PDA

View Full Version : Misc Vision Closing

{X}Echo419
07-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I got this email this morning. looks like their shutting down for good...can't say I'll miss the $20 cover charge. :no:

"In just 2 short weeks (August 5th), Vision Nightclub & Lounge will close its doors forever.

Come say goodbye to the celebrity playground that played host to Britney Spears, Ludacris, Will Smith, Fergie, Josh Duhamel, P Diddy, Kevin Federline, Usher, Nelly, Snoop Dogg, Tommy Lee, Denzel Washington, Kanye West, Beyonce, Janet Jackson, Chipper Jones, Jay Z, LL Cool J, Shaq, Michael Jordan, the Atlanta Falcons, Hawks, Thrashers, and Braves and so many other notables. It is the final celebration of the greastest club the city has ever seen; ultimately an end of an era in Atlanta nightlife history.

Come remember all the great Saturday nights that were spent with friends, the parties, the hook-ups, the stories, and the tall tales. Enjoy one last horrah as Atlanta says goodbye to the club that graced the pages of InStyle, People, US Weekly, Star, Life and Style, In Touch Weekly, OK Weekly, National Enquirer, Club World, Maxium, every Atlanta publication and more.

After 4 years of hosting the biggest party in the city, it is time to come, celebrate and say goodbye. Thank you Atlanta for making Vision Nightclub & Lounge the biggest and best in the nation.

Don’t miss out on the final countdown of Vision Nightclub & Lounge…

3….2….1… "

Bruce Leroy
07-21-2006, 10:15 AM
I've known about this for a while. To bad I will never go.

ironchef
07-21-2006, 10:15 AM
Why are they closing if they're so "big" and "popular".

TRINI4LIFE
07-21-2006, 10:34 AM
Werd??? That is crazy. So why would they do all that renovation then close it?

Scrilla
07-21-2006, 10:36 AM
Sumone prolly got caught doin sumfin they wasnt supposed to...

yerrow
07-21-2006, 10:45 AM
they got bought out by a financial group thats closely related to trumps group.

hemi
07-21-2006, 11:50 AM
They are putting a high rise condo in the spot. The guys that "own" Vision don't actually own the land... The landlord got a real good offer, and decided to sell. The same guys that have that spot acquired the old Velvet room across the street. Now that their cash cow is going away, the should speed up the build out of the new spot. I heard early next year, maybe even New Year's Eve grand opening?

Tim0713
07-21-2006, 01:22 PM
Wow, thats crazy. They spent like 2mil on renovations and sound equipment and now like down the drain? Sucks when those conglomerates just come into town and swoop everything up like it was their own little playground. Anyone hear if they gonna open up a new location around town somewhere?

Pablo
07-21-2006, 02:20 PM
a little birdie told me that the owner of visions is the same owner of the compound.
so, the compound will be the new visions

ClipseGST
07-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Yea, I've known about this since last year. The condo's that will be built will be very nice... but unfortunately built in a saturated condo market in Atlanta. They'll end up opening a vision's somewhere else in the metro. Most clubs are moving into Decatur or south Metro anyway. Too many rules in Atlanta.

FAREWELL VISIONS!!!

hemi
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Compound and Vision have 2 different owners.
The immediate replacement is going to be Fever. The party usually follows Kenny Flynn(inlikeflynn). The hip hop crowd will follow AG entertainment (112, Chocolate, Club Bleu, and probably a night at Fever.). That's the guy that actually owns Vision, Alex Gidewon.
Your right about the rules in Atlanta. The main one being no alcohol after 2:30. You can pour till4 OTP... and then the parking...
I still expect some other megas spot to open in the city.

hemi
07-21-2006, 04:05 PM
O, and that 2 mill that was spent on the renovations... was made back in the first 2 weeks of being "the new Vision"...

