PDA

View Full Version : Integra drain plug

Integseeker04
07-23-2006, 09:38 PM
I think that mine is stripped. It is slowly leaking oil, and I want to know that if the only way to fix it is to get it replaced. Somebody please help.

SLow_POke
07-23-2006, 10:00 PM
I think that mine is stripped. It is slowly leaking oil, and I want to know that if the only way to fix it is to get it replaced. Somebody please help.

assuming your talking about the motor oil engine drain plug. might be just the washer seal, should be ok if you buy a new drain plug with new seal washer.

-Ernie

Integseeker04
07-23-2006, 10:46 PM
To be more specific, the drain plug is just spinning and not tightening or loosening. I hope the problem is just the drain plug, but I fear that it is the inside strips on the pan. What should I do?

NAIZBST
07-23-2006, 11:02 PM
you can go to any auto parts store and they sell oversized drain plugs for stripped out oil pans, you just have to rethread the pan and put the new plug in. I would recommend bringing it to a shop and let them fix it for you.

Integseeker04
07-23-2006, 11:11 PM
What shop can I take it to and how much would it cost?

NAIZBST
07-23-2006, 11:20 PM
really any automotive shop and it should just cost a few bucks

CSquared
07-23-2006, 11:25 PM
Are the threads on the bolt noticeably messed up? If so I might try to get a clean drain bolt and see if the threads on the pan are salvageable. You can get one for prob like 2-3 bucks. If not... bringing it to a shop is your best bet... Don't ask us how much it's going to be... call and do some of your own legwork. They'll usually give you a ballpark estimate on the phone.

Integseeker04
07-23-2006, 11:30 PM
Trust that I will do my own leg work, but I was hoping that maybe someone would have an idea if they had it done before.