PDA

View Full Version : Misc ? for the Atheists

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 12:24 PM
Ok what do you think about it?

Things swirling in the atomsphere and then an explosion and then some other stuff happened and here we are?

If so, where the stuff floationg in the atmosphere come from? Then where did that come from?

Or, did a supreme being create all this stuff and then stop caring about everything?

4dmin
05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
its about as likely as virgins being impregnated and bodies resurrecting... but my personal take is divine intervention of sort but not what man has become to believe.

Hulud
05-25-2006, 12:45 PM
its more likely than a woman being less equal than a man, a woman being made from a rib, a talking snake, a man separating the red sea

but thats my :2cents:

metalman
05-25-2006, 12:49 PM
Again with "likelyhoods" based upon human reasoning....good luck with that.

The EVIDENCE on the other hand...as stated and pointed out numerous times on this board....would lead one to think that Creation is quite plausible...and even likely. ;)

Hulud
05-25-2006, 12:52 PM
The EVIDENCE on the other hand...as stated and pointed out numerous times on this board....would lead one to think that Creation is quite plausible...and even likely. ;)
evidence.... :rolleyes: right buddy :goodjob:

4dmin
05-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Again with "likelyhoods" based upon human reasoning....good luck with that.

bahhhh ok evidence from what your HUMAN REASONING... good call :lmfao:

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 02:21 PM
its about as likely as virgins being impregnated and bodies resurrecting... but my personal take is divine intervention of sort but not what man has become to believe.

Maybe I missed it but did you dodge the question? How did Earth and all the planets get here? Cosmic explosion, a supreme being, something else?

Somebody answer that question or give it a shot at least.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe I missed it but did you dodge the question? How did Earth and all the planets get here? Cosmic explosion, a supreme being, something else?

Somebody answer that question or give it a shot at least.

i didn't dodge the question i answered it. if you want a better explanation ask a more indepth question. divine intervention starts the cycle and evolution/science has done the rest. BAM KICK THAT UP A NOTCH! we are here.

ps. i still dont' belive in your GOD so dont' mistake my answer.

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 02:46 PM
i didn't dodge the question i answered it. if you want a better explanation ask a more indepth question. divine intervention starts the cycle and evolution/science has done the rest. BAM KICK THAT UP A NOTCH! we are here.

ps. i still dont' belive in your GOD so dont' mistake my answer.

What? Do you know me or my God?

Divine intervention. Interesting. Who do YOU think did that? (Just asking, I'm not implying shit)

Have you ever read The Phenomenon of Man by Teilhard De Chardin?

I also believe it was started on a path and it evolved into other things.

Anyway to your assumptions of my beliefs, I'm not a bible thumper, I'm educated and I'm asking other educated people questions. I think you have me all wrong.

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 02:52 PM
I believe that God created all things.

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 02:56 PM
I believe that God created all things.

Rad.

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 02:57 PM
Hey you were asking what we believed happened. I dont believe in the big bang theory at all.

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 03:00 PM
Hey you were asking what we believed happened. I dont believe in the big bang theory at all.

Uh huh. Your name is biblethumper and have been here for how long with how many posts?

I'm looking for open minded arguments. Why do YOU not believe in the big bang theory?

On a side note, I question everything and everybody. If somebody thinks they know me or my beliefs from the internet alone, they are the furthest from it.

I dont think I'm overtly biased I just play the advocate for a God most of the time when there is none.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 03:03 PM
What? Do you know me or my God?

Divine intervention. Interesting. Who do YOU think did that? (Just asking, I'm not implying shit)

Have you ever read The Phenomenon of Man by Teilhard De Chardin?

I also believe it was started on a path and it evolved into other things.

Anyway to your assumptions of my beliefs, I'm not a bible thumper, I'm educated and I'm asking other educated people questions. I think you have me all wrong.

i didn't assume anything... all i said is dont believe in your god... so if you do/don't have one my image of GOD (a god) mine is different then yours. if anyone is making assumptions you are assuming that you believe in the image of god that i have. the last line was added b/c you made me restate my answer b/c you said i dodged your question.

NO GODS NO MASTERS , CHOOSE YOUR HEAVEN

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:04 PM
I understand that. I was told that there was a religion forum on this site and came to see what was up with it and give my opinion like everyone else. I was brought up in a Christian home. My Grandparents are preachers and so I have been born into the religion. I myself went away from the church because I felt that I was being pressured into believing. But certain things in my life brought me back to God. Everyone has their right to believe what they want to and I am not here to push my beliefs onto anyone.

1439/2000
05-25-2006, 03:08 PM
i didn't assume anything... all i said is dont believe in your god... so if you do/don't have one my image of GOD (a god) mine is different then yours. if anyone is making assumptions you are assuming that you believe in the image of god that i have. the last line was added b/c you made me restate my answer b/c you said i dodged your question.