ORGANIZATIONXIII
07-21-2006, 04:38 PM
but still with the money of the renov. their losing a lot "revenue"
that was a GREAT spot, minus all the construction.. where else would they regroup and set up shop?

atlvi3tb0i
07-21-2006, 04:42 PM
sux

BLk92DA
07-21-2006, 05:37 PM
knew this since last year..but yea, bye bye visions

hemi
07-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Aside from the spot across the street, (Velvet room, and whatever was next to it) who knows... I remember the first time I heard about Compound, it's where?? Now it's the place to be... They aren't going to Buckhead that is for sure... I don't know what'll be next, they had a sweet location. Prolly something near there...

ACCORDRYDA23
07-25-2006, 05:15 PM
ill be there..... that place gonna be packed aug 5th... holla at me for guest list....

Z33_kid
07-25-2006, 05:51 PM
a little birdie told me that the owner of visions is the same owner of the compound.
so, the compound will be the new visions

true that haha i remmber when i got kickd out compound but yea ima go to vision gonna be good

B18c-rex
07-25-2006, 07:59 PM
Never went and def not going for the 20 dollar cover. Heard alot of wana be celebrity types go there.

kittychick
07-25-2006, 08:21 PM
^^for free every saturday night (guest listed)

from a business point of view; they moved to a "price sensitive" area of p'tree and realestate is very valuable there, in addition, its not a good part of p'tree to party in... compound has also done a great job of marketing in atl and compeition=decreased revenue for everyone

...but that's only my guess

nightracer
07-26-2006, 01:42 AM
blue flame was better anyway

* flame suit * :D

{X}Echo419
07-26-2006, 02:33 PM
I wish all the damned clubs would move to underground. this way I could just take the damn train and not spend half the night arguing about who's driving. :D

toonz
07-26-2006, 02:44 PM
thats f'ed up

hemi
07-26-2006, 02:56 PM
This thread inspired me to make a couple of phone calls...
Turns out that they did buy Compound, they bought the whole block that Velvet Room was on wnd will open a huge place there by the end of the year.
They also now own Club Bleu off of West Paces Ferry...
this guy is a Juggernaut...

TeeJay
07-27-2006, 10:35 AM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e381/timbo1380/haharave.gif

BTEC
07-27-2006, 10:44 AM
AT LEAST I GOT TO SEE TOO SHORT. "AINT NUN LIKE PIMPIN JUST LET IT ROLL"
"MUTHAFUKIN BITCH GAWDDAMN ASSHOLE"
"AINT NUN LIKE PIMPIN JUST LET IT QUIT"
"MUTHAFUK U DAMN SHIT HEAD BITCH"

ShooterMcGavin
07-27-2006, 02:40 PM
hmmm never been to visions, guess it'll stay that way too.

Tasuki_Civic
08-03-2006, 08:45 PM
im on my way thur tonite....lol and tomorrow. i dont go out much so i think this would be fun. i'll get to see some ol' and new friends

1SICKLEX
08-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Is it just me or Vision every other month advertises:
1. WE ARE CLOSING OUR DOORS FOREVER

THen the following weekend
2. OUR GRAND RE-OPENING OF VISION

I reamember when it was Kaya and u could parking lot pimp across the street!!

1SICKLEX
08-05-2006, 12:45 PM
The traffic and line was ridiculous. I rolled by after seeing RIcky Bobby and it was nuts out there!!

atlvi3tb0i
08-06-2006, 12:21 AM
i m fuck ass hell but i had fun thought

Tasuki_Civic
08-06-2006, 01:53 PM
Is it just me or Vision every other month advertises:
1. WE ARE CLOSING OUR DOORS FOREVER

THen the following weekend
2. OUR GRAND RE-OPENING OF VISION

I reamember when it was Kaya and u could parking lot pimp across the street!!

nah its true this time alex ( the owner ) is buyin the compound or atleast is taking part ownership, but thats what ive been told by the pple who are family to him.

AtifSajid
08-06-2006, 04:33 PM
Man that place was ridiculous, we had a table, and couldnt step out of the area without being mobbed. It was hot, I stayed for about 45 minutes and bounced. shit was like 5,000 people. I need some elbow room.

mirageturbo
08-07-2006, 07:41 AM
THe club biz is difficult in ATL, so it does not surprise me that the owner of Vision is partnering up with compound.