PDA

View Full Version : 1995 4door dx civic

typerek
07-20-2006, 06:40 PM
up for sale or trade is a 1995 dx four door civic. the car has 120 on it but the odemeter says 96. it has some altezzas in the back and some glow gauges and strobes and clear corners (i had nothing to do with any of that stuff lol) it's stock height with really good tires, 2 1/4 inch cat back and intake. there are no speakers or cd player but if i can find my face plate i will throw a radio in. i do not have the title but i have the completed bonded title packet all set it just needs to be turned in i'm broke and don't have 150 dollars to do it. I am asking $2000 obo or will trade but it has to be honda or acura. the car does need a clutch and distrributer and a paint job. the car currently runs but clutch slips. the primer in the rear isn't from damge somebody just started primering it.

vin# 1HGEG8541SL010812

GOODS=
cat back
intake
good tires
new gasket set and axle
clean interior
straight outside just needs paint
new timing belt
new plugs

BADS=
needs paint
needs axle
might need distibuter

RutRoe
07-20-2006, 07:07 PM
Boy that's not a good deal at all...

typerek
07-20-2006, 07:08 PM
thanks for your opinion

2.0civic
07-20-2006, 07:10 PM
how low you willing to go?? Slipping clutch, needs axle and dizzy, and 2k?? whats the deal behind the mileage?

RutRoe
07-20-2006, 07:13 PM
That's basically a 1200-1400 dollar car as it sits WITH a clean title...title bonds aren't that big of a deal,but people need to investigate exactly what they're getting into if they've never done that before.

typerek
07-20-2006, 07:19 PM
i would take 1500 dollars i just threw up a price and i have the police inspection for the car and everythingg

claytonsmith
07-20-2006, 07:54 PM
sorry to ruin the thread but im gonna have to bust you man thats not cool

the vin on this car does not match the vin on the title. he changed the dash and threw the original one in the trash with the PROPER vin plate on it

as far as the dmv is concerned this car has swapped vins

try and register it

go to jail.. do not pass go

this is the story i was given some week ago when we tried to work out a trade.. if anything has changed feel free to explain that and correct me

SLow_POke
07-20-2006, 08:03 PM
D

the vin on this car does not match the vin on the title. he changed the dash and threw the original one in the trash with the PROPER vin plate on it

try and register it

this is the story i was given some week ago when we tried to work out a trade.. if anything has changed feel free to explain that and correct me

WHOA!!! if its true fuken good call
-Ernie

SLow_POke
07-20-2006, 08:07 PM
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/warriordaigo/Explain.jpg (http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i43/warriordaigo/?) . . .

Vteckidd
07-20-2006, 08:11 PM

try and register it

yeah thats a federal and state like $10000 fine. im not sure how you get around it, haveto contact the DMV and go through the PROPER channel, but if thats true, then im locking this as a shady post

typerek
07-20-2006, 08:44 PM
ok the dash is swapped. the inside use to be spray painted blue and was switched with one that was not!! that's why there is no vin on the dash. the vin is on the door jamb and the firewall!! i did get in trouble for it but because they thoiught i did it but i bought it like that but didn't have proof so they assumed i did it everything is straightened out now. has any body every switched to a black dash and interior before? exactly just be careful when doing that. if there was a problem with the vins when i got the police inspection for the bonded title they would not have signed the acception form and when i got in trouble for the dash they wouldn't have let me get it out of the impound lot i have paper work for everything. i'm not gonna fight and argue though cause that guy is just trying to help out people on ia. and it's not that the vin doesn't match it's that there isn't one on the dash the one on the firewall doorjamb and motor is untouched and untampered with. and all match.

typerek
07-20-2006, 08:48 PM
it is not illegal to posses a car that has the dash vin removed BUT is illegal to do it. for anybody who got the car i would give a notarized paper stating i sold the car with the vin on dash removed. that's the paper i needed to straighten everything out. i bought the car from lqqitzme on ia ask him if you don't beleive me.

claytonsmith
07-20-2006, 10:07 PM
yeah man not trying to start shit but uh.. thats a pretty important detail you forgot to mention. like.. a really big huge detail good luck with the sell.. i suggest you get the title straight befoer you sell it.. no one is gonna give you shit for a car that is gonna be as much of a legal headache as this will be

typerek
07-20-2006, 10:23 PM
yea i know i should just send in the paper work for the title but i'm broke. i have a sale pending tommorrow. the reason i did not mention it is cause i got everything straightened out. i'm not mad cause people should look out for things that look sketchy. i have sold and bought a lot of stuff on here including 6 cars and never had a problem and never tryied to rip anybody off. i sold somebody on ia a car with no title at all and he trusted me to give it to him when it came in the mail and guess what when it did i gave it to him. if i was out to rip peoeple off i would have grabbed my title and registration and reported the car stolen and got my car back. i also work at honda and whenever people neeed oem parts i get it for them with my discount. just my way of helping people out.

typerek
07-21-2006, 09:50 PM
like i said everything was straightened out i sold it today ya'll missed out on a good deal. thoguht people that knew me would have stuck up for me and vouched that i never would have tried to rip any body off.