NO GODS NO MASTERS , CHOOSE YOUR HEAVEN

Aha you added a line since I last saw this. I see what you're saying but isnt that self explanatory about everybody has their own image of God? Like reading a book. 2 people read the same thing but think the characters look different.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 03:13 PM
Aha you added a line since I last saw this. I see what you're saying but isnt that self explanatory about everybody has their own image of God? Like reading a book. 2 people read the same thing but think the characters look different.

well yes and no... christians or any religion has a more general idea of what their god is so... if you ask two christians the same question answers will be similar... we all know i'm not religious so my image of god is different then a christians image of GOD.

god <> GOD

^ get my drift

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:20 PM
I get your drift. I look to my God as a supreme being and you dont believe in Him at all. I am not going to hold it against you at all. I am not here to judge.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 03:24 PM
I get your drift. I look to my God as a supreme being and you dont believe in Him at all. I am not going to hold it against you at all. I am not here to judge.

exactly... i personally just like to invoke thought... discussing religion is like taking a knife to a gun fight... your not going to win but hey you gain perspective... next time take a gun :goodjob:

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Right Right. Religion will ALWAYS be a matter of debate. There will always be the believers and nonbelievers. But I think we can coexist as long as we dont push our religion on those we know dont share the same opinion. Like I hate it when JW's come knocking on your door and basically shoving their lil pamphlets in your face.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 03:30 PM
Right Right. Religion will ALWAYS be a matter of debate. There will always be the believers and nonbelievers. But I think we can coexist as long as we dont push our religion on those we know dont share the same opinion. Like I hate it when JW's come knocking on your door and basically shoving their lil pamphlets in your face.

lol actually i enjoyed it... my father is disfellowshiped and always had an earful for those wanting knock on the door and discuss the end of the world ;)

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:32 PM
I can understand that. But I dont like the whole let me knock on your door and tell you about God even though I have no idea if you believe in Him or not.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 03:35 PM
^ what kills me is the children they brainwash into doing this... seriously i believe its as bad as prostitution

biblethumper
05-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Yeah I really do hate the whole pushing religion upon kids. If my children tell me they dont want to go to church anymore I will not make them go. That is their choice. Right now they love it and I pray that that attitude continues.

Paul here is the twist to my story.....

My ex (kids dad) is an atheist. I never pushed my religion on him and he never gave me crap about it either. I took the kids to church with me, but promised him that if the kids decided that they did not want to go to church anymore I would not make them.

4dmin
05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
but promised him that if the kids decided that they did not want to go to church anymore I would not make them.

that is cool... this is why i would never marry a christian... b/c its such a sensitive subject... its good though you allow your children that right, i will do the same when if ever i have kids.

metalman
05-25-2006, 04:33 PM
evidence.... :rolleyes: right buddy :goodjob:

Thats whats interesting about this subject. You and the other naysayers have presented NOTHING in the way of physical evidence in favor of your position. No actual EVIDENCE of any kind. Only disbelief and reasoning, no PHYSICAL evidence

Creationists here however have presented UNREFUTED PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of Creation in our discussion on the subject. I can mention several things that have NEVER been refuted even slightly.

As you know, I am all about freedom, believe whatever you wish, I am completely okay with that, youre an allright dude for the most part but you LIE if you say evidence for creation has not been given. Its been given, and plenty of it. :goodjob: ;)

4dmin
05-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Creationists here however have presented UNREFUTED PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of Creation in our discussion on the subject. I can mention several things that have NEVER been refuted even slightly.

NEVER EVER?

Hulud
05-26-2006, 10:13 AM
Thats whats interesting about this subject. You and the other naysayers have presented NOTHING in the way of physical evidence in favor of your position. No actual EVIDENCE of any kind. Only disbelief and reasoning, no PHYSICAL evidence
if we havent "presented" any evidence than neither have you ;)
you say look around, test the bible, you can do the same for science :eye:

Creationists here however have presented UNREFUTED PHYSICAL EVIDENCE of Creation in our discussion on the subject. I can mention several things that have NEVER been refuted even slightly. :lmfao:
unrefuted? thats a good one
using god as an answer is only plausible to the believers because god can do anything according to you :goodjob:

As you know, I am all about freedom, believe whatever you wish, I am completely okay with that, youre an allright dude for the most part but you LIE if you say evidence for creation has not been given. Its been given, and plenty of it. :goodjob: ;)
let me say again there is no UNREFUTED evidence, thats only in your eyes
believe waht you want i dont care but do go saying that you have presented UNREFUTED evidence because evidence for all sides can be refuted ;)

metalman
05-26-2006, 10:34 AM
if we havent "presented" any evidence than neither have you ;)
you say look around, test the bible, you can do the same for science :eye:

:lmfao:
unrefuted? thats a good one
using god as an answer is only plausible to the believers because god can do anything according to you :goodjob:

let me say again there is no UNREFUTED evidence, thats only in your eyes
believe waht you want i dont care but do go saying that you have presented UNREFUTED evidence because evidence for all sides can be refuted ;)

Okay. Why dont you undertake a discussion of pulonium halos. These nano second lasting "bubbles" are physically present in rock that forms the foundation of the earth. There is no way they can be there in the theory of evolution. That leaves us with the only other possibility on the table....instant creation by a God.

