:06 AM
O RLY !!!

4dmin
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
i heard the track wasn't preped well this is defiantely something for us to discuss w/ the track. i didn't even get to watch any drag racing so i can't say what the problems were there. definately let me know though on anything that needs to be address so i can talk to the track.

MongolPup
07-24-2006, 09:43 AM
I want to hear about the accident.

4dmin
07-24-2006, 09:47 AM
^ what accident?

MongolPup
07-24-2006, 09:50 AM
"there was nobody moving in any of the lanes for about 15-20 minutes (not when there was the accident on the track)."

Seems to imply that there was another time they had to wait for awhile because there was an accident. Maybe I read it wrong.

4dmin
07-24-2006, 09:51 AM
^ oh i don't know... i never even saw the track :goodjob:

MongolPup
07-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Damn.....kept busy eh.

thinkfast®
07-24-2006, 09:52 AM
I thought I would see Kate in the bikini contest, I was sadly disappointed though

4dmin
07-24-2006, 10:06 AM
I thought I would see Kate in the bikini contest, I was sadly disappointed though

na she didn't want to do it this year... she didn't have time to workout weeks before the event... you know how women are :crazy:

HiPSI
07-24-2006, 11:56 AM
"there was nobody moving in any of the lanes for about 15-20 minutes (not when there was the accident on the track)."

Seems to imply that there was another time they had to wait for awhile because there was an accident. Maybe I read it wrong.

that was due to only having the one EMT team there. while we were drifting they are required to be over there and nobody can run the track without EMT's over there ready as well. two EMT crews would be awesome but that's just mo $$$$$$$$$$.

§treet_§peed
07-24-2006, 03:39 PM
Commerce never takes care of the track..i mean you either will spin really bad or sorta start bouncing when you launch..i would say that yeah they need to do a bucnh of track prepping and fixing..also there are alot of cracks in the pavement....

Stormhammer
07-24-2006, 04:52 PM
what HiPSI said - they had to have the EMT team there - thats why after the first drift, you heard the drags going on, then there was a break and you could hear more drifting etc

and as for the accident, it wasn't a crash more so as someone's MR2 blew the fuck up

Julio
07-24-2006, 05:01 PM
i been hearing the same shit for the last 8 years Ive been going to commerce.

I said this before And I will say it again.. if you can pull good #'s at commerce with what you got , you will do better somewhere else. unless the track is worst.

I got 4 runs in... 14.7/14.7/15.2/14.2/ My 15.2, I was simply sleeping at the light.

only one EMT thats why the track was shutdown when Drift was going on. ;)

Bruce Leroy
07-24-2006, 05:20 PM
I HATE commerce. I can only compare it to silver dollar tho.

Stormhammer
07-24-2006, 05:22 PM
eh, in my opinion, a track is a track. I'm glad that GA at least has one in the north and one in the south.

§treet_§peed
07-24-2006, 05:31 PM
:werd:

spyder_doo
07-24-2006, 10:06 PM
hey who was all down there from here? I was driving the orange mazdaspeed miata. Lots of nice cars down there. The storm sucked real bad but oh well.

TIGERJC
07-24-2006, 10:21 PM
what HiPSI said - they had to have the EMT team there - thats why after the first drift, you heard the drags going on, then there was a break and you could hear more drifting etc

and as for the accident, it wasn't a crash more so as someone's MR2 blew the fuck up

what color was the mr2 and do u know the owners name. Shit, mr2's are blowing up left to right

SixSquared
07-24-2006, 11:14 PM
Commerce is notorious for bad track prepping/upkeep.. times at Commerce are almost always slow. Especially after Southern Nationals.. they rarely do proper track prep... at least that's been my experience. Bad/no grip, slick spots, cracks, bumps.. especially down towards the end.. makes for a terrifying ride at times.

mp5o
07-24-2006, 11:19 PM
what color was the mr2 and do u know the owners name. Shit, mr2's are blowing up left to right

LOL That was my MR2 and it didnt blow the fuck up. It just blew a coupler off, busted a vacum hose, and blew the intake off the turbo(How? :thinking: ).