We have this physical evidence. So now what?? The only possible theory we have that can fit it at all is CREATION.

So...go ahead, get started on that, try to refute it. No one has yet. No geologist, no scientist. Those who have tried have only shown that they havent even a complete understanding of the subject. So what is the approach of "science" now? Censorship. Now thats real scientific! :rolleyes:

So then, why dont you undertake this subject. And when youre finished with that one we can move on to several other physical evidences we have, such as the SUDDEN INSTANTANEOUS appearance of complex lifeforms in our fossil record etc etc

As I have said, the evidence is there. If you wish to ignore it thats your choice and fine with me...but the evidence is still there. :)

4dmin
05-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Okay. Why dont you undertake a discussion of pulonium halos. These nano second lasting "bubbles" are physically present in rock that forms the foundation of the earth. There is no way they can be there in the theory of evolution. That leaves us with the only other possibility on the table....instant creation by a God.

We have this physical evidence. So now what?? The only possible theory we have that can fit it at all is CREATION.

So...go ahead, get started on that, try to refute it. No one has yet. No geologist, no scientist. Those who have tried have only shown that they havent even a complete understanding of the subject. So what is the approach of "science" now? Censorship. Now thats real scientific! :rolleyes:

So then, why dont you undertake this subject. And when youre finished with that one we can move on to several other physical evidences we have, such as the SUDDEN INSTANTANEOUS appearance of complex lifeforms in our fossil record etc etc

As I have said, the evidence is there. If you wish to ignore it thats your choice and fine with me...but the evidence is still there.

wow science to disprove science. hulud there is a previous discusstion on this in here

Jaimecbr900
05-26-2006, 09:25 PM
The biggest problem I have with the "Big Band theory" is the probability or lack thereof of millions of complex actions and reactions that have to occur in exact sequences in order for even the simplest organisms to "exist". Thousands of books have been written using this premise as fact, yet in the history of earth it's been unreplicable. IF pure Science could create it, why can't Science duplicate it again? We are infinitely more advanced now then we were yesterday, yet no scientist has ever created ANY new matter. Yes, we've had people say they have, but ironically enough it goes against "scientific laws"......so go figure.

Either way, anything is plausible......but using logic it looks more like it's busted rather than confirmed.

Hulud
05-27-2006, 11:13 AM

thank you Dr. Metalman for that scientific explanation.
it all makes sense now, now i suddenly believe in creationism

since scientists dont know the answer YET it must mean god did it. hmm the common answer to the unknown :goodjob:

As I have said, the evidence is there. If you wish to ignore it thats your choice and fine with me...but the evidence is still there. :)
there is evidence but its how you interpret it, as i have told you before, you can indterpret it as god and i can as science. if you want to argue that (which you seem to do) you will look like an ignorant person

Hulud
05-27-2006, 11:14 AM
wow science to disprove science. hulud there is a previous discusstion on this in here
i know so why is there another thread on this?

metalman
05-27-2006, 11:40 AM
thank you Dr. Metalman for that scientific explanation.
it all makes sense now, now i suddenly believe in creationism

since scientists dont know the answer YET it must mean god did it. hmm the common answer to the unknown :goodjob:

there is evidence but its how you interpret it, as i have told you before, you can indterpret it as god and i can as science. if you want to argue that (which you seem to do) you will look like an ignorant person

You started by saying one thing and now twisted it into another.

You mocked the idea that there IS any evidence and implied there wasn't.

Well Mr Hulud, there IS evidence. Much of it. The fact is that this specific evidence does NOT point to evolution and but ONLY to Creation as those are the only two "theorys" we have on the table. The only way this particular item can exist is for rock to be formed instantly. Other then Creation, there is no other theory known that involves instant rock! In addition there are many other physical evidences present even Darwin agreed which ONLY really point to Creation and make a strong case for it.

On the other hand, there is NO real credible evidence for evolution. It is only a theory really.

In spite of these facts I think you have stated you dont believe in Creation. I get that. What your belief is or is not isnt whats disputed. You can believe whatever you wish.

The fact remains, there IS evidence OF/FOR Creation. :)
The fact you dont accept it is beside the point.

quickdodgeŽ
05-27-2006, 12:00 PM
The fact remains, there IS evidence OF/FOR Creation. :)

Wouldn't that be more opinion? I agree with Hulud in that what you see as "creation," others would believe it is scientific. You(sorry, not you personally) think it's "creation" because you believe in God. Others may see the same thing, but since they don't believe in God, believe it to be of a scientific origin. You see where I'm coming from.

Now I know you'll probably make a response trying to make me look like I'm an idiot, because that is the usual for you towards me in here. But my reply is just that. A reply and an observation that I see. Later ,QD.

metalman
05-27-2006, 12:28 PM
Wouldn't that be more opinion? I agree with Hulud in that what you see as "creation," others would believe it is scientific. You(sorry, not you personally) think it's "creation" because you believe in God. Others may see the same thing, but since they don't believe in God, believe it to be of a scientific origin. You see where I'm coming from.

Now I know you'll probably make a response trying to make me look like I'm an idiot, because that is the usual for you towards me in here. But my reply is just that. A reply and an observation that I see. Later ,QD.

First, I have no desire to make you look like an idiot. Period. If I have done that to you I apologize. It was not intentional.

I cannot warranty what you might do to yourself. :D Hey, I am joking man....Seriously.

As to your point...

The scientific explanation/origin for the particular item is INSTANT ROCK. There is no other scientific explanation or origin.

Given that we have only two theorys on the table THIS evidence only fits with one....Creation. Therefore it clearly is evidence for the Creation theory.

Does it prove creation beyond a shadow of any doubt scientificly to all humans? No.
Is it clearly evidence for instant creation as indicated in the Bible? Yes.
Is it evidence that clearly eraticates the theory of rock being formed over milions & milions & millions of years? Yes. This discovery alone makes that theory (for which there is no evidence) impossible.

Now then, when you couple this evidence with the OTHER evidence (much mentioned in other threads) together a picture begins to emerge. And that picture clearly points to creation as the "most likely" scenario that brought us to existence.

As I said, my point was that evidence for creation exists, and clearly exists, and those who say it doesnt exist are telling something untrue. :)

Hulud
05-27-2006, 12:37 PM
As I said, my point was that evidence for creation exists, and clearly exists, and those who say it doesnt exist are telling something untrue. :)
actually it doesnt :goodjob:
how do bubbles in a rock prove creation?
untill you witness a rock or human or whatever pop out of no where into life then you can say there is evidence but until then its still only theory like evertything else ;)

quickdodgeŽ
05-27-2006, 12:41 PM
First, I have no desire to make you look like an idiot. Period. If I have done that to you I apologize. It was not intentional.

I cannot warranty what you might do to yourself. :D Hey, I am joking man....Seriously.

Thanks for your first comment. And a big LOLOL to the latter. Lolol.

Is it clearly evidence for instant creation as indicated in the Bible? Yes.

Yea, but the Bible is only as how each individual interprets it. Me personally, I can't base my whole life or the meaning of life or the beginning of life on a book that who really knows if it's based on fact or fiction. I think it's a great story/morals to live by book and nothing more.

And to clarify, metalman, I do believe in God, as horrid as it may sound coming from me. I just have too many questions that NO ONE will ever be able to answer. And, just as in my ghost hunting expeditions, I like to look at both sides of the coin when looking at something. Science and ?. Later, QD.

Hulud
05-27-2006, 12:44 PM
I can't base my whole life or the meaning of life or the beginning of life on a book that who really knows if it's based on fact or fiction. I think it's a great story/morals to live by book and nothing more.

thats the truth

metalman
05-27-2006, 12:45 PM
actually it doesnt :goodjob:
how do bubbles in a rock prove creation?
untill you witness a rock or human or whatever pop out of no where into life then you can say there is evidence but until then its still only theory like evertything else ;)

Fact-
Its not a "theory" that those exist....they DO. You can even look at pictures of them. Theyre not a theory, they are existing physical evidence, just like fingerprints at a crime scene.

No matter how you put your hands over your eyes so that you can't seem them, theyre still there. ;)

Hulud
05-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Fact-
Its not a "theory" that those exist....they DO. You can even look at pictures of them. Theyre not a theory, they are existing physical evidence, just like fingerprints at a crime scene.

No matter how you put your hands over your eyes so that you can't seem them, theyre still there. ;)
i know they exist but im saying creation is a theory

metalman
05-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Yea, but the Bible is only as how each individual interprets it. Me personally, I can't base my whole life or the meaning of life or the beginning of life on a book that who really knows if it's based on fact or fiction. I think it's a great story/morals to live by book and nothing more.

I understand where youre coming from. I have been on "that side" so I can relate. Knowing whether the Bible is true/accurate or not is something all must wrestle with. All I can do is share my experience. I have taken things that are promises in the Bible and sincerely, with an honest prayerful heart, and approached them, tested them, asking God to show me. My thoughts are if there is no God, OR if His so-called Word isnt valid or accurate then those things won't be/come true. Lets face it, if you pray to a toad you get no answer. All that will happen is NOTHING.
Well all I can say is that I did get answers, I got conclusive results. Which then lead to more testing and trial of Biblical principles, and so on. It's a journey, and by no means one I have completed.

And to clarify, metalman, I do believe in God, as horrid as it may sound coming from me. I just have too many questions that NO ONE will ever be able to answer. And, just as in my ghost hunting expeditions, I like to look at both sides of the coin when looking at something. Science and ?. Later, QD.

I dont think it sounds "horrid" for anyone to say they believe in God.
I am a "horrid" person...I have come in time to believe in God, know what I mean?

I do understand being a sceptic. I am a very sceptical person, so I can relate.
Again, all I can tell you from my own experience is do not be too quick to assume that you will never find answers. I realize that some questions must wait to be answered but I would be cautious on saying exactly which those are. ;)

quickdodgeŽ
05-27-2006, 01:30 PM
I dont think it sounds "horrid" for anyone to say they believe in God.
I am a "horrid" person...I have come in time to believe in God, know what I mean?

I know what you mean. I didn't mean horrid as in believing in God is horrid. I mean it as you see how I am on here, the language and such. A person like me believing. Later, QD.

trini_gsr
05-28-2006, 08:21 PM
this same subject kinda came up before in the evolution thread. the whole God versus science thing is an interesting argument...

on the one hand, in the absence of technology, you find that man credits everything to the creator. from rainfall to crops growing, etc. but as man understands the workings of the universe more and more, less and less is attributed to the "magical powers" of God.

in studying philosophy and the evolution of thinking throughout the centuries, it seems that the advent of western philosophy (started largely by the greeks) pretty much signaled beginning of the rift between science and religion/spirituality. and now that rift is like a chasm, lol.

what's interesting though is that the original greek philosophers like pythagoras (sp), etc, actually were taught in the mystery school systems in Egypt. it seems that the ancient egyptians (actually eastern thought in general) didn't have this issue with believing in God AND the scientific method like we do today.

their ideas about the nature of God, etc are different from ours, but they were able to reconcile it into one big picture. as a matter of fact, before you could even start to LEARN about metaphysical/spiritual concepts...you had to demonstrate a mastery of math and science first.

personally i think those guys were on the money, and the greeks kinda lost that in translation. the bible says God is a God of order and not the author of confusion...the universe is a system that was obviously designed by a set of rules, and the scientific method is the tool we as humans have to discover how it all works, so we can use it to our benefit.

but just because we're smart enough to see how God did it, and even duplicate it on a smaller scale (we're made in God's image, so this is natural), doesn't mean we should run and leave God out of the equation. i think that's just pretentious. but at the end of the day, it all starts with an assumption, so you have to make your own choice...

Romeyo07
05-30-2006, 12:53 PM
I know what you mean. I didn't mean horrid as in believing in God is horrid. I mean it as you see how I am on here, the language and such. A person like me believing. Later, QD.

Why should it matter how you talk on here? I don't think your language is as big of an issue as to the condition of your overall relationship with God. Everyone has one, good or bad, regardless if you acknowledge it or not. I know Christians who swear, its just something they try to deal with. Not to say its right, but it happens.

{X}Echo419
07-21-2006, 09:08 AM
so how do you think everything got here?

did an absolute void explode form nothing to create everything?
I would think everyone would at least be agnostic.
somebody had to start this shit up. be it Buddha, God, or an 8 legged elephant. :ninja:
I was just curious how someone comes to the decision to "be" an atheist. :cheers:

4dmin
07-21-2006, 09:15 AM
i'm not atheist, but divine intervention (not anywhere near what christians believe) put in action a cycle(evolution) which man has become top of the food chain.

NO GODS NO MASTERS ~ CHOOSE YOUR HEAVEN

Killer
07-21-2006, 10:07 AM

somebody had to start this shit up. be it Buddha, God, or an 8 legged elephant. :ninja:
I was just curious how someone comes to the decision to "be" an atheist. :cheers:

i'm with u on that one.

Xan
07-21-2006, 11:20 AM
i'm not atheist, but divine intervention (not anywhere near what christians believe) put in action a cycle(evolution) which man has become top of the food chain.

NO GODS NO MASTERS ~ CHOOSE YOUR HEAVEN

Agreed. Natural order of things. However, when we look around most will find that man is the only being that doesn't exist in harmony with everything else around him. I feel that we are an unexpected pregnancy so to speak.

4dmin
07-21-2006, 12:21 PM
Agreed. Natural order of things. However, when we look around most will find that man is the only being that doesn't exist in harmony with everything else around him. I feel that we are an unexpected pregnancy so to speak.

^ i agree to a point... someone always has to become superior... Lion king of the jungle, etc... you take are society alone (just man) even in our own society only the strong survive... we have/don't have harmony in our own species beyond the entire planet.

Killer
07-21-2006, 01:08 PM
but if man would quit trying to be better than his fellow man, or if the strong would help the weak... we would all get along much better.

4dmin
07-21-2006, 01:24 PM
but if man would quit trying to be better than his fellow man, or if the strong would help the weak... we would all get along much better.

ummm that is what tree hugging hippies don't understand... no creature including man is capable of that. the strong will survive its animal instinct. :goodjob:

Cato ED-6
07-21-2006, 01:43 PM
I believe that if your Atheist than you don't know what to believe in. And you are trying to make up your mind. Some people finally believe in something and turn away from Atheism. And then again some don't and die as an Atheist. But thats just what I think and I could be very wrong.

Killer
07-21-2006, 01:49 PM
right... the strong will survive... but the strong are strong for a reason... just like the leader of a wolf pack.. he's the leader cause he's the strongest.. so he's responsible for taking care of all under him. not just himself.

i'm not disagreeing with u.. ur totally correct, but we could do more to help is all.

{X}Echo419
07-21-2006, 01:52 PM

that sounds kinda "Communist" :police: .

I've been doing some research and the only other "animals" on the planet that take care of their elderly and sick are a few species of ape and some bird or something like that.
kinda strange if you ask me.

Hulud
07-21-2006, 05:12 PM

this thread is a load of bullshit, just cause people cant prove something it has to be god? :screwy:

ok buddy youve convinced me, now i am gonna believe there is a god because i dont fully understand how the world came to be :lmfao:

GTScoob
07-21-2006, 06:22 PM
that sounds kinda "Communist" :police: .

Are we still in the middle of a red scare? :blah: :blah:

Evolution works. A baby is created from 2 cells and then grows into a human, the same thing could happen in primordial ooze millions of years ago.

Mchnhead2k5
07-21-2006, 06:44 PM
do you have proof that your "god" created this world can be said for people that say how do you know that big bang theory happened. For me i do not know whether evolution created this world or "god" created this world there is no definite proof of either but i'll sway towards the world of agnostics/atheists. I definately don't like the hypcritical Christians that come up to me at Willy's (while i'm at work) and ask me if i've been good but how do you know what good is when u don't follow jesus' path. I'm not preaching about agnosticism/atheism or even hinduism which i believe certain parts of.

{X}Echo419
07-23-2006, 02:40 PM
this thread is a load of bullshit, just cause people cant prove something it has to be god? :screwy:

ok buddy youve convinced me, now i am gonna believe there is a god because i dont fully understand how the world came to be :lmfao:

a. I wasn't trying to "convert" anyone.
b. why you gotta be so damned sensitive? for someone who makes more threads about/bashing christianity(not that I am 1) than Lucient does threads about asses, you sure do get your panties in a bunch about this.
c. awnser the question or don't bother posting. you're not contributing anything to it. :no:

Hulud
07-23-2006, 04:18 PM
a. I wasn't trying to "convert" anyone.
b. why you gotta be so damned sensitive? for someone who makes more threads about/bashing christianity(not that I am 1) than Lucient does threads about asses, you sure do get your panties in a bunch about this.
c. awnser the question or don't bother posting. you're not contributing anything to it. :no:
show me one thread where i have bashed a religion....

as ive said before you wont find it :goodjob:

i am the one who got this forum on here, so i think i have contributed more than you knwo ;)

Hulud
07-23-2006, 04:22 PM
and how am i getting all defensive about it? im not even athiest

im just showing how dumb and narrow minded that question is

its just as believable that it created from micro-organisms as it is for a god to create it :goodjob:

C22H19N3O4
07-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Talk about repost after repost. :rolleyes:

You can always tell when someone is trying just a little too hard. :lmfao:

Hulud
07-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Talk about repost after repost. :rolleyes:

touche
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=63259&highlight=bang

merged

{X}Echo419
07-24-2006, 07:22 AM
and how am i getting all defensive about it? im not even athiest

im just showing how dumb and narrow minded that question is

its just as believable that it created from micro-organisms as it is for a god to create it :goodjob:

so it's ok for you to "ask questions" about christianity that you could just damned google, but when I ask an honest opinion of atheistis(there are several on here) you go ape shit. you're the only dumb narrow mminded person here pal. :tongue1:
wow, you're not an athiest? I really thought so(no kidding). muslim? and no you don't have to awnser, so don't get bent out of shape @ me for asking.

Hulud
07-24-2006, 07:35 AM
so it's ok for you to "ask questions" about christianity that you could just damned google, but when I ask an honest opinion of atheistis(there are several on here) you go ape shit. you're the only dumb narrow mminded person here pal. :tongue1:
i ask questions for a discussion, common sense would have told you that :goodjob:

how do i go ape shit? because i felt what you asked was stupid?
your theone getting bent out of shape buddy

wow, you're not an athiest? I really thought so(no kidding). muslim? and no you don't have to awnser, so don't get bent out of shape @ me for asking.
nah man im agnostic, funny how you automaticall assume muslim, since by your posts about islam you have some sort of ignorant hatred toward them :goodjob:

and for the record, most of your posts you make no matter what religion they are directed towards, seem to be worded in a way to start an argument and not a discussion. in this thread you were basically making fun of people who didnt believe in a higher power the way you worded it, just a little FYI. It comes to no surprise no one really likes what you post, from what ive heard

{X}Echo419
07-24-2006, 08:59 AM
i ask questions for a discussion, common sense would have told you that :goodjob:

how do i go ape shit? because i felt what you asked was stupid?
your theone getting bent out of shape buddy
ok, sure. that's why YOU got all pissy. :goodjob:

nah man im agnostic, funny how you automaticall assume muslim, since by your posts about islam you have some sort of ignorant hatred toward them :goodjob:
it was just a guess. I just post on "islam" just to add some variety to the "Christianity Quiz Show" you've got going on here. sry, if I broke your stride.
what do you think would happen if I posted of Mohammed slappin' Bin Laden? you'd call me a muslim hater again. looks like you've got some kind of "haterd" for christians. with your sig and your "discussions". what chew know bout dat? :yes:
btw: on several occasions you've asked if I am a christian. so if me thinking you're muslim makes a hater then.... :bump:
[/quote}and for the record, most of your posts you make no matter what religion they are directed towards, seem to be worded in a way to start an argument and not a discussion. in this thread you were basically making fun of people who didnt believe in a higher power the way you worded it, just a little FYI. It comes to no surprise no one really likes what you post, from what ive heard[/QUOTE]
I wasn't making fun of anybody. at least no more than anyone else on here. when they say that they, "Hate God."(not that I care) and such. why don't you jump all over them? you have nothing to say then? that's not insulting? :cheers: :yourock:

Hulud
07-24-2006, 02:58 PM
ok, sure. that's why YOU got all pissy. :goodjob:
sorry i wasnt pissy :goodjob:

I wasn't making fun of anybody. at least no more than anyone else on here. when they say that they, "Hate God."(not that I care) and such. why don't you jump all over them? you have nothing to say then? that's not insulting? :cheers: :yourock:
no how can i say something to b@d@pple? hes a fuckin mod in here too buddy :goodjob: if i were to delete it he would just re-open it, so that doesnt make any sense now does it :no:

i asked what you were because you posted in one thread "other" and in another buddhist, so why not share what you are, since i did the same

Hulud
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
anyways lets get back on topic cause i dont want to lock this

ShooterMcGavin
07-27-2006, 10:45 AM
Evolution works. A baby is created from 2 cells and then grows into a human, the same thing could happen in primordial ooze millions of years ago.
exactly. just because we as humans can't explain or can't even begin to fathom in our minds the crazy shit that went into the creation of this planet, universe or whatever, doesn't automatically mean there was a God that created it all. that just seems like the easy way out or being so insecure in ones ignorance that they feel like they have to believe in something.

{X}Echo419
07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
1st Law of Termodynamics
The first law says that although matter and energy can be changed in form, the total quantity of mass/energy is always the same. ie: matter cannot be created or destroyed.

you tell me what started it all. and by all I mean every damned thing in the damn universe. from gravity to the potato salad @ KFC. and I don't mean, "a Big Bang of nothing made Everything". b/c that don't Jive with one of the few actual "LAWS" of science.
Because to Me, a God/dieity/whatever you want to call it creating man, the universe, and everything in it sounds a whole lot more plasuable to me.
b/c @ least I can look @ the 1st Law of thermodynamics and say, "Big Bang? well fuct dat." :2cents:

ShooterMcGavin
07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
^^^hey smartass, who created the 1st law of thermodynamics? think about that one for a minute

{X}Echo419
07-27-2006, 02:36 PM
^^^hey smartass, who created the 1st law of thermodynamics? think about that one for a minute
^well, it's better than being a dumbass^ isn't it.

I made the refrence and you think asking me when discovered it is a witty response? and he didn't "create" it. it was more of a discovery, since it already exsisted. it's just that no one knew about it or had a name for it before.
btw:

...that just seems like the easy way out or being so insecure in ones ignorance that they feel like they have to believe in something.
yeah, you're right there. b/c believing there was a "Big Bang"(no matter how intellectual that may sound) isn't an "easy way out". espically after having knowalge of the Laws of Thermodynamics....not to mention other scientific fact. but lets not get this thread To off track :D
http://www.direct.ca/trinity/1law.html

ShooterMcGavin
07-27-2006, 04:35 PM

wouldn't know about being a dumbass, u on the other hand i cannot speak for because...

I made the refrence and you think asking me when discovered it is a witty response? and he didn't "create" it. it was more of a discovery, since it already exsisted. it's just that no one knew about it or had a name for it before.
btw

in ur lame attempt at being witty w/the whole bold letters and shit, u failed to identify who really discovered the 1st law of thermo...yeah, not newton genious (yes, with an "O"), try robert mayer.

yeah, you're right there. b/c believing there was a "Big Bang"(no matter how intellectual that may sound) isn't an "easy way out". espically after having knowalge of the Laws of Thermodynamics....not to mention other scientific fact. but lets not get this thread To off track :D
http://www.direct.ca/trinity/1law.html

lastly, who ever said i believed in the big bang theory? u know what they say about ppl who assume... :chuckles:

{X}Echo419
07-28-2006, 06:24 AM
wouldn't know about being a dumbass, u on the other hand i cannot speak for because...
O-Snap! now That was witty.

in ur lame attempt at being witty w/the whole bold letters and shit, u failed to identify who really discovered the 1st law of thermo...yeah, not newton genious (yes, with an "O"), try robert mayer.
your pathetic attempt @ google shows what a weak mind you really have.
mayer helped to lay some ground work for future scientists later. He did Not devepole it him self. here I goolgled something so maybe you could understand.http://www.geocities.com/Axiom43/sciencelaws.html

lastly, who ever said i believed in the big bang theory? u know what they say about ppl who assume... :chuckles: [/QUOTE]

yeah, I heard that one, like 12 years ago. :goodjob:
ok, what's your theory? Romuls & Remus? an 8 legged elephant? a cosmic mother cow? elighten us Master Yoda. :yes:

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2006, 08:39 AM
O-Snap! now That was witty.

damn right that was witty, i would say game recognize game but i'm not sure that you've got the game...

your pathetic attempt @ google shows what a weak mind you really have.
mayer helped to lay some ground work for future scientists later. He did Not devepole it him self. here I goolgled something so maybe you could understand.http://www.geocities.com/Axiom43/sciencelaws.html

pathetic attempt at google? that's pretty funny right there. are you really retarded to point where you cannot differentiate between the laws of MOTION and the laws of THERMODYNAMICS? i hear southern poly has some good engineering classes, maybe you should pick a few up if you can manage to get in...

yeah, I heard that one, like 12 years ago. :goodjob:
ok, what's your theory? Romuls & Remus? an 8 legged elephant? a cosmic mother cow? elighten us Master Yoda. :yes:

heard it 12 yrs ago? didn't realize you could hear anything while still in your dad's left nut. :thinking:

and who said i had a theory? this isn't the first thread where i've pointed out that we as humans very well may not have the ability to cope with the idea of creation, or crazy ass theories such as the big bang. does it mean they didn't happen? no, but it also does not mean that we'll ever find enough evidence to satiate our quest for proof of one or the other.

nice star wars reference asshat, and yoda told me to tell you: "learn to spell you should young padawan." :yes:

{X}Echo419
07-28-2006, 09:44 AM
scroll down the link pal. mayer was a "catalyst" not the result. :goodjob:

nice star wars reference asshat, and yoda told me to tell you: "learn to spell you should young padawan." :yes:
:screwy:
Now I know you're full of shit! no way in hell Yoda would've said that.
he would've said something more like, "learn to spell you should my young padawan." :yes:

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2006, 10:25 AM
scroll down the link pal. mayer was a "catalyst" not the result.
:wtf: man your skull is thick...catalyst? result? what part of newton did not come up with the laws of thermodynamics do you not understand? the way your reasoning stands, i can just as easily say henry ford came up with the designs for the latest ferrari.

Now I know you're full of shit! no way in hell Yoda would've said that.
he would've said something more like, "learn to spell you should my young padawan." :yes:

that was such a lame attempt at wit and humor that i'm not even going to honor it with a response...

Romeyo07
07-28-2006, 11:11 AM
I have a belly button

{X}Echo419
07-28-2006, 11:32 AM
I have a belly button
that makes more sense that Sahmmi ever will. :goodjob: +1

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2006, 11:56 AM
that makes more sense that Sahmmi ever will. :goodjob: +1
i will take this as your official bow out from our battle of wits, one which you were never fully equipped for anyway :goodjob:

C22H19N3O4
07-28-2006, 12:52 PM
GED? not hardly, I'm working on my masters pal. go diaf.

Well, the mentally retarded have come a long way. Good luck with that "masters" program. :lmfao:

:rolleyes: :lmfao: :D

{X}Echo419
07-28-2006, 01:40 PM
i will take this as your official bow out from our battle of wits, one which you were never fully equipped for anyway :goodjob:

take it whoever you want. in fact take it and shove it up your ass. :goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
07-28-2006, 03:39 PM
Take it 'whoever' I want? :thinking: I don't know what's more sad, the fact that you're in a masters program and have trouble forming coherent sentences? Or that there are schools out there that would accept ones such as yourself into a graduate program...

Hulud
07-28-2006, 04:09 PM
locked due to getting off topic/stupid